PDA

View Full Version : If you don't want to cry DO NOT WATCH THIS

General of Darkness
13th January 2012, 04:29 PM
And people have the fricken balls to say to me, "You love your dogs more than humans don't you". I guess they just don't understand the bond you can build with a dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zv7UGs8pRg

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 05:36 PM
On another note, the story of Greyfriar's Bobby turns out to be a hoax - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021906/Greyfriars-Bobby-hoax-Dog-kept-vigil-masters-grave-publicity-stunt.html

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 05:38 PM
This is presented as a true story - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shep_%28American_dog%29

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 05:40 PM
As is this one - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

General of Darkness
13th January 2012, 05:43 PM
MR why are you posting those stories?

Osiris
13th January 2012, 05:43 PM
I would ask for the link, but given the title I don't think I want to watch..... I don't even want to imagine.

osoab
13th January 2012, 05:45 PM
I would ask for the link, but given the title I don't think I want to watch..... I don't even want to imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zv7UGs8pRg&feature=player_embedded

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 05:45 PM
MR why are you posting those stories?

'Cause they're germane to the OP...?

It was disappointing to find out the one about Greyfriar's Bobby was a hoax (although something didn't sit right with me regarding that one), but the other two I posted links for appear to be genuine.

osoab
13th January 2012, 05:46 PM

I don't mean to snoop, but all of your posts have dealt with dogs.

General of Darkness
13th January 2012, 05:53 PM
'Cause they're germane to the OP...?

It was disappointing to find out the one about Greyfriar's Bobby was a hoax (although something didn't sit right with me regarding that one), but the other two I posted links for appear to be genuine.

Well I didn't care for reading a hoax. It only serves to undermine the relationship that some of us have with our dogs.

EE_
13th January 2012, 06:02 PM
I've been in discussions with people that have referred to dogs as "they're only f-n dogs."
My reply to people that discount dogs this way, I tell them hypothetically "if I were forced to choose between sparing the life of you or my dog, guess which one gets spared?"
They can't believe I would choose my dog over a human life.
I don't even have to think about that decision.

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 06:18 PM
Well I didn't care for reading a hoax.I hate being sucked in by a hoax.

Besides, I posted two warm, fuzzy stories to make up for the cold, prickly one. lol

BabushkaLady
13th January 2012, 06:34 PM
That's why they're called man's best friend!

EE_
13th January 2012, 06:38 PM
Their name is spelled backwards to keep you guessing.

StreetsOfGold
13th January 2012, 07:29 PM
First off, I have a dog and treat him very well. There's a verse every dog owner should have memorized
Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

However, don't be fooled by the "loyalty" bit. A dog will be loyal to the hand that feeds him and primarily for this reason.

I have confirmed this with dog keepers and trainers. If you have any doubt don't feed your dog and see what happens. Given enough time and circumstances your dog will eat you.

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 07:35 PM
Given enough time and circumstances your dog will eat you. I'm guessing you really don't have that much experience with dogs.

Certainly not while you're alive, perhaps after you've passed and abandoned your corporal body - THEN *maybe* 'your' dog 'might' eat your flesh. Most dogs will love you until the bitter end, even if that includes them starving to death (so long as you remain loving to them).

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 07:57 PM
However, don't be fooled by the "loyalty" bit. A dog will be loyal to the hand that feeds him and primarily for this reason.
I should add that your assertion regarding a dog's 'loyalty' is pure horse hockey. When I was about 10 or 11 our family got an English Shepherd shipped to us as a puppy from an English Shepherd breeder. Laddie was a great dog. After much turmoil in our family my widowed father remarried and moved from the farm into the city. I remained on the farm with Laddie. I didn't formally train Laddie, but he had routine things he would do on command. I got pulled off the farm (literally kicking and screaming) and stuck in the city living with my father and my wicked stepmother. Laddie got dropped off with my evil stepmother's parents at their place in the country (my evil stepmother had a place for her miniature Schnauzers at our house, but not for Laddie). When I went off to college and points beyond Laddie was finally brought into town to live with my father and wicked stepmother in another house with a larger backyard. This is where Laddie was further isolated. Sure, he was fed and watered, but he essentially got ZERO affection. I came back to visit for Christmas and found Laddie 'abandoned' in the backyard. In his old age Laddie was overjoyed to see me after not seeing me for years. He IMMEDIATELY began doing his repertoire of the things I had taught him, and as he did my heart was broken since I knew that he didn't have anyone loving him at the end of his life (I cried as I typed this).

So with respect to your assertion about a dog's loyalty you apparently don't know shit from fried lettuce.

StreetsOfGold
13th January 2012, 08:00 PM
I'm guessing you really don't have that much experience with dogs.

Certainly not while you're alive, perhaps after you've passed and abandoned your corporal body - THEN *maybe* 'your' dog 'might' eat your flesh. Most dogs will love you until the bitter end, even if that includes them starving to death (so long as you remain FEEDING them).

Fixed it for you

midnight rambler
13th January 2012, 08:01 PM
Fixed it for you

IMO it's obvious you're both clueless and full of shit on this matter.

mamboni
13th January 2012, 08:11 PM
First off, I have a dog and treat him very well. There's a verse every dog owner should have memorized
Proverbs 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

I have confirmed this with dog keepers and trainers. If you have any doubt don't feed your dog and see what happens. Given enough time and circumstances your dog will eat you.

This is true of your wife or girlfriend too.;D

Bildo
13th January 2012, 10:00 PM
There is not a doubt in my mind that my dogs would starve before eating my corpse.

osoab
14th January 2012, 04:04 AM

The same could be said for most men and women.

Twisted Titan
14th January 2012, 04:34 AM
Wtshtf .......I would rather Fido guarding my six ...then anyone else.

I know what motivates them.Love.companionship and food

can you be certain what motivates another person?

Hatha Sunahara
14th January 2012, 09:48 AM
Gordon Gekko was right: "If you want a friend, get a dog."

Hatha

Osiris
14th January 2012, 02:43 PM
I don't mean to snoop, but all of your posts have dealt with dogs.

No problem! Dogs are my passion (especially mine) and a subject I have a lot of knowledge on, and therefore feel conformable contributing on the subject. Other stuff on here I know much less and just learn from.....

Didn't make it more than 25 seconds through the video! I cry thinking of how he/she must feel, and of course relate to what my dog would think. Confused, lost, etc. I understand you can't put human emotion on a dog (reason, etc), but to think they don't remember you or love you or are loyal to you only because you care for them or feed them is ridiculous. If my dog was stolen or lost and picked up by another family that treated him well I have no doubt he could be happy but to say he wouldn't know me if I showed up or ran into him on the street is ridiculous.

I think my dog might eat me if I was dead and I would want him to in order to survive if that is what was necessary.

Neuro
15th January 2012, 04:40 PM
Dogs remain loyal to it's owner, to the end, regardless if you can feed it or not...