PDA

View Full Version : "Little Ice Age" - Applied Physics Review

jetgraphics
4th February 2012, 03:23 AM
Anthropogenic Global Warmists are alarmed for the wrong reasons - we are heading into a "Little Ice Age"

From a Russian scientific paper published in APPLIED PHYSICS RESEARCH, this February - - -
http://icecap.us/images/uploads/abduss_APR.pdf
<> Bicentennial Decrease of the Total Solar Irradiance Leads to Unbalanced Thermal Budget of the Earth and the Little Ice Age <>
"From early 1990s the values of both eleven-year and bicentennial components of total solar irradiance (TSI) variations are decreasing at accelerating (at present) rate, and hence a fraction of TSI absorbed by the Earth is declining at practically the same rate....
the Earth as a planet will henceforward have negative balance (E<0) in the energy budget. This gradual consumption of solar energy accumulated by the World Ocean during the whole XX century will result in decrease of global temperature after 14±6 years because of a negative balance in the energy budget of the Earth. This, in its turn, will lead to ... a Little Ice Age in 2055±11."
======================================

Summed up - our yellow dwarf star is a wee bit variable in its output, and due to the ocean, the immediate effect is delayed, but the end result of the decrease in total solar irradiance is chilling.

Neuro
4th February 2012, 06:13 AM
Just read the article. I think he is most likely correct in his assertions. Seems reasonable that there is a delay of temperature cooling for a decade or two from the onset of low solar activity due to heat storage in oceans, atmosphere and land mass. So accordingly we will start seeing cooling around 2014, it becoming noticeably cooler around 2020-2025, and the minimum occurring around 2055, unless this is it, and the intermittent warm period, actually is over, and it just continues to an iceage, in that case maybe most of Scandinavia, Canada and Russia will be permafrozen by 2100 or so?

A Maunder type minimum is most certain though. Plant hardy fruit trees and bushes to prepare. Don't plant things that currently is at the limit of your climatic zone... Further climate will become dryer!

Heimdhal
4th February 2012, 06:23 AM
Hell, this will only make planting here better. I'll actualy be able to get some lettuce out of my garden for more than a 1 week window before bolting! And no, you guys up north cant move down here and go swimming during the mini-ice age. Sorry. Itll probably be overrrun by canadians anyways........

Neuro
5th February 2012, 06:30 AM
I see alot of thirdworlders frozen into glacier ice in Sweden...

Horn
5th February 2012, 12:51 PM
A Maunder type minimum is most certain though.

Even with recent advances in genetic argo-biz, the impact on the global food supply could be more immediate than 2020, and something nobody would like to see.

Neuro
5th February 2012, 01:00 PM
Even with recent advances in genetic argo-biz, the impact on the global food supply could be more immediate than 2020, and something nobody would like to see.

I would think that the necessary population adjustment for an ice age climate would occur way before the actual ice age occurs, let global temperature drop a couple of degrees, and the 99% will fight til 9% remains!

Horn
5th February 2012, 01:08 PM
The only solution might be to do away with catalytic converters, and go back to leaded fuel...

Thank God for global warming.

Neuro
5th February 2012, 01:14 PM
Painting the arctic black may work!

Horn
5th February 2012, 01:24 PM
Painting the arctic black may work!

A refrigerator for every Chinaman, please...

We need to rip bigger holes in the ozone layer, pronto...