PDA

View Full Version : Head for the Son ~

Old Herb Lady
28th December 2011, 04:53 PM
My fave poem- for you all--I don't know who the author is. I posted this on GIM1 years ago but didn't save it in my files so I just typed this AGAIN !
Today's the first day I read it since way back in the day. I love this poem !
Hope you like it cuz I don't like to type ! Ha !

HEAD FOR THE SON

Eagles are fascinating creatures. There is something mysterious and majestic about an eagle as he gracefully soars through the air.
Far above the ground, he glides on airlifted wings, appearing not to have an enemy in the world.

However, the eagle does have enemies, as all of God's creatures, but the eagle has a very unusual way of dealing with them. An eagle is equipped with an extra set of eyelids that come from the sides of his eyes. When an enemy comes toward him, he rolls that set of eyelids over his eyes and heads toward the sun. The eyelids are a shield against the bright , blinding rays of the sun, similiar to a pair of thick sunglasses. The enemy is not blessed with this extra set of eyelids and cannot stand the blinding rays. He soon has to turn back. The eagle does not have to focus on or fight the enemy. Instead he simply heads for the sun.

Spiritually, you can defeat the enemy the same way the eagle defeats his. When the enemy comes after you, you don't have to fight either. After all, God says in His word, "The battle is not yours, but God's" 11Chronicles 20:15 So like the eagle , rather than focusing on your enemy or on what he is doing, you just turn your back on him and head for the SON.

You do this by getting in God's Word and by praying, you spend time alone with the Lord of Glory rather than by wasting it with the enemy, worrying and fretting and wringing your hands over what he is doing . He is not worth even a first thought, much less a second one. He was defeated 2000 years ago on Calvary by the son, so there's absolutely no need for you to acknowledge him or his doings in any way.
Just spend your time praising and worshipping the victor, the Son, not the defeated foe !

At first, the enemy will stay in hot pursuit, trying to frighten and harass you by his persistent, relentless attack. He will do everything he can to keep you out of the Word and off your knees.....because he knows he cannot follow you there. If you head for the Son, the enemy will have to turn back !

So today, why don't you take a lesson from the eagle ? Quit focusing on and fighting your enemy. Quit worrying and fretting and grumbling. Instead get in the Word of God, pray and praise the Lord of Glory ! Just turn your back on the enemy and head for the Son !