PDA

View Full Version : The tragedy of tens of thousands living in 6ft by 2ft rabbit hutches .

Ponce
11th January 2012, 10:33 AM
After looking at all this pictures I am ashame of what I have, while I worry about having food for the next seven years all this people are worried about their everyday food and where I have spares rooms full of preps here you have them living 20 to a room and living in CAGES.
================================================== =

Cage dogs of Hong Kong: The tragedy of tens of thousands living in 6ft by 2ft rabbit hutches - in a city with more Louis Vuitton shops than ParisBy Damien Gayle

Last updated at 3:16 PM on 11th January 2012

Comments (269) Share

Hong Kong, one of the world's richest cities, is abuzz with a luxury property boom that has seen homes exchanged for record sums.
But the wealth of the city has a darker side, with tens of thousands priced out of housing altogether and forced to live in the most degrading conditions.
These pictures by British photographer Brian Cassey capture the misery of people - some estimates put the figure as high as 100,000 - who are forced to live in cages measuring just 6ft by 2 1/2ft.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2084971/Hong-Kongs-cage-homes-Tens-thousands-living-6ft-2ft-rabbit-hutches.html#ixzz1jAE39xBI

TheNocturnalEgyptian
11th January 2012, 10:56 AM
At a certain point, I would rather just live outdoors exposed to the elements.

StreetsOfGold
11th January 2012, 11:29 AM
all this people are worried about their everyday food ...... here you have them living 20 to a room and living in CAGES.

Matthew 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Luke 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

ximmy
11th January 2012, 11:30 AM
Matthew 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Luke 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

Oh good... all is better now... ::)

chad
11th January 2012, 11:52 AM
streetsofgold isn't a real person, it's just a bible quote generator bot. it also has a subroutine whereby it sometimes switches to catholic church bashing for a post or two. that's all it ever does. i wouldn't take it personally, ximmy.

agnut
11th January 2012, 01:14 PM
Good catch Ponce. I hard copied the article to show to others; it was shocking to see such human misery. Sometimes it takes this type of article to remind us of all the blessings we take for granted. And with this knowledge perhaps we should think long and hard about what we will do when a deep crisis happens. I’m thinking of the collapse of the currency in which fiat currency is no longer accepted, thus stopping the normal food buying which we take for granted.

Will we be willing to help others ?

Who will we help ? The Children first ? The mothers next ? The fathers last ?

With helping others, we know how soon our resources will vanish in a short period of time.

Should we stock up more preps in anticipation of helping others ? And with what money ?

For you see, no matter how much extra preps we stockpile, we will still run out in feeding the hungry masses.

All of the above I have been wrestling with for several years.

Are we our brothers’ keepers ? And to what extent will we be willing to help them ? Until we ourselves run out of food ?

My older son has been studying local mushrooms and which are edible. The Russian citizens went into the woods and gathered mushrooms and preserved them when their economy collapsed. We also have books about local edible plants and what they are good for. With these books we could educate others on how to forage around for their needs, at least as a supplement to what other foods they could procure.

I just don’t have the answer at this time but I do know I will be helping others as much as possible. Another 700 pounds of rice might be a good idea while it is still available. And lots of dried beans too. I already have the propane stoves for cooking large quantities outside. Will we become the local “soup kitchen “ ? I dunno.

With only 3 days of food in the United States’ supermarkets it is only a matter of days until the shelves are bare. And probably hours if the public were to get a wind of what was about to happen. I should mention also that the average household has about $50 in cash. With banks shut down and the markets possibly refusing to sell we have an explosive situation.

Lately I have been considering the possibility of helping a limited number of families and having them protect our preps. Also to not tell others what we have. This has some obvious pitfalls however.

Another possibility would be to allocate portions to others that they can take home so that the foods would be in several locations at the same time.

The only other option would be to become a sort of fortress manned by several fathers who know the importance of having food for their families. Lots of ex military and hunters in my neck of the woods. I know several. Of course, the ultimate would be to have Ponce staying with us. I can think of no one I would rather have covering my back.

It has been posted on the internet that we citizens could be considered terrorists if we have a gun and over 7 days of food stored away. And missing a finger ? The last sounds crazy I know. But can you see that we are not to have food for an extended period of time and therefore at the mercy of those in power ? This all seems to tie in with a future collapse with an engineered outcome of those in power remaining in power. Otherwise, why even bring up the citizens’ storing away more that a mere 7 days food ? Looks like a setup to me.

To put it in proper perspective, imagine that there are only 50 humans on earth. If one or two of them were to come to you and be in desperate need, would you help them ? Of course you would. So what is the difference in helping others within a highly populated world ? Not much except what fears are going on in our minds. In either a world with 50 souls or 7 billion souls, we still are our brothers’ keepers.

There is no easy solution and we will have to look deeply into our own souls to determine how we will behave. I may help others until I am as deficient as they are but would I want to go on living while others around me are starving to death ?

Admittedly, there are several ways the house of cards may fall. But I believe that it is vitally important that we ponder future scenarios and how we will handle them.

It would be too idealistic to believe that we could put away food for others and not expect that our own preps will not also be exhausted in short order. Question is, just how deep is our charity for our fellow man ?

And let’s not rationalize our stance by saying that others will get what they deserve and we should not share with them. I know I am blessed by what I have learned and been able to do in preparing. But I also know that there are many who have not gotten the message or are not capable of preparing. Will we write them off as being “useless eaters” ?

We can devolve down from 7 billion souls to the 500 million souls by a world catastrophe. The powers that be are reputedly working to this goal; massive depopulation. At least, that is what I read from time to time on the internet. This is not important since we deal with each other on a one to one basis. Will we help our neighbor or friend with true charity ?

Just a note that we will be tested in a long lasting crisis. If we call ourselves true Christians, we should walk the walk and not just the talk. My contention has always been that we are our brothers’ keepers. And I will not stand by watching others starve while I have food I could give them, even if it means that I too will be without food in short order.

Your thoughts ?

Best wishes,

Agnut

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
*2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
*3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
*4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
*5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
*6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
*7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
*8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
*9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
*10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
*11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
*12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
*13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13

1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
*2That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
*3For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
*4Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:
*5Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
*6For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
*7But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
*8And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
*9Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
*10As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
*11If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
*12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
*13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
*14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
*15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
*16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
*17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
*18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
*19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
1 Peter 4

chad
11th January 2012, 01:17 PM
Lately I have been considering the possibility of helping a limited number of families and having them protect our preps. Also to not tell others what we have. This has some obvious pitfalls however.

i admire you for your compassion, but you'll be dead after their kids are hungry for 2-3 days.

Serpo
11th January 2012, 01:30 PM
I remember these living conditions from Hong Kong decades ago.................

ximmy
11th January 2012, 01:33 PM
I remember these living conditions from Hong Kong decades ago.................

yeah, that one guy said he has been there 30 years... eek!

brosil
11th January 2012, 02:52 PM
Do people in Calcutta, India envy them?

hoarder
11th January 2012, 04:04 PM
I can't imagine paying $200 a month for a cage and another $200 a month for cigarettes. He ain't starving. Something is wong.