PDA

View Full Version : United Police States of America-- This is disturbing

Korbin Dallas
21st December 2011, 08:45 AM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/20/local-cops-ready-for-war-with-homeland-security-funded-military-weapons.html

Local Cops Ready for War With Homeland Security-Funded Military Weapons
Dec 21, 2011 4:45 AM EST A decade of billions in spending in the name of homeland security has armed local police departments with military-style equipment and a new commando mentality. But has it gone too far? Andrew Becker and G.W. Schulz of the Center for Investigative Reporting report.

Nestled amid plains so flat the locals joke you can watch your dog run away for miles, Fargo treasures its placid lifestyle, seldom pierced by the mayhem and violence common in other urban communities. North Dakota’s largest city has averaged fewer than two homicides a year since 2005, and there’s not been a single international terrorism prosecution in the last decade.

But that hasn’t stopped authorities in Fargo and its surrounding county from going on an $8 million buying spree to arm police officers with the sort of gear once reserved only for soldiers fighting foreign wars.

Every city squad car is equipped today with a military-style assault rifle, and officers can don Kevlar helmets able to withstand incoming fire from battlefield-grade ammunition. And for that epic confrontation—if it ever occurs—officers can now summon a new $256,643 armored truck, complete with a rotating turret. For now, though, the menacing truck is used mostly for training and appearances at the annual city picnic, where it’s been parked near the children’s bounce house.

“Most people are so fascinated by it, because nothing happens here,” says Carol Archbold, a Fargo resident and criminal justice professor at North Dakota State University. “There’s no terrorism here.”

Like Fargo, thousands of other local police departments nationwide have been amassing stockpiles of military-style equipment in the name of homeland security, aided by more than $34 billion in federal grants since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, a Daily Beast investigation conducted by the Center for Investigative Reporting has found.

More at linky

Dogman
21st December 2011, 08:59 AM
That kind of stuff has been happening here for the last couple of years at most county sheriffs bases. Not so much for the small town cops except most now do have full auto assault rifles.

They are morphing from city police and county sheriff's deputy's into city paramilitary police and county sheriff's paramilitary police. Just all the more better to help them keep the "peace", and protect us from ourselves.

http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1908&stc=1&d=1324486680

Awoke
21st December 2011, 09:05 AM
Somehow that must be your fault, Dogman.

::)

Dogman
21st December 2011, 09:26 AM
My fault?

Nice, I was just saying that the same thing has been happening in my area. And the morphing from being a peace officer into a paramilitary police officer.

You guys are really trying, I spoke my feelings on the other thread, and am not trying to amp up the us against them thing that is forming on this forum.

I have liked and still do, I agree with you on many topics, but to a point.

What is happening now, can destroy this forum, or at the least drive off some very good and nice people.

And I thought this forum was all about freedom of speech for all here, and not the bigoted few.

Ponce
21st December 2011, 09:32 AM
Hey Pluto? don't be so sensitive, I don't know what the hell is going on here but it looks to me that Awoke is (for some reason) only kidding you..........

First chew ass of the day :) ............good morning to one and all.

Dogman
21st December 2011, 09:34 AM
Hey Pluto? don't be so sensitive, I don't know what the hell is going on here but it looks to me that Awoke is (for some reason) only kidding you..........

First chew ass of the day :) ............good morning to one and all.

Yea you may be right.

And if you were Awoke , just kidding , I DO APOLOGIZE TO YOU!

But my comments on what is happening on the forum still stands.

Joe King
21st December 2011, 09:38 AM
....the bigoted few.

Too funny!
...but true.

Ponce
21st December 2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks Pluto.......... I really don't pay to much attention to the "fights" here on the site because to me they are only letter on my monitor............so let's have it out in plain English and without and emotional outburst.......what is going on?

You first Pluto..........who are you blaming for what, looks to me that you have something against Awoke where any mispoken word is a good excuse (and not a reazon) to jump all over him..............over.

iOWNme
21st December 2011, 09:41 AM
Local Police have been Federalized slowly for the past 20 years, at least.

The dumb Communist GOONS love to play with the 'Military' toys, like a video game.

Yet they arent quite smart enough to see the overall picture: The demonization of all local Police; the idea that they cannot do their jobs correctly, so the Military will be brought in.

This is exactly how Military Dictatorships are set up incrementally.

The collapse of society (Which is orchestrated by the very same click) will be used to usher in 'Law and Order' to the people. Just like in Ancient Rome.

Dogman
21st December 2011, 09:50 AM
Local Police have been Federalized slowly for the past 20 years, at least.

The dumb Communist GOONS love to play with the 'Military' toys, like a video game.

Yet they arent quite smart enough to see the overall picture: The demonization of all local Police; the idea that they cannot do their jobs correctly, so the Military will be brought in.

This is exactly how Military Dictatorships are set up incrementally.

Yes I fully agree is is a very slow creeping thing over the years that took off like a scalded cat after 911. And has given the keys to the ones above, to lock down our freedoms and privacy more so everyday. And the dam shame is the very vast majority of people are law biding fokes.

So one can only assume that they plan to restrict us more in the future, They are arming and getting equipment for battle, and for against who? Us? This country will in time if this continues will become a total police state if they are not made to back down. Sure everyone is a terrorist and they need that equipment to fight them.

As we know that is so wrong in so many ways.

Ponce
21st December 2011, 09:56 AM
I trust more the Mexicans to go after the cops in California than whites.......even if they are not united by a cause they are united as a race............like the "Jews?".................there are parts of LA where the cops will not go in unless there are a minimun of five patrol cars, and pretty soon the big tank.

Joe King
21st December 2011, 10:05 AM
Yes I fully agree is is a very slow creeping thing over the years that took off like a scalded cat after 911. And has given the keys to the ones above, to lock down our freedoms and privacy more so everyday. And the dam shame is the very vast majority of people are law biding fokes.

So one can only assume that they plan to restrict us more in the future, They are arming and getting equipment for battle, and for against who? Us? This country will in time if this continues will become a total police state if they are not made to back down. Sure everyone is a terrorist and they need that equipment to fight them.

As we know that is so wrong in so many ways.Well, US citizens are in fact defined as enemies of the State and have been since 1933.
Would you not expect them to treat you as such? Just can't do it all at once, lest you notice as it's happening.

Dogman
21st December 2011, 10:06 AM
I trust more the Mexicans to go after the cops in California than whites.......even if they are not united by a cause they are united as a race............like the "Jews?".................there are parts of LA where the cops will not go in unless there are a minimun of five patrol cars, and pretty soon the big tank. Here the cops at almost every stop or call, will have all of the available units go as backup. Not uncommon to see 2-4 patrol cars at one stop or call location. Hell the cops here blew away a mentially impared man, that is well known, and everyone knows he would not harm anyone or thing.

And they got off Scot free. The knife he has was a box opener, he worked part time in the store in the picture.

http://www.kltv.com/story/15194742/shooting-reported

Awoke
21st December 2011, 10:09 AM
Hey Dogman, I totally was just kidding.

It was a a shot a Joelolo and Po bololo.

I have no beef with you Dogman.

Dogman
21st December 2011, 10:10 AM

I have no beef with you Dogman.

Thank you, with the shit going on I was not sure.

Peace

Dogman
21st December 2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks Pluto.......... I really don't pay to much attention to the "fights" here on the site because to me they are only letter on my monitor............so let's have it out in plain English and without and emotional outburst.......what is going on?

You first Pluto..........who are you blaming for what, looks to me that you have something against Awoke where any mispoken word is a good excuse (and not a reazon) to jump all over him..............over.

Old taco chaser! ;D

Post less and read more, in the gim , board discussion and general discussions.
Bunch of wadded up and too tight panties.

Joe King
21st December 2011, 10:16 AM

I have no beef with you Dogman.So why you shoot at him? Oh, I know. It's because he's thanked me? lol

As far as who's fault it is, it's the peoples fault for seeing it happen, but failing to say anything about it in any type of meaningful way.
People have been seeing this happen for decades, yet continued to support those who implimented the changes. So in that regard, yes, the people are getting what they've allowed to happen.

Problem is that those of us who care enough to say/do something are vastly outnumbered by those who don't.

Dogman
21st December 2011, 10:28 AM
So why you shoot at him? Oh, I know. It's because he's thanked me? lol

As far as who's fault it is, it's the peoples fault for seeing it happen, but failing to say anything about it in any type of meaningful way.
People have been seeing this happen for decades, yet continued to support those who implimented the changes. So in that regard, yes, the people are getting what they've allowed to happen.

Problem is that those of us who care enough to say/do something are vastly outnumbered by those who don't.

Now it has been at least one decade and counting, that the militarization of the nations police has really taken off.

Before that it was largely confined to the largest of city's, La calf for example when the police had their asses handed to them at that bank robbery. And other city's with history of racial conflict.

But small town/city's remained largely old school and not militarized much or at all.

Joe King
21st December 2011, 10:51 AM
Now it has been at least one decade and counting, that the militarization of the nations police has really taken off.

Before that it was largely confined to the largest of city's, La calf for example when the police had their asses handed to them at that bank robbery. And other city's with history of racial conflict.

But small town/city's remained largely old school and not militarized much or at all.Yep. Every journey starts with small steps, but the people still saw what was happening.
All that was cared about was that it was directed at people other than themselves who were depicted as somehow having less Rights than themselves.
Now that it's starting to be used against them, they seem to have started noticing.
Look how many thought RK got what he "deserved" in LA.

First they came for....

Awoke
21st December 2011, 10:53 AM
Somehow that must be your fault, Dogman.

::)

As far as who's fault it is, it's the peoples fault

Can I call'em or what?

Joe King
21st December 2011, 10:59 AM
Can I call'em or what?
The people saw what was happening and were ok with it 'til they themselves started being affected by it.
...then they cry foul.

Ponce
21st December 2011, 11:08 AM
Old taco chaser! ;D

Post less and read more, in the gim , board discussion and general discussions.
Bunch of wadded up and too tight panties.

I really don't know what is going on and I really don't care......but......I want to stop what is going on.....all that I see are lights in the sky as the nukes go off.

JDRock
21st December 2011, 11:59 AM
there heavy in north dakota to protect the oil assets....

gunDriller
21st December 2011, 01:21 PM

As we know that is so wrong in so many ways.

/\ What Dogman Said !!!