PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama: I'm not bluffing on military action against Iran

kiffertom
4th March 2012, 09:07 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/9119775/Barack-Obama-Im-not-bluffing-on-military-action-against-Iran.html
Barack Obama: I'm not bluffing on military action against Iran
Barack Obama has delivered his starkest threat so far that America is "not bluffing" when it warns that military action could be used to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear bomb.

Mr Obama emphasised that the US's current policy included diplomatic pressure, political isolation and "unprecedented and crippling" economic sanctions By Jon Raising the spectre of a "nuclear arms race in the most volatile region in the world", the US president predicted that if Tehran's apparent ambitions succeeded four or five countries in the Middle East would scramble to acquire nuclear weapons in a "free-for-all" .

Speaking before critical talks in Washington with Benjamin Netanyahu, the Israeli prime minister, Mr Obama moved to delay Israel from attacking Iran itself by stressing: "We've got Israel's back".

"I think both the Iranian and the Israeli governments recognise that when the United States says it is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, we mean what we say," said Mr Obama.

He unequivocally dismissed Israeli fears that the US might resign itself to containing a nuclear Iran, telling The Atlantic magazine this ran "completely contrary" to his policy of nuclear non-proliferation.

"I think that the Israeli government recognises that, as president of the United States, I don't bluff," he said. "I also don't, as a matter of sound policy, go around advertising exactly what our intentions are." more at the link!!

osoab
4th March 2012, 09:09 AM
He will huff, and he will puff, and he will blow Tehran down.

gunDriller
4th March 2012, 09:24 AM
Heaven Forbid a country with a long history of terrorism would acquire hundreds of nuclear weapons.

aka IsraHell.

PlatinumBlonde
4th March 2012, 09:26 AM
Pakistan has nukes, why isn't he saying anything about them??

midnight rambler
4th March 2012, 09:28 AM
Pakistan has nukes, why isn't he saying anything about them??

'Cause they don't have oil and they do have a central bank - always the two biggest reasons.

Horn
4th March 2012, 09:39 AM
He just spoke at AIPAC on the news today, was the longest speach I ever saw him give, a full hour, I guess.

Says "his admin." has uphold its commitment to Israel. (the U.S. is another story)

After watching the bit on founding fathers supposedly supporting Theocracy as a future civilization, I puked on my shoes, and saw him (Obama) in some sort of hateful light.

mamboni
4th March 2012, 10:40 AM
He just spoke at AIPAC on the news today, was the longest speach I ever saw him give, a full hour, I guess.

Says "his admin." has uphold its commitment to Israel. (the U.S. is another story)

After watching the bit on founding fathers supposedly supporting Theocracy as a future civilization, I puked on my shoes, and saw him (Obama) in some sort of hateful light.

Theocracy, as in the type of government in force in Iran. Oh, the irony.

Horn
4th March 2012, 11:24 AM
Theocracy, as in the type of government in force in Iran. Oh, the irony.

An experience that shows us that democracy is the one and only form of government that can truly respond to the aspirations of citizens. America's Founding Fathers understood this truth, just as Israel's founding generation did. President Truman put it well, describing his decision to formally recognize Israel only minutes after it declared independence. He said, "I had faith in Israel (Theocracy) before it was established. I believe it has a glorious future before it – as not just another sovereign nation, but as an embodiment of the great ideals of our civilization."

For over six decades, the American people have kept that faith. Yes, we are bound to Israel because of the interests that we share – in security for our communities, prosperity for our people, the new frontiers of science that can light the world. But ultimately it is our common ideals that provide the true foundation for our relationship. That is why America's commitment to Israel has endured under Democratic and Republican presidents, and congressional leaders of both parties. In the United States, our support for Israel is bipartisan, and that is how it should stay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120304/us-obama-text/

mamboni
4th March 2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120304/us-obama-text/

The Truman attribution is a complete utter falsehood and fabrication. Truman was strongly opposed to Israeli statehood and was steamrolled into recognizing "The Jewish State" by members of his administration.

“I am sorry gentlemen, but I have to answer to hundreds of thousands who are anxious for the success of Zionism. I do not have hundreds of thousands of Arabs among my constituents.” President Harry Truman, quoted in “Anti Zionism”, ed. by Teikener, Abed-Rabbo & Mezvinsky.

Obongo lies the way the rest of us breath.

Neuro
4th March 2012, 11:34 AM
So nuclear bombing of Iran to save the middle east from a nuclear war. POS!

mamboni
4th March 2012, 11:55 AM
Obongo has the back of the premier terrorist state in the world today bar none: ISRAEL.

“By 1948, the Jew was not only able to ‘defend himself’ but to commit massive atrocities as well. Indeed, according to the former director of the Israeli army archives, ‘in almost every village occupied by us during the War of Independence, acts were committed which are defined as war crimes, such as murders, massacres, and rapes’...Uri Milstein, the authoritative Israeli military historian of the 1948 war, goes one step further, maintaining that ‘every skirmish ended in a massacre of Arabs.’” Norman Finkelstein, “Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict.”

Book
4th March 2012, 02:00 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TNPyrLfg6L0/Sy-uPATNUCI/AAAAAAAAANk/f0avoxscuHc/s400/obama1.jpg

shabbat goy

mamboni
4th March 2012, 02:30 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TNPyrLfg6L0/Sy-uPATNUCI/AAAAAAAAANk/f0avoxscuHc/s400/obama1.jpg

shabbat goy

Maybe, maybe not.

http://www.henrymakow.com/is_obama_literally_americas_fi.html