PDA

View Full Version : Why Nominate The Geezer?

Book
14th March 2012, 11:10 AM

Rand and Obama are about the same age. Why nominate the elder Mr. Paul who will soon go senile or die of old age? Is the son flawed?

::) not a chip off the old block?

beefsteak
14th March 2012, 02:14 PM
Why the agism?

Will you not soon go senile or die of old age, however long your "life ribbon" happens to be?

beefsteak

MNeagle
14th March 2012, 02:18 PM
Track record, for starters...

Celtic Rogue
14th March 2012, 02:29 PM
The Pauls are good at politics! Dr Paul is blazing the way for his son. I believe that Rand will be a shoe in during the 2016 elections. After the 2012 election buyers remorse will set in no matter who they elect(bar dr paul), Then with name rcogition and a track record in the senate... Rand will become the obvious choice. But by then... it might be too late to save anything good in this country!

TheNocturnalEgyptian
14th March 2012, 02:59 PM
Ron Paul and Rand Paul do not present the same political platform.

And Ron Paul has decades more experience.

Libertytree
14th March 2012, 03:26 PM
Rand is not Ron, that's a fact but Rand hasn't spent the better part of his life seeing DC and all the crimes that Ron has either. He may very well turn out to be the man his father is today or maybe he just has a different, though misguided, political philosophy? I wouldn't vote for Rand as president today and he'd HAVE to do some serious 180's on certain issues to get me to vote for him in 2016, if we make it that far. Right now I think he's neocon lite.

LuckyStrike
14th March 2012, 06:07 PM

My answer as well, I think the best of men can be corrupted by $$ and power, Ron Paul has not been and therefore gets my support.

Rand is untested, and as others have said he has certain things which cause me to not be a very outspoken supporter, I have my eye on him.

I honestly think Ron got into politics for the reasons he said, he knew economics and understood after the 1971 closing of the gold window we were on an inevitable crash course with economic ruin and from what I can tell he has spent his entire career warning people. It would've been SO easy for him to just go along to get along, he could've made 10's if not 100's of millions like the rest of those crooks, probably been speaker of the house by now, and while he could've certainly made enough money to support him and his entire extended family through hard economic times he didn't choose this path. He fought for what is right, for freedom and for us. And for that I owe him my support.

Libertytree
14th March 2012, 06:16 PM
My answer as well, I think the best of men can be corrupted by $$ and power, Ron Paul has not been and therefore gets my support.

Rand is untested, and as others have said he has certain things which cause me to not be a very outspoken supporter, I have my eye on him.

I honestly think Ron got into politics for the reasons he said, he knew economics and understood after the 1971 closing of the gold window we were on an inevitable crash course with economic ruin and from what I can tell he has spent his entire career warning people. It would've been SO easy for him to just go along to get along, he could've made 10's if not 100's of millions like the rest of those crooks, probably been speaker of the house by now, and while he could've certainly made enough money to support him and his entire extended family through hard economic times he didn't choose this path. He fought for what is right, for freedom and for us. And for that I owe him my support.

Well friggin said bro!

Book
14th March 2012, 07:51 PM

http://pjmedia.com/files/2012/01/ron-paul-ronald-reagan1.jpg

Ran the track for decades. What exactly did he actually accomplish?

:)

Libertytree
14th March 2012, 07:56 PM
What exactly have you accomplished?

BrewTech
14th March 2012, 08:04 PM
http://pjmedia.com/files/2012/01/ron-paul-ronald-reagan1.jpg

Ran the track for decades. What exactly did he actually accomplish?

:)

What would be qualify as an "accomplishment" for you Book?

TheNocturnalEgyptian
14th March 2012, 10:03 PM
No, Book's right this time. Dr. Paul did play the game for decades, and he was only able to make mild improvements in the system. Ron Paul did specific things very correctly, but the system still worsened over time. The doctor was able to keep the 'patient' alive longer, so to speak, but was not able to effect a cure. Some symptoms were alleviated by his actions, but the root causes of sickness remained.

Partial list of RP legislation as cherry-picked by me:

Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985
Attempted to reinstate the gold standard, 1983
Successful Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985, which led to the minting of American Gold Eagles
Honest Money Act: Repeals 31 U.S.C. 5103, the legal tender law that currently mandates acceptance of Federal Reserve notes as legal tender
Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 - requires audit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legislation_sponsored_by_Ron_Paul

Book
14th March 2012, 10:28 PM
No, Book's right this time. Dr. Paul did play the game for decades, and he was only able to make mild improvements in the system. Ron Paul did specific things very correctly, but the system still worsened over time.

https://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/celebrity-pictures-fred-rogers-get-along.jpg

Kinda like the Mr. Rodgers of Congress. Harmless and kept the kids distracted while outside the neighborhood went to shit.

:) loved by all

Awoke
15th March 2012, 05:01 AM
Rand is not Ron...

He may very well turn out to be the man his father is today

I wouldn't hold your breath.
Ron Paul was espousing the same message when he was Rand's age as he is now.
Rand is not.

Right now I think he's neocon lite.

Same here.

jimswift
15th March 2012, 05:02 AM
Don't know if Book actually holds any physical gold, but didn't Ron have a hand in him being able to "legally" do so?

Funny how people expect miracles out of others when themselves have done squat.

Book have you ever swayed or convinced 500+ individuals to your reasoning or logic? How about millions of people?

I'm going out on a limb and say it's a lot harder than it looks.

Awoke
15th March 2012, 05:12 AM
Book have you ever swayed or convinced 500+ individuals to your reasoning or logic? How about millions of people?

Millions already embrace Books logic: Statism.

Book
15th March 2012, 08:31 AM
Book have you ever swayed or convinced 500+ individuals to your reasoning or logic?

::) Ron Paul didn't even sway or convince his own son. I agree with this:

Rand is not Ron...I wouldn't vote for Rand as president today and he'd HAVE to do some serious 180's on certain issues to get me to vote for him in 2016, if we make it that far. Right now I think he's neocon lite.

jimswift
15th March 2012, 09:53 AM
Not sure I asked if Ron had convinced his son.

StreetsOfGold
15th March 2012, 10:04 AM

Rand and Obama are about the same age. Why nominate the elder Mr. Paul who will soon go senile or die of old age? Is the son flawed?

::) not a chip off the old block?

Job 12:12 With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

vacuum
15th March 2012, 10:05 AM
Generally your own family is the hardest to convince of something.

Awoke
15th March 2012, 10:06 AM
Generally your own family is the hardest to convince of something.

No kidding!!

mick silver
15th March 2012, 11:27 AM
most here keep thinking there a cure for this country ............ it way past that point now . you just cant fix fvck up . and the people who broke this country know this because they have done it before . no one man can fix this its going to take a army of men

Libertytree
15th March 2012, 12:20 PM
most here keep thinking there a cure for this country ............ it way past that point now . you just cant fix fvck up . and the people who broke this country know this because they have done it before . no one man can fix this its going to take a army of men

Good thing we've got one!