PDA

View Full Version : It's Officail, We Can All be Rounded up as Terrorists

osoab
14th December 2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/pictures/picture-5.jpg (http://www.zerohedge.com/users/tyler-durden)
Congress Passes $662 Billion Defense Bill, Aka The NDAA (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/congress-passes-662-billion-defense-bill-aka-ndaa)

Congress just passed the National Defense Authorization Act in a 283-to-136 vote. 190 Republicans and 93 Democrats voted for; 43 Republicans and 93 Democrats voted "against." Prepare to be arrested, without charge, simply because someone "up there" believes you engage in "terroristy" stuff. Good luck proving them wrong.Hide your Chore Boys.

k-os
14th December 2011, 06:21 PM
There's a giant "If you see something, say something" billboard really close to my house. It has a phone number and a website on the billboard.

I am thinking it might be fun to call it (with a throw away phone, of course) with all kinds of nonsense to waste their time.

Like . . . "I saw this billboard. Now what? Is it an eye exam? Did I pass?"
Or . . . "I saw a black cat cross the road. I saw it. Is that something?" Or . . . "What am I looking for, exactly?" . . . "Did you lose something?" . . . "Can we talk about 'something'?"

See, if it wasn't for GSUS, I would have no idea what that damn billboard meant.

So, the way I see it, with this bill passed, and with these "see something, say something" campaigns (amongst other recent developments) . . . we have become exactly like Cuba, or communist Russia. How can anyone believe this is the land of the Free?

vacuum
14th December 2011, 06:23 PM
Good idea k-os, but I'd either make it more believable initially then the story gets more and more ludicrous until about 15 or 20 minutes later they hang up on you, or give them a story that sounds plausible and they actually file a case for it. (if they file a case for it that's better, otherwise they'll just hire more people on the phones....with the infinite dollars they have)

osoab
14th December 2011, 06:24 PM
I screwed up it's not technically official. I jumped the gun just a tad.

I am guessing this is a done deal before Christmas though.

Libertytree
14th December 2011, 06:34 PM
Another in a very long list of tragic days in American history. We've given them the rope to hang us and there ain't much slack left, somethings gotta give.

chad
14th December 2011, 06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isUCQIvOplA

Horn
14th December 2011, 07:39 PM
Some Tea Party Eh?

They should make a new Gadsen flag with a greying boomer on it that states,

Please Come Tread On Me

Sparky
15th December 2011, 07:29 AM
There's a giant "If you see something, say something" billboard really close to my house. It has a phone number and a website on the billboard.

Dial 1-800-BIG-BROTHER. Or visit us at BigBrother.gov.

Hatha Sunahara
15th December 2011, 09:15 AM
If you see something, and say something, are you personally accountable for what the goons do? What does DHS do to people using this as an opportunity to make gratuitous trouble for other people?

Are people going to start disappearing? This 'law' makes it perfectly legal.

Hatha

JDRock
15th December 2011, 09:40 AM
its BEEN going on...look at ed steele. Judges arbirarily REFUSING as evidence that which would refute the governments case in numerous instances...
this just make it official..we KNEW they were coming for us...all the cries of "paranoia" can be put away now. This "law" was made for the likes of YOU and I.....it can be meant for no other, the sheep bleat to the tune of their masters....the minorities riot on cue ....it is US, the red-pill tribe they seek.

JDRock
15th December 2011, 09:49 AM
hoarder has been right all along. its the control of the media the populace lacks.... this should be front page news BEFORE they voted on it and after! but alas...the eyes of the country will be on dancing with the "stars"...and biggest loser...We were the biggest losers, while the "stars' danced for joy.. :(

iOWNme
15th December 2011, 11:23 AM
I have at least 9 firearms within my immediate reach, that says i will NEVER be rounded up as a Terrorist.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
15th December 2011, 11:31 AM
It's legislation like this that makes you understand their need for the Patriot Act.

JDRock
15th December 2011, 04:26 PM
bump...serious ...

General of Darkness
15th December 2011, 04:28 PM
I have at least 9 firearms within my immediate reach, that says i will NEVER be rounded up as a Terrorist.

Exactly. WHEN then come for you, don't go.

osoab
15th December 2011, 04:45 PM

Friggin Terrorists. :p

MAGNES
15th December 2011, 04:58 PM

I am thinking it might be fun to call it (with a throw away phone, of course) with all kinds of nonsense to waste their time.

Like . . . "I saw this billboard. Now what? Is it an eye exam? Did I pass?"
Or . . . "I saw a black cat cross the road. I saw it. Is that something?" Or . . . "What am I looking for, exactly?" . . . "Did you lose something?" . . . "Can we talk about 'something'?"

See, if it wasn't for GSUS, I would have no idea what that damn billboard meant.

So, the way I see it, with this bill passed, and with these "see something, say something" campaigns (amongst other recent developments) . . . we have become exactly like Cuba, or communist Russia. How can anyone believe this is the land of the Free?

If it wasn't for GSUS ? What do you think we were posting on GIM long ago.

Have a look at my threads on here, when are you going to contribute to them ?

How do you think we ended up here, and being trolled, why do you think Joe King is trolling GofD for example ?

k-os
15th December 2011, 05:00 PM
If it wasn't for GSUS ? What do you think we were posting on GIM long ago.

I am pretty sure that ad campaign wasn't around back on GIM. I was speaking specifically of not knowing what a "if you see something, say something" billboard meant.

KumbayaMan
15th December 2011, 05:06 PM
Exactly. WHEN then come for you, don't go.

I have thought about this extensively....
So, what if they don't come for you in the night?
What if they don't bust your door down in front of your cowering wife and kids?
They may not announce they're coming for you.
What if it's more sublime...
Let's say a contrived traffic stop by the local thugs... I can see it now...

Officer: "are you armed sir....?"
you: "yes sir, I have a CPL and a (god given) right to carry...."
Officer: "Please step out of the car sir..."

What's next? How do you discern?
Once they got you in custody, that's it...

iOWNme
15th December 2011, 05:12 PM
I have thought about this extensively....
So, what if they don't come for you in the night?
What if they don't bust your door down in front of your cowering wife and kids?
What if it's more sublime...
Let's say a traffic stop by the local thugs... I can see it now...

Officer: "are you armed sir....?"
you: "yes sir, I have a CPL and a (god given) right to carry...."
Officer: "Please step out of the car sir..."

What's next? How do you discern?
Once they got you in custody, that's it...

This is a question every man has to ask himself. We all have a line. I think the problem may be we have all been conditioned to draw our line at our home and family. When we should have drawn the line at our private property being assaulted. If we would have done that, they wouldnt even have the chance to make it to our homes and family.

If you were falsely convicted of murder and sentenced to death, when they came to take you to the chair, would you consent and willfully walk down death row, or would you 100% forcefully resist all acquiescence on the grounds of justice and morality?

(These are the questions i ask myself)

osoab
15th December 2011, 05:23 PM
One down, one to go. Tick Tock.

Congress sends defense authorization bill to the White House (http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/199771-congress-clears-defense-authorization-for-2012-sends-it-to-obama-for-signature-)

The Senate followed the House on Thursday in overwhelmingly approving the Defense Authorization Act for 2012 conference report, after an eleventh-hour compromise on the terrorist detainee provision removed a veto threat from the White House.

The bill now goes to the White House, where President Obama is expected to sign it into law.

The $670 billion authorization bill sets spending levels at the Department of Defense through fiscal year 2012, including salaries for soldiers setting spending levels for the development of the military's weapons systems.The changes to the bill forged in conference between the chambers fortify the president's right to prosecute accused terrorists captured on U.S. soil in civilian courts, although the legislation maintains military custody as the default.

Thursday's debate, prior to the 86-13 passage, mirrored floor action that occurred late last month, with opponents largely split along partisan lines. Republicans argued that accused terrorists should be denied their Miranda rights and be subject to indefinite military detentions while Democrats argued that American citizens possess a birthright to civilian proceedings.

Junior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) asserted, "No member of al Qaeda, no terrorist should ever hear the words 'you have the right to remain silent.' "

Senior member of the committee, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), took the argument even further calling members of al Qaeda "crazy people” and saying it would be "the dumbest thing in the history of the world for a nation" to treat our enemies better on our own land than on the battlefield.

But Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) both argued that the civilian system has been a more effective agency for dispersing justice to terrorists and said they worried about the encroachment on Americans' constitutional rights. WTF?!

The House approved the bill 283-136 earlier in the week.

osoab
15th December 2011, 05:33 PM
Also need to add that the current NDAA allows bestiality for the armed services.

National Defense Authorization Act: Provision Repeals Military Ban On Sodomy (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/national-defense-authorization-act-ndaa_n_1137639.html)
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/national-defense-authorization-act-ndaa_n_1137639.html)

WASHINGTON — Recently passed Senate legislation would make sodomy and sex with animals legal under military law, ending long-standing prohibitions and triggering cries of perversion from conservative groups.

The bill, which the Senate passed 93-7 last week, would repeal Article 125 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that states any person who engages in "unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy." Those found guilty of sodomy would be subject to court martial.

Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Carl Levin, D-Mich., said Thursday that the repeal was simply a legal change because it's no longer constitutional. A 2003 Supreme Court decision struck down a Texas ban on sodomy as an unconstitutional intrusion on privacy.
rest at link.

now I have a reason to share this gem.

GWAR!

NSFW! NSFK! NSFG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCNYK_9hKDk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCNYK_9hKDk

po boy
15th December 2011, 05:39 PM
Great now they can beat the sheep to death with baseball bats then Fuck it.

Joe King
15th December 2011, 05:40 PM
why do you think Joe King is trolling GofD for example ?I am? I had no idea. I'm glad you told me. It sure is a good thing we've got you to tell us what our own words mean, lest we never know what we're typing. lol
IMHO, he trolls for himself.

I've heard of people speaking before thinking, but not too often do you see people think of what to say, type it out and click "post reply" before actually thinking. lol
I sincerely do not want to see anyone get banned, but if someone on the forum is going to do the equivalent to saying, "hold muh beer and watch this".....I'm going to do just that.
...and when they screw up, I'm gonna lol and then finish their beer.

po boy
15th December 2011, 05:43 PM
Maybe the silver is vaporizing his brain. LOL

He sees the forrest through the trees through that he sees unicorns.

ximmy
15th December 2011, 11:38 PM
The war is on you, you are the enemy now... If you dare to speak out against the corruption in Washington DC... you will be the new terrorist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eVvklcannw

gunDriller
16th December 2011, 04:10 AM
we could all call up the hotline and say, "something ! do i win a prize for being a good citizen ?"

Tumbleweed
16th December 2011, 04:54 AM
I have struggled with the question of when to resist and it helps to hear or read about others experiances who have faced this for real. I've mentioned on this forum the book by Miron Dolot "Execution by Hunger" and it has helped me with this question and the decision we will have to make for ourselves. Those people there faced a situation that we will have to face as well.

What happened in the Ukraine looks very similar to what is happening now in this country. The same tribe took control of the government in Russia that has control in this country today and they are doing very similar things here that were done in Russia.

I'm going to post a review of the book below because it is better written than I could do. The book would be good reading for everyone here because it will show you the real life experiances of those who didn't resist and tried to survive by being compliant. Not resisting just made it easier for those in control to kill them and they died by the millions. This could be a look in to our future and help us to prepare and maybe avoid the experiance of the christian farmers of the Ukraine.

http://www.amazon.com/Execution-Hunger-Holocaust-Miron-Dolot/product-reviews/0393304167/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Miron Dolot's ( nom de plume) book titled EXECUTION BY HUNGER is a depressing and tragic history of the mass murder campaign in the Ukraine region of the Soviet Union from 1928 to 1933. This book is a detailed history of the planned famine which took place approximately 400 miles south of Kiev, the Ukraine when Stalin & co. orchestrated a planned famine to destroy Ukrainian nationalism under the ruse of eliminating "Enemies of the People" especially the Kulaks. Eventually even the poorest Ukrainians were considered Kulaks or enemies of the people. The book shows the progression of the tyranny and the gradual extermination of millions of Ukrainians including women, children, and even infants.

Dolot began his study with the first attempts of the Soviet bureaucrats entering the area of the Ukraine where he lived to encourage the Ukrainians to "voluntarily" give their land to the Soviet Unions' collective farms and to "voluntarily" join the collective farms. Dolot cites examples of Soviet bureaucrats who were supposed to be agricultural experts who did not the even know the difference between a colt and a calf. The book also describes the distortions of values when a young man by the name of Pavlik Morosov betrayed his father and other family members. The surviving family members killed this fellow by the for such cowardly action, but the Soviet authorities made him a national hero for betraying his family to the Soviet police state.

Dolot continued his study with the gradual yet lethel Soviet policies of starving the Ukrainians. First those who did not join the collective farms were threatened and then arrested. The quotas demanded of the collective farmers gradually increased, and when unrealistic goals were not met, food rations and other penalties were imposed. The excuse for the crop failures was that Kulak traitors, whose numbers were always increasing, had sabotaged crop and livestock production. The balance of the quotas were met by reduction of rations to famine levels.

Then in 1930, the "Enemies of the People" changed. Even though Soviet law forbade anti-Jewish statments and propaganda, the Jews were blamed for crop failures. This may have been due to Stalin's purge of Leon Trotsky who was born Jewish. Dolot reminded readers of Soviet law against this sort of propaganda, but the "class enemies" briefly changed.

As conditions got worse in the Ukraine, other ruses were used to try to fool the Ukrainians. One example was the demonstration of a tractor whereby Soviet propagandists tried to tell the Ukrainians that only the Soviet Union had tractors. Yet when Dolot examined the tractor, he discovered it was made in a foreign country. The stupidty of the Soviet bureaucrats obviously led to failures. Dolot explained that the leadership in the area of the Ukraine where he lived led to purges. Ukrainian collaborators who turned on their own people were now purged and either shot or sent to Siberian concentration camps never to be seen again. Dolot explained that there was no sympathy of these colaborators, but there was no partcular joy in the purges.

Dolot carefully explained that with each change in political leadership, there came increased police and military personel. People who were verbally abused were now either arrested or shot. By 1930, military units guarded crop fields with towers and automatic weapons. Long boring lectures were the order of the week especially Sundays. Public accusations were made for crop failures and the decline in livestock. Prior Soviet collaborators and current Soviet appointees were publicly accused of sabotage and "wreckage" and arrested at these meeting. Also rations were cut, and those who either had private farms or gardens were raided by police and military authorities looking for hoarded food.

An amusing anecdote was the complaint that the number of horses was reduced in the Ukraine. The accusation was that Kulak traitors had deliberatly kept horses separated by tying them in barns. Dolot had the effrontery to comment that the number of horses was reduced in his area because there no stallions. Yet bureaucratic minded murderers refused to even consider such a reason.

Dolot graphically described the worsening conditions. Rations were reduced to below starvation levels. Desparate people who went to the wheat fields were shot. Survivors repeatedly had their homes raided because they survived and that they must be hoarding food. The Ukrainians finally realized that they were being "executed by hunger" when there was little they could do about it. People tried to get food in cities only to find no one who would sell or give them food. Famished people could not do hard farm work. Crop production failed, and the area was filled with men, women, and children (including infants) who starved where they fell or died trying to get to other locations. Dolot gave examples of dead women holding their dead infant children in snow banks or close to railroad staions.

What was amusing if not so tragic was the threat of arrest. Those arrested would at least get fed until the Soviet authorites realized what happend. What was particularly stupid of the Soviet authorities was the use of arrest and sentences to concentration camps in Siberia. One could ask the question why the Soviet authorities would send dissenters and "enemies of the people" to concentration camps when the entire area of the Ukraine was in effect a giant concentration camp.

The situation was so desparate that when Ukrainians killed and consumed their pets, the Soviet authorities issued quotas for dog and cat skins. Then Soviet police and troops would shoot dogs and cats to fill this quota to prevent the Ukrainians from eating their pets. Fishing and hunting were outlawed as the fish and wildlife were socialist state property, and anyone who fished or hunted was stealing from the state and therefore an "enemy of the people."

The situation was so deparate that the Ukrainians preferred suicide to starvation. The suicide of choice was carbon monoxide. The people would close chimney flues and doors, start a fire, and die peacefully from carbon monoxide poisoning. Dolot gave examples of his family checking on friends and other family members only to discover they committed suicide. Other families died of starvation and exhaustion when they too tried to discover the fate of loved ones.

Dolot was fortunate when W.W. II started. He fought for the Soviet Army and was captured. He knew if he returned to the Soviet Union, he would shot as a traitor or deserter. He remained in West Germany and was eventually able to come to the U.S. He never saw his mother or other family members ever again. Yet, he had the utmost respect for his mother who usually outsmarted the Soviet police and soldiers in providing food for her family.

One criticism of this book is that Dolot could have given a brief history of the political tensions between the Russian authorites (Czarist and Communist) which began when Czar Micheal Romanov took power in 1607. Tensions erupted again during the reign of Catherine the Great (1762-1796)when Pugachev led an Ukrainain rebellion that was finally crushed. Such history would clarify the historical tensions between the Russians and the Ukrainians which did not start with the Soviets and Lenin and Stalin.

This book took this reviewer considerable time to read because it was so depressing. Yet, the writing style is terse and lucid. Dolot does not rhapsodize or exaggerate. Some historians of Russian/Soviet History have mildly scolded Dolot for understating the number who died. During the Yalta Conference in 1945,Stalin boasted that his ordered liquadation of the Kulaks cost 17 million lives. Probably the best estimate is approximately 10 million lives. Other books to read to further understand the brulality of the Soviet system up to the time of Stalin's death(1953)are Robert Conquest's books title THE GREAT TERROR and THE HARVEST OF SORROW. Dolot's book titled EXECUTION BY HUNGER is a good book to start to understand the horror of the events in the Ukraine between 1928 to 1933.

PlatinumBlonde
16th December 2011, 06:30 AM
Thank you for posting this Tumbleweed. Did this book say the Kulaks were disarmed first before the famine started?

palani
16th December 2011, 06:46 AM
Russia is both a country and a federation. As with all federations excesses occur frequently because people forget that it is merely a federation and not a country. Doing things such as expressing allegiance to a federation is a recipie for disaster. Stateless people don't understand people who have a state. Federation people are stateless.

Federations are:
U.S.
Canada
U.K.
E.U.
Russia
Switzerland
Mexico
others

Also States that participate in federations are (or should be) considered no longer independent States. Participate in these political societies at your own peril for from these ranks terrorists are created.

JDRock
16th December 2011, 07:09 AM
I am pretty sure that ad campaign wasn't around back on GIM. I was speaking specifically of not knowing what a "if you see something, say something" billboard meant.

that is right off of the National Terrorism Advisory System, or NTAS.......ahh the nwo is ever clever with their # and letter games, hiding in plain sight..
just reverse it ;SATaN

Tumbleweed
16th December 2011, 07:40 AM
Thank you for posting this Tumbleweed. Did this book say the Kulaks were disarmed first before the famine started?

It is clear in the book that they were unarmed and only their controllers had guns. When they did try to resist and beat some of their controllers to death the military was called in to shoot them.

Horn
17th December 2011, 06:17 AM
There's no crisis here.

http://thebreakthrough.org/blog/Defense%20Spending%202.png

mick silver
17th December 2011, 10:23 AM
The New National Defense Authorization Act Is Ridiculously Scary ... Fellow entrepreneurs, Americans, anyone who still cares about this country at all – this is a must read: By the end of this week, the US government very likely will have the power to lock up US citizens for life at Guantanamo Bay or other military prisons – without charge and without trial. This means that, in the near future, a controversial Twitter post, attending a peaceful protest, or publishing an anti-Congress critique or anti-TSA rant on Google+ could land you "indefinite detention" for life, in the wording of the bill. No access to a lawyer, no access to trial. – Business Insider

Dominant Social Theme: Look, we're at war. And if you're the enemy, we're going to get you.
Free-Market Analysis: What could make the US Senate pass a law turning ALL Americans into potential suspects? Fear. Fear "they're" being found out. The controllers. The ones who dominated the world so seamlessly in the 20th century, and whose activities have been discovered in the 21st century. That's what the NDAA is all about, in our humble view.
People in the alternative media are looking at a glass half-empty, but perhaps they ought to consider the full part too. Sure such Draconian authoritarianism is in a sense a victory for the current Congress, for those 100 who've got themselves "empowered" ... for legislative bullying, for the imposition of an ever-more totalitarian state. But, hey, let's mix metaphors. Perhaps this is a kind of white flag as well.
Read More (http://www.thedailybell.com/3306/NDAA-The-Smell-of-Fear) http://www.thedailybell.com/images/greenRightArrow.gif

mick silver
17th December 2011, 10:31 AM
Finis America: Year End Report 2011

Friday, December 16, 2011 – by Adrian Krieg ... http://www.thedailybell.com/3357/Adrian-Krieg-Finis-Americae-Year-End-Report-2011

JDRock
17th December 2011, 01:57 PM
bump...this is THE story of the year so far imo...

osoab
8th February 2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/pictures/picture-5.jpg (http://www.zerohedge.com/users/tyler-durden)
Guest Post: Is The NDAA Lawsuit Headed To The Supreme Court? (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-08/guest-post-ndaa-lawsuit-headed-supreme-court)
Submitted by Tyler Durden (http://www.zerohedge.com/users/tyler-durden) on 02/08/2013 - 20:13 http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2013/02/20130208_ndaa_0.jpgThe NDAA lawsuit is one of the key topics we have written about over the past year or so. For those of you that aren’t up to speed, one of the most popular posts we ever wrote was NDAA: The Most Important Lawsuit in American History that No One is Talking About (http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2012/08/10/ndaa-the-most-important-lawsuit-in-american-history-that-no-one-is-talking-about/). Basically, Section 1021 of the NDAA allows for the indefinite detention of American citizens without charges or a trial. Journalist Chris Hedges and several others sued Obama on the grounds of it being unconstitutional. Judge Katherine Forrest agreed and issued an injunction on it. This was immediately appealed by the Obama Administration to a higher court, which promptly issued a temporary stay on the injunction. Yesterday, oral arguments began in front of this aforementioned higher court; the 2nd Circuit. As Chris Hedges states in the interview below, if they win the case then it will likely be brought in front of the Supreme Court within weeks. On the other hand, if the Obama Administration wins and the Supreme Court refuses to hear the appeal, Hedges states: “at that point we’ve just become a military dictatorship.”

mick silver
10th February 2013, 10:19 AM
Fear. Fear "they're" being found out. The controllers. The ones who dominated the world so seamlessly in the 20th century, and whose activities have been discovered in the 21st century. That's what the NDAA is all about, in our humble view.