PDA

View Full Version : Is it too late to buy Gold and Silver ?

Twisted Titan
28th December 2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfOKK1M6-Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

madfranks
28th December 2011, 03:22 PM
With the dramatic drops lately in spot au/ag, obviously it's not too late to buy. I just wish I foresaw this major dip, I was buying silver in the $40s.

ximmy
28th December 2011, 03:28 PM
With the dramatic drops lately in spot au/ag, obviously it's not too late to buy. I just wish I foresaw this major dip, I was buying silver in the $40s.

you'll have an ear to ear grin when it's $140.00

Blink
28th December 2011, 03:52 PM
Since gold/silver is a hedge against currency devaluations and such. I just don't see a fix coming in yet, so, my answer would be keep buying. Just this morning I bought a 1 oz. pamp suisse gold and 4 ten ounce NTR silver bars. No regrets no remorse. Sure is shiny..........

LuckyStrike
28th December 2011, 05:06 PM

Psychology in investing is what I find the most fascinating. I was a buyer of paper silver at 40, and remember patting myself on the back for being so wise as to have started buying below 15. I vividly remember thinking if I could get silver below 30 again I'd take out a loan to buy a boatload, now that silver is well below 30 it all seems to be shown in a different light.

Like I said in another thread, I buy silver as something physical which I can hopefully pass on generations, I buy also to be my own central banker and back a portion of my paper wealth with a physical asset. I look at it likes this, all of my income comes in the form of paper currency, if things continue to erode there at least I will have some physical and some protection if I am wrong in betting on a continued erosion of purchasing power, if commodities are in a bubble and it turns out I know nothing about economics than I will thank God that I still get paid everyweek in paper.

Twisted Titan
28th December 2011, 10:59 PM
The investments and sacrifices we make today will protect our bloodline for at least three generations

Will anybody care that it was bought on a dip or a spike?