PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul For Fed Chairman?

LuckyStrike
2nd March 2012, 03:34 PM
I don't buy into this whole "Romney Deal" talk, but I certainly do think he will be a force at the convention and if he doesn't win he will certainly walk away with a prize and I'm wondering what this will be.

I was watching him on Piers Morgan the other night and the thought just came to me, Romney will appoint him Fed Chairman.

So what do you guys think Ron Paul will get at the convention (if not the nomination)?

Golden
2nd March 2012, 03:40 PM
No effing way.

Sparky
2nd March 2012, 05:48 PM
If Ron Paul accepts some position from Romney, will you be disappointed in him?

LuckyStrike
2nd March 2012, 06:13 PM
If Ron Paul accepts some position from Romney, will you be disappointed in him?

I wouldn't vote for a Romney/Paul ticket, but as far as him becoming Fed chairman or whatever other prize he is offered I don't see the drawbacks, it's either retire completely, or possibly do some good.

gunDriller
3rd March 2012, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't vote for a Romney/Paul ticket, but as far as him becoming Fed chairman or whatever other prize he is offered I don't see the drawbacks, it's either retire completely, or possibly do some good.

the thought is a "buzz-killer".

i was trying to live in a world where a popular honest politician like Ron Paul can succeed.

i hope if RP doesn't get the nomination, that he goes third party. i think it's unlikely that such a challenge would result in an appointment.

has RP said anything about what he would do if the Repubs deny him the nomination ?

also, i think RP is the only Repub. who can beat Obama. so if/when he is denied the nomination, the wheels are set in motion for another 4 years of Traitor Obama.

LuckyStrike
3rd March 2012, 04:59 PM
i hope if RP doesn't get the nomination, that he goes third party. i think it's unlikely that such a challenge would result in an appointment.

has RP said anything about what he would do if the Repubs deny him the nomination ?

also, i think RP is the only Repub. who can beat Obama. so if/when he is denied the nomination, the wheels are set in motion for another 4 years of Traitor Obama.

I think at this point there is still a chance he could be the nominee, but I wouldn't put money on it. I think there is a bigger chance that if he ran third party he could win, Perot damn near did and that was in pretty recent history.

That being said if he continues to pick up delegates at the rate he is going and Newt and pRick stay in for the long haul RP will at least be a king maker in Tampa, and I don't see any possible scenario where he doesn't get some MAJOR benefits from pledging his delegates to one candidate or another.

I really don't see a Romney/Paul ticket (Ron or Rand), and I don't really see him as Sec of State, possibly head of the Treasury, I think he would rather have Fed Chairman over VP anyway but not sure how they could make it through congress.

jimswift
5th March 2012, 12:42 PM
Ron Paul as Fed chairman would be just a sick irony or joke.

gunny highway
7th March 2012, 06:19 AM

agreed! for him to rail against the Fed for 30+ years only to accept a job running it is the definition of irony. look it up in the dictionary, there's a picture of RP being grilled at a congressional subcommittee hearing.

Neuro
7th March 2012, 07:07 AM
I think it would be far more likely that Romney would offer him the vice Presidency than Fed chairman. He would be neutralized as the vice president, and at the same time serve as a vote magnet for Romney. He would never be allowed as chairman of the Fed. NEVER! I think the likelihood of being offered the vice Presidency ticket, isn't very likely either, but it does exist at least, it would be a strong ticket to take on Obama!

solid
7th March 2012, 08:47 AM

I wonder if Ron Paul would then finally have the Fed audited, and then shut down. As Fed chairman, he'd have to lay himself off! That thought makes me chuckle.

I believe he'd do it too.

LuckyStrike
7th March 2012, 09:21 PM
agreed! for him to rail against the Fed for 30+ years only to accept a job running it is the definition of irony. look it up in the dictionary, there's a picture of RP being grilled at a congressional subcommittee hearing.

I rail against the Fed and would take the job without hesitation.