PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Iowa caucus?

AndreaGail
2nd January 2012, 05:47 PM
*and remember whoever wins might not be the one receiving the most votes...

midnight rambler
2nd January 2012, 05:51 PM
"It's not who votes that counts, but who counts the votes." --'Uncle Joe' Stalin

madfranks
2nd January 2012, 06:27 PM
I'm actually kind of amazed; my local paper ran a story on the Iowa caucus, and their front page, first candidate mentioned was Ron Paul. All the rest were behind him, even Newt and Romney. I'm praying hard for RP tomorrow, this may be our last chance as a nation.

midnight rambler
2nd January 2012, 06:35 PM
Regarding your poll: do you mean who will win it for real, or who will *appear* to 'win' it?

AndreaGail
2nd January 2012, 06:36 PM
Regarding your poll: do you mean who will win it for real, or who will *appear* to 'win' it?

appear...should have been more clear about that

General of Darkness
2nd January 2012, 06:37 PM
I voted RP, but I suspect there's going to be some shenanigans.

midnight rambler
2nd January 2012, 06:46 PM
Checking my crystal ball here...I'm seeing...Mittens...Frothy...Dr. Paul...in that order.

madfranks
2nd January 2012, 07:10 PM
I think RP is going to win tomorrow; miracles have happened before and I have faith that one will happen tomorrow.

monty
2nd January 2012, 09:39 PM
More important than who wins the vote is who gets the most delegates to the state convention elected!

EE_
2nd January 2012, 09:59 PM
I voted Mitt...I'd rather be pleasantly surprised then mad we lost.
With all the millions spent by candidates bashing each other, I think the bashing by Fox Zionist news has had the greatest effect. The Iowians have their heads all swollen with pride thinking they represent the entire country, that they are glued to Fox thinking "look at us, we are so important! We'd better make the right choice so we can be important in the next election too"...and get the revenue.

Sparky
3rd January 2012, 08:29 AM
I'm one of the Romney votes. I would love to see Ron Paul win just to see the media squirm for a week. But I think he'll lose by a few points, and it will get spun as him not meeting expectations, treated as a fading "flash in the pan", and further allowing him to be marginalized and disregarded. Freakin' media.

Libertytree
3rd January 2012, 09:05 AM
Of course I voted Ron Paul!

I'd love to see a landslide Paul win but would take a close 1st place finish too ;)

The good thing is, is that this isn't the whole shootin' match just the 1st volley and we still got a long haul to the finish line so even a 2cnd place finish is acceptable to me. I think it's also acceptable to the campaign.

A double digit win though is something I'm seriously hoping for, talk about a way to start this election process out! Heading into NH with that kind of momentum, showing the folks in NH that the good doctor is indeed electable.

chad
3rd January 2012, 09:23 AM
just talked to my mom. my whole family there is voting romney. they see him as the only person capable of beating obama. ron paul is insane because fox news told them we'd all be attacked by terrorists again if he won. they can't chance it.