PDA

View Full Version : Online purchase survey

Sparky
12th January 2012, 09:23 PM
So get this: I went online to purchase an article of clothing, and agreed to answer their customer service survey at the end. It was maybe 25 questions long. But this was the first question:

On a scale of 1 (Strongly Disagree) to 6 (Strongly Agree), please indicate how much you agree or disagree with the following statement:

"I have little to expect from the future."

WTF?!?

freespirit
12th January 2012, 09:28 PM
So get this: I went online to purchase an article of clothing, and agreed to answer their customer service survey at the end. It was maybe 25 questions long. But this was the first question:

On a scale of 1 (Strongly Disagree) to 6 (Strongly Agree), please indicate how much you agree or disagree with the following statement:

WTF?!?

what the hell were you ordering? a straight jacket?? lol

Sparky
12th January 2012, 10:47 PM
I know, right? Totally off the wall!

StreetsOfGold
12th January 2012, 11:50 PM
consider the mind behind the question. Who would want to know this??

JJ.G0ldD0t
13th January 2012, 03:47 AM

ROFL

Rimshot!

MNeagle
13th January 2012, 07:26 AM
I'm curious if you took the survey after that or not!?

BrewTech
13th January 2012, 07:28 AM
I think someone went rogue in the "survey-question writing" department. Must have gotten word he was going to be laid off or something...

mamboni
13th January 2012, 08:16 AM

WTF?!?

One week later, Sparky received package with product insert: "Thank you for purchase of DELUXE BULLET PROOF VEST - SMOKING JACKET COMBO. We hope you happy many years. Jacket will prevent death from bullets and many years of tobacco you will enjoy."

Sparky
13th January 2012, 08:20 AM
I'm curious if you took the survey after that or not!?
Yes, because I did have some important criticism for them. But I answered some questions with "Prefer not to answer".

Old Herb Lady
13th January 2012, 08:23 AM
Online surveys are invented by the TPTB & big corporations to see what the sheep are doing, how much they know, and how do they feel about it
so that they can see what they need to do to keep da people inline with what they want them to do, know & feel !

k-os
13th January 2012, 09:04 AM
I think someone went rogue in the "survey-question writing" department. Must have gotten word he was going to be laid off or something...

This is my guess as well. I've seen it a few times in my field of work. Usually it's just to prove no one is paying attention/no one cares, or it's a reflection of their anger at being tasked to do something meaningless. It could also be a test question (added during testing) that someone forgot to remove. When I do testing of my applications, I put my dogs names in for people, and stupid stuff like that.

Sparky
13th January 2012, 10:13 AM
This is my guess as well. I've seen it a few times in my field of work. Usually it's just to prove no one is paying attention/no one cares, or it's a reflection of their anger at being tasked to do something meaningless. It could also be a test question (added during testing) that someone forgot to remove. When I do testing of my applications, I put my dogs names in for people, and stupid stuff like that.

No, I don't think so, because there were several of these seemingly "out-of-place" questions, and you usually don't do this type of thing with the first question. Another question asked something like: "Agree or Disagree with this statement: I am comfortable making a decision when information is uncertain or vague."

k-os
13th January 2012, 11:03 AM
No, I don't think so, because there were several of these seemingly "out-of-place" questions, and you usually don't do this type of thing with the first question. Another question asked something like: "Agree or Disagree with this statement: I am comfortable making a decision when information is uncertain or vague."

Oh, sorry, I missed the part where it was the first question. Particularly in combination, those are weird questions.

Buddha
13th January 2012, 12:20 PM
Online surveys are invented by the TPTB & big corporations to see what the sheep are doing, how much they know, and how do they feel about it
so that they can see what they need to do to keep da people inline with what they want them to do, know & feel !

I strongly agree.