PDA

View Full Version : LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches

General of Darkness
9th February 2012, 06:54 AM
This is all about MONEY. The comments are great.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/la-county-oks-1000-fine-for-throwing-football-frisbee-on-beaches/
LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches

February 8, 2012 2:27 PM

Share this 3.1K (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/la-county-oks-1000-fine-for-throwing-football-frisbee-on-beaches/#)
570 comments (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/la-county-oks-1000-fine-for-throwing-football-frisbee-on-beaches/#comments)

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.
The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/la-county-oks-1000-fine-for-throwing-football-frisbee-on-beaches/#) or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

In passing the 37-page ordinance (http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/beach.pdf) on Tuesday, officials sought to outline responsibilities for law enforcement and other public agencies while also providing clarification on beach-goer activities that could potentially disrupt or even injure the public.

The updated rules now prohibit “any person to cast, toss, throw, kick or roll” any object other than a beach ball or volleyball “upon or over any beach” between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Exceptions allow for ball-throwing in predesignated areas, when a person obtains a permit ($$$$$), or playing water polo “in or over the Pacific Ocean”.

However, during the winter off-season, the new rules will be relaxed.
Officials warned that any activities that could potentially harm “any person or property on or near the beach” should not be allowed during the peak summer season.

Your kids could also end up costing you big bucks: the ordinance also prohibits digging any hole deeper than 18 inches into the sand except where permission is granted for film and TV production services only. ($$$$$)

mamboni
9th February 2012, 07:09 AM
America is becoming "Manhattanized." When my wife and I lived in Manhattan as newlyweds, one observed it to be a great town with lots to do.....if you had a lot of money to pay for it all!!!!

How long will it be before we are required to wear metered breathing monitors to charge us for every cubic foot of air be breath?

osoab
9th February 2012, 07:19 AM
How long will it be before we are required to wear metered breathing monitors to charge us for every cubic foot of air be breath?

Quit giving them more suggestions for revenue sources.

EE_
9th February 2012, 08:10 AM
While you guys are busy worring about throwing a stinking football or frisbee on some ol beach...one of LA's great ones is broke. Very sad. Too bad he didn't know about GS.US...he would have bought gold and silver while he still had money.

Gary Busey Reportedly Just Filed For Bankruptcy, But He's Still Doing The Happy Dance
Aly Weisman|February 08, 2012

Gary Busey has made millions after appearing in more than 70 films throughout his nearly 45-year-long career, but the "Celebrity Rehab" star filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in California yesterday after it was revealed he has less than $50,000 to his name and up to $1 million in various debts.

According to offcial documents obtained by TMZ, Busey owes money to everyone "from the IRS ... to various lawyers ... UCLA Medical Center ... Wells Fargo ... L.A. County Waterworks Districts ... and a storage company."

Busey also indicated he may also owe money to a woman named Carla Loeffler, who sued Busey in May for allegedly attacking her at a Tulsa airport.

But despite any legal or financial troubles, Busey is still doing a happy dance, or, some kind of dance—we're not exactly sure what it is.

TMZ caught Busey in Malibu the day before he filed for bankruptcy and the actor showed off his moves while dancing along to "Still the One."

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-02-08/entertainment/31036581_1_gary-busey-happy-dance-fancy-footwork#ixzz1ltwo4GNl

JohnQPublic
9th February 2012, 08:25 AM
America is becoming "Manhattanized." When my wife and I lived in Manhattan as newlyweds, one observed it to be a great town with lots to do.....if you had a lot of money to pay for it all!!!!

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a breath, I'll tax the air

Silver Rocket Bitches!
9th February 2012, 01:03 PM
This is what happens when your state is $20 billion in the hole and you don't have a printing press at your disposal.

chad
9th February 2012, 01:08 PM
but it has nice weather, and it's so beautiful there.

mick silver
9th February 2012, 01:09 PM
all i can say is ... dam . cant go to the beach and have fun no more . it look like there so up the creek for tax money there no limit to what they will fine you for now

Shami-Amourae
9th February 2012, 01:19 PM
It's also illegal to dig holes 18" or deeper at the beach now.

joboo
9th February 2012, 01:40 PM
This could have come straight from the Onion.

What is so special about a volleyball over another ball...say a soccer ball for example?

Shami-Amourae
9th February 2012, 01:44 PM
They are "softer" balls and can't hurt you. That's their logic.

Libertytree
9th February 2012, 02:02 PM
Fuck this stupid shit! Get a few thousand people together to go throw balls and dig holes, FUCK them! OCCUPY the BEACH!!!

Shami-Amourae
9th February 2012, 02:09 PM
Just posted this. I was gonna do it yesterday, but didn't get around to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK9CBYO3YWs

gunDriller
9th February 2012, 02:12 PM
who brings their ID to the beach ?

how can they write you a ticket if they don't know your real name ?

mightymanx
9th February 2012, 02:54 PM
Californ........Eh nevermind.

osoab
9th February 2012, 03:00 PM
California Beach Patrols new motto.

"You throw footballs, we throw lead."

k-os
9th February 2012, 05:23 PM
I can't believe this thread has gone this far without someone writing . . .

Dude, you gotta get out of California!

(That goes for all of you - GoD, solid, Shami, BrewTech, milehi).

solid
9th February 2012, 05:29 PM

Dude, you gotta get out of California! .

Could we plead amnesty? Show up in another state and beg for acceptance. Please take us...

I think it's getting to that point.

MNeagle
9th February 2012, 05:34 PM

& what about the Cali wimmen? ximmy & zap??

EE_
9th February 2012, 05:35 PM
Could we plead amnesty? Show up in another state and beg for acceptance. Please take us...

I think it's getting to that point.

http://www.tugboatjobs.net/

osoab
9th February 2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.tugboatjobs.net/

Probably a good thing that boat is included in your link. :o

solid
9th February 2012, 05:42 PM

I'll rescue them. I'm going to buy an RV, save the women, and get us all out of CA. :)

k-os
9th February 2012, 05:42 PM

zap may as well be on an island. I am not worried about her freedom. She seems to live a rather free life. ximmy - I am not sure if she likes it there or not. :)

EE_
9th February 2012, 05:45 PM
zap may as well be on an island. I am not worried about her freedom. She seems to live a rather free life. ximmy - I am not sure if she likes it there or not. :)

Is it raining much in FL?

k-os
9th February 2012, 05:51 PM
Is it raining much in FL?

Not right now, but in the last few days, yes.

DMac
9th February 2012, 06:06 PM
The comment section was memory holed.

EE_
9th February 2012, 09:07 PM
It's all coming together, police state LA

LAPD Pioneers High-Tech Crime-Fighting ‘War Room’
February 8, 2012 11:53 PM

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — The LAPD is fighting crime from a high-tech war room that gives it eyes all over the city. The surveillance hub is now a model for police forces around the world and KCAL9 got an exclusive tour inside from Chief Charlie Beck.

“We are targets on our own soil,” says Beck. “We have to be ready.”

What began as a grass roots idea following the 9/11 terrorist attacks is now a state-of-the-art real-time analysis critical response center. It’s called RACR, and it’s located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles.

“This is a system that cuts through the red tape, that gets information to the people that need it,” says Chief Beck. He calls it “the brains of the department, twenty-four/seven.”

Police in the activity center monitor live feeds of city and traffic cameras, counter-terrorism information, and real-time crime mapping, with cutting edge software.

“If we didn’t have that we would be operating blind,” says Capt. Sean Malinowski, the Commanding Officer at RACR. “Essentially we’re always activated here.”

RACR is a critical crime-fighting tool at the center of every high profile incident in the City of Los Angeles.

“We have some real-time tools that help us analyze crime as it’s happening,” says Malinowski. “And then we feed that information out to the geographic areas and to patrol divisions.”

RACR is relied upon during events like dignitary visits from the Royals and President Obama, as well as the recent Occupy LA showdown and arrests.

“We had eyes on that, both through video cameras that the city owns, and also through video streams that were provided by the actual Occupy LA protesters,” says Malinowski.

Most recently, RACR was invaluable in putting an end to the Hollywood arsons.

Malinowski says RACR plotted each arson fire incident as it happened, creating a three-square-mile geographic hot spot that resulted in the quick arrest of accused fire starter Harry Burkhart.

“At the time he was taken into custody, this area was flooded with sheriffs and with LAPD officers,” says Malinowski. “Based on the fact that we kind of could see his movements in real time.”

RACR was born in a functioning bomb shelter, four stories below the Los Angeles Civic Center.

LAPD Commander Blake Chow remembers a time when tracking crime at RACR was done by hand. “There was very little technology,” says Chow, and RACR had no budget.

Police operated with dry erase boards, personal computers, and simple monitors.

“When we built RACR, there was no template to look at,” says Chow. “There was no police department we could go look at and ask them, ‘how did you build it?’”

Today LAPD’s RACR is the standard operating model for law enforcement agencies worldwide. It’s used as a guidebook on how to protect communities and fight crime.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/08/lapd-pioneers-high-tech-crime-fighting-war-room/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjFYgnvZWbI

BrewTech
9th February 2012, 09:21 PM
Probably a good thing that boat is included in your link. :o

LMMFAO!

(Ahem...)

BrewTech
9th February 2012, 09:43 PM
Eric Peters on the insanity:

You Didn’t Think It Would End With Seat Belts . . . Right?

http://lewrockwell.com/peters-e/peters-e147.html

lapis
9th February 2012, 10:10 PM
Eric Peters on the insanity:

You Didn’t Think It Would End With Seat Belts . . . Right?

And...You all don't think it will end with California, right?

lapis
9th February 2012, 10:14 PM
The comment section was memory holed.

I noticed that earlier when I tried to look at them from my phone. But it looks like they're back, minus a thousand comments according to one of the posters there.

mick silver
10th February 2012, 04:40 AM

i was going to say it but they get mad . so what the hell ....

BrewTech
10th February 2012, 07:21 AM

I don't get mad. It's just not a realistic solution on my end.

k-os
10th February 2012, 03:45 PM

I wrote it because I know it makes GoD mad. >:D

JDRock
10th February 2012, 04:30 PM

THATS exactly why jews' noses are soo big....air is free ;)

Shami-Amourae
10th February 2012, 04:44 PM
THATS exactly why jews' noses are soo big....air is free ;)
Not in California. Apparently you haven't head of the Global Warming Final Solutions Act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Warming_Solutions_Act_of_2006).