PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Dolphin Rescue - 30 Dolphins Stranded and Saved

Golden
9th March 2012, 07:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BiMEeirC_M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BiMEeirC_M
Uploaded by CutiesNFuzzies on Mar 7, 2012
A school of dolphins gets stuck on the beach in Brazil and they get rescued by a group of upstanding citizens.

That's how it's done!

solid
10th March 2012, 07:44 AM
That was uplifting. Thanks for sharing.

I'm actually surprised the dolphins got themselves into that trouble, they are very smart animals. Seeing them when sailing at sea is just an awesome experience. They like to play. We had several follow us for miles once. They stayed about 300 feet behind the boat. Then, one by one, they would take off like a rocket towards the stern of the boat. Right as they approached the boat, they would dart underneath the boat and disappear. Only to reappear with the group following us. It's like they were competing with each other on have fast they could go, and how close they could get to the boat. This went on for hours. Every time we cheered them on. Just loved it.

The ocean is their playground. When sailing on her, you become a part of that. It's just great for the soul.

gunDriller
10th March 2012, 08:54 AM
yeah, they are smart.

sometimes they chase fish into the shallows as part of a group hunting thing.

still doesn't explain what led them to beach themselves. how'd they get confused ? enjoying too much seaweed ?

once i swam (very slowly) into the middle of a pod of about 18 of them. they didn't really do much except hang-out and slowly swim around me. one of the biggest ones surfaced about 4 feet in front of me. it had a fin that looked like Evander Holyfield's ear after several fights with Mike Tyson. There were about 8 big bites taken out of it. i figure that was one of the "Alpha Dolphins".

another time i was swimming slowly towards an adult dolphin with a baby. when i was about 50 yards away 1 or 2 adults charged me, making a huge boil of water right in my face. then their fins surfaced about 10 yards away.

i always wondered what would have happened if i had kept swimming towards the dolphin with the baby. i think they would have "made contact" - bit me or rammed me.