PDA

View Full Version : Do these work?

zap
30th December 2011, 04:01 PM
http://www.theflexbelt.com/

My Sil just called and said she ordered one of these, I can't wait til she gets it, cause if it works I'm getting one too !

ximmy
30th December 2011, 04:13 PM
only eating less works...

Dogman
30th December 2011, 04:27 PM

Edit: They work if you burn more calories than you eat! 8)

MNeagle
30th December 2011, 04:30 PM
Will work to lighten your wallet,

which will give you better posture!

wha-la!!

zap
30th December 2011, 04:42 PM
LOL, you know she does every fad diet out there, her last one was the HCG, tried to get me to do it with her(nope), I'm not quite sure what is was but she had to take some kinda drug under her tongue, and she only ate 500 calories a day, of course she lost wieght, she isn't that heavy but she is very short, 5 2" maybe, shes trying to lose some pounds for her upcoming vacation.

MNeagle
30th December 2011, 04:47 PM
Tell her No high fructose corn syrup.

That will eliminate about 95% of most people's food choices right there.

Old Herb Lady
30th December 2011, 04:52 PM
Ha Mn Eagle ! (about the wallet)

Zappy how bouts sit-ups, ab crunches or the exercise ball ?

zap
30th December 2011, 04:58 PM
HAHa She had been going to the gym with her daughter, like I said she always wants to try the latest fad.

I told her she should do my diet nope she won't, I will be starting it New Years Day, the only one that works for me, lean protein/ meat or just egg whites and veggies 6 times a day, no added fat or salt, no sugar or dairy, It falls off ,for me.
But I did clean the room out where the exercise station is so I will start on that too. Trying to get my ribs to stick out !!! hahhaha

madfranks
30th December 2011, 05:03 PM

Or exercising more...

ximmy
30th December 2011, 05:29 PM
Or exercising more...

NO... must eat less...

In episode seven of season 10, the Biggest Loser contestants are shipped off to Camp Pendleton for a week of boot camp workouts with the marines. The contestants suited up in camo, ran obstacle courses, and even crawled through the mud. However, they weren't just training like marines, they were eating like them too. The fatty and salty foods, like ham and sausage, took a toll and several of contestants saw weight gain after their time at boot camp.

Olmstein
30th December 2011, 05:30 PM
HAHa She had been going to the gym with her daughter, like I said she always wants to try the latest fad.

I told her she should do my diet nope she won't, I will be starting it New Years Day, the only one that works for me, lean protein/ meat or just egg whites and veggies 6 times a day, no added fat or salt, no sugar or dairy, It falls off ,for me.
But I did clean the room out where the exercise station is so I will start on that too. Trying to get my ribs to stick out !!! hahhaha

That is the only diet that has ever worked for me. It allows you to lose fat without losing muscle, plus I always had tons of energy. The downside is, even though you're eating every 3 hours, you're always hungry, and preparing all those meals is a lot of work.

Keep us updated on your progress, zap.

Dogman
30th December 2011, 05:33 PM
There is no way around this fact , if you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. Unless what you gain is water weight. As I understand it.

MNeagle
30th December 2011, 05:34 PM
The fat is needed to satiate your hunger.

BrewTech
30th December 2011, 07:34 PM

Wrong.

BrewTech
30th December 2011, 07:35 PM
There is no way around this fact , if you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight. Unless what you gain is water weight. As I understand it.

This is true, but the calories must be from actual food, not modern food substitutes.

BrewTech
30th December 2011, 07:40 PM
http://www.theflexbelt.com/

My Sil just called and said she ordered one of these, I can't wait til she gets it, cause if it works I'm getting one too !

Mrs. Brewtech uses this all the time!

Not.

Just the same, report back on the results, please.

zap
30th December 2011, 07:41 PM
I am trying to lose 15lbs, But for me that diet I mentioned is the only one that ever worked for me, other then the eat every other day diet, By body goes into starvation mode pretty quickly, protein keeps you full, I never get hungry I just eat cause its there or its time.

BrewTech
30th December 2011, 07:43 PM
I am trying to lose 15lbs, But for me that diet I mentioned is the only one that ever worked for me, other then the eat every other day diet, By body goes into starvation mode pretty quickly, protein keeps you full, I never get hungy I just eat cause its there or its time.

There is no such thing as a diet. Eat what nature has made available for millenia (as opposed to factory "food") , and stay physically active (which I think you do). Weight won't be a problem.

Dogman
30th December 2011, 07:44 PM
I am trying to lose 15lbs, But for me that diet I mentioned is the only one that ever worked for me, other then the eat every other day diet, By body goes into starvation mode pretty quickly, protein keeps you full, I never get hungry I just eat cause its there or its time. Get a baseball bat and chase your Mexicans, sure you can find a reason.

zap
30th December 2011, 07:51 PM
There is no such thing as a diet. Eat what nature has made available for millenia (as opposed to factory "food") , and stay physically active (which I think you do). Weight won't be a problem.

LOL you can just call me beef ! It has always been a problem. I run in circles all the time and don't eat shit food, I can gain weight just by looking at food. ;)

BrewTech
30th December 2011, 08:56 PM
LOL you can just call me beef ! It has always been a problem. I run in circles all the time and don't eat shit food, I can gain weight just by looking at food. ;)

You've said you don't eat. Try eating the food instead of looking at it?

Mrs. Brewtech is pretty knowledgeable on this particular subject... it is, for all intents and purposes, a religion to her.

Eating is a pretty deliberate activity. It's usually the people that don't take it seriously enough that have weight issues. I'm lucky because she makes all my food for me. I just eat whatever she makes me and I seem to do OK.

I'm sorry, I'm probably not helping much...

Dogman
30th December 2011, 09:06 PM

You've said you don't eat. Try eating the food instead of looking at it?

Mrs. Brewtech is pretty knowledgeable on this particular subject... it is, for all intents and purposes, a religion to her.

Eating is a pretty deliberate activity. It's usually the people that don't take it seriously enough that have weight issues. I'm lucky because she makes all my food for me. I just eat whatever she makes me and I seem to do OK.

I'm sorry, I'm probably not helping much...

It depends on what is ate, protein is still calories, a person female or male will burn so many calories a day to do what they do.

If they eat more or drink more, calories than they burn, they gain weight..

Simple!

The hell is in the details because we all think we are all unique as people we are, but physics
we are all alike.

Love this kind of kiddy shit..

zap
30th December 2011, 09:08 PM
LOl Brew ! After I had the baby I got on the treadmill 3 times a week for 1 hour and I worked my ass off holding on as I climbed and ran like a fool, (sweated like a pig) maybe lost 25 lbs in a year,and didn't watch what I ate, but didn't go crazy either. Oh by the way I was 260 right before she was born, a fat bastard I was, then the next year he found a diet on tv Michael Thurman, which is the one I was talking about, We both got on that and I stopped the treadmill and lost 40 lbs.

So now everyone can know how fat I am, LOL When I went to the meet up for the mystery tour I was 196. I am 5'11 , I should be 175 thats what all the books say. Maybe Mrs Brewtech can weigh in with some wisdom.

BrewTech
30th December 2011, 09:10 PM
LOl Brew ! After I had the baby I got on the treadmill 3 times a week for 1 hour and I worked my ass off holding on as I climbed and ran like a fool, (sweated like a pig) maybe lost 25 lbs in a year,and didn't watch what I ate, but didn't go crazy either. Oh by the way I was 260 right before she was born, a fat bastard I was, then the next year he found a diet on tv Michael Thurman, which is the one I was talking about, We both got on that and I stopped the treadmill and lost 40 lbs.

So now everyone can know how fat I am, LOL When I went to the meet up for he mystery tour I was 196. I am 5'11 , I should be 175 thats what all the books say. Maybe Mrs Brewtech can weigh in with some wisdom.

I'll ask her, but it will have to be in the morning...

Dogman
30th December 2011, 09:13 PM

So now everyone can know how fat I am, LOL When I went to the meet up for the mystery tour I was 196. I am 5'11 , I should be 175 thats what all the books say. Maybe Mrs Brewtech can weigh in with some wisdom. More to lover and like..

Still hold to my statements made.

You are 6'- what,, that counts. So what you may be taller and bigger than the ones around you , and make you feel the way you dol

The major thing is for for your frame and build are you healthy???????

That is what you need to be following...

My friend.

zap
30th December 2011, 09:18 PM
Nope the book says I should be 175.

Dogman
30th December 2011, 09:29 PM
Nope the book says I should be 175. Screw the dam %$$#@!**())^%$# fucking book! That is a total bull shit that is for normal person and no one fits that by the way the study's are..

zap
30th December 2011, 09:37 PM
LOL dog, I hope her belt works and I will get one too ! The books say I should be 175 and dammit I will be !

Dogman
30th December 2011, 09:54 PM
LOL dog, I hope her belt works and I will get one too ! The books say I should be 175 and dammit I will be !

I hate this but it is true...

simple as is as what is what simple does..

That is deep!

solid
30th December 2011, 10:12 PM
Zap, I would strongly suggest not putting a certain weight as your target goal. We are all built differently. According to the book, I should be around 170 or so, I'm aroundd 190, but feel great. It's more about how you feel, than anything.

The advise about eating less, or not eating, etc. Brewtech is right, it's all about what you eat, that makes the difference. I've mentioned this before, but the body 'saves' what it doesn't get enough of. If you don't eat enough food, the body saves in the form of fat, to accommodate for that. All those low fat diets are a bunch of BS. If you cut out fats, you body will store fat.

Our bodies are preppers, by design. Don't drink enough water? You'll start storing water weight.

I'd be leery of this belt, but let us know if it helps. Lot's of gimmicks out there, quick fixes, they advertise. Running on a treadmill will burn calories while you run, build muscle, and you'll burn calories 24 hours out of the day, even while you sleep.

Ms. Brewtech is a fitness expert. I think what Brewtech posts has a lot truth to it.

zap
30th December 2011, 10:18 PM
Zap, I would strongly suggest not putting a certain weight as your target goal. We are all built differently. According to the book, I should be around 170 or so, I'm aroundd 190, but feel great. It's more about how you feel, than anything.

The advise about eating less, or not eating, etc. Brewtech is right, it's all about what you eat, that makes the difference. I've mentioned this before, but the body 'saves' what it doesn't get enough of. If you don't eat enough food, the body saves in the form of fat, to accommodate for that. All those low fat diets are a bunch of BS. If you cut out fats, you body will store fat.

Our bodies are preppers, by design. Don't drink enough water? You'll start storing water weight.

I'd be leery of this belt, but let us know if it helps. Lot's of gimmicks out there, quick fixes, they advertise. Running on a treadmill will burn calories while you run, build muscle, and you'll burn calories 24 hours out of the day, even while you sleep.

Ms. Brewtech is a fitness expert. I think what Brewtech posts has a lot truth to it.

Well I am not going to pay $200 for a belt, I will let Sil pay and see if it works for her, and if it does I will get one.

See thats just it I ran my ass off and only lost 25 lbs, I used the Thurman diet and lost 40 with out ripping my knees off.

I am hoping Mrs Brewtech has some sensible advise for me.

solid
30th December 2011, 10:25 PM
See thats just it I ran my ass off and only lost 25 lbs, I used the Thurman diet and lost 40 with out ripping my knees off..

Zap, do you have a link to the Thurman diet that we can look at? If this diet worked for you in the past, it may be good diet, that fits your body type.

Also, I was at the gym today and saw a gal doing deadlifts. :) I am a firm believer in compound exercises, for both men and women, as they stimulate the CNS to grow and build muscle. Building muscle is the BEST way to burn calories. Combine that with a good healthy diet, and that's just great advise anyone can use, imo.

zap
30th December 2011, 10:33 PM
www.mybodymakeover.com

Here you go Solid, I don't remember how much it was, but it actually worked, and does work for me , I just get tired of eating all the time. I don't know if it shows the different diets, for me it was 6 meals a day low sugar fruit (ie strawberries, grapefruit cantalope, and protein in the am,( mostly chicken or turkey) and protien/veggies after noon.

Joe King
30th December 2011, 11:32 PM
Well I am not going to pay $200 for a belt, I will let Sil pay and see if it works for her, and if it does I will get one.

See thats just it I ran my ass off and only lost 25 lbs, I used the Thurman diet and lost 40 with out ripping my knees off.

That's because you're a woman. For you to lose weight, it's best to sneak up on it rather than to hit it hard and head-on like running your ass off would be doing.

By sneaking up on it, I mean to do low intensity exercise that isn't really exercise at all, so as not to trigger your bodys natural response to replace those extra calories burned.
ie what happens when women do high intensity exercise is that the body produces substances that drive the urge to eat and replace those calories you just used.

Also, don't eat just because the clock says it's a certain time. Eat when you are hungry. Do you go to the bathroom when you don't have to? Do you sleep when you aren't tired? So don't eat if your body doesn't tell you it needs to. Within reason, of course. ie don't starve yourself, either.

Dogman
31st December 2011, 12:13 AM
That's because you're a woman. For you to lose weight, it's best to sneak up on it rather than to hit it hard and head-on like running your ass off would be doing.

By sneaking up on it, I mean to do low intensity exercise that isn't really exercise at all, so as not to trigger your bodys natural response to replace those extra calories burned.
ie what happens when women do high intensity exercise is that the body produces substances that drive the urge to eat and replace those calories you just used.

Also, don't eat just because the clock says it's a certain time. Eat when you are hungry. Do you go to the bathroom when you don't have to? Do you sleep when you aren't tired? So don't eat if your body doesn't tell you it needs to. Within reason, of course. ie don't starve yourself, either. I have never yet met a woman that was happy with what god gave them, tits too big or small , ass same, etc etc.

Best to love them as is and CONVINCE them of the fact they are perfect in your eyes.

Bunch of shit but true..call it inter-gender politics.

But remember , she is always right..

Gag

muffin
31st December 2011, 08:20 AM
I have never yet met a woman that was happy with what god gave them, tits too big or small , ass same, etc etc.

Best to love them as is and CONVINCE them of the fact they are perfect in your eyes.

Bunch of shit but true..call it inter-gender politics.

But remember , she is always right..

Gag

Yes, it does suck that us women are our own worst critics. And you should keep telling us that we are beautiful no matter what. BUT we need to be happy (or at least mostly happy) with ourselves. I guess it's easier for men. They're not concerned about looking perfect. It kills me that men can even be cute with little bellies or flat butts....