PDA

View Full Version : Margarine makes you aggressive

Serpo
14th March 2012, 12:30 PM
What do you MEAN it's not butter?': Margarine makes you aggressive - and should not be fed to school pupils

'Trans fatty acids' - found in fast foods - cause anger
Study of 945 people in California
Chemicals 'Should not be used in schools or prisons' - researchers

Margarine can actually make you angry - and should not be fed to school pupils, a new study has warned.

A chemical called 'trans fatty acids' - found in large quantities in margarine, and also in other fast foods - makes people aggressive and irritable.
Researchers studied 945 people with varying diets - and found those who ate large quantities of the chemical were consistently more aggressive.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/14/article-0-122A091C000005DC-458_468x286.jpg Margarine: A new study has found that a chemical found in large quantities in margarine causes aggression - and researchers say it should not be fed to school pupils

The researchers warn that schools - and prisons - should look their menus to ensure diet isn’t playing a part in aggressive behaviour.
Dr Beatrice Golomb - a professor at the University of California and lead author of the paper for Plos ONE - said: ‘We found that greater trans fatty acids were associated with greater aggression.

'High levels of the trans fatty acids were more consistently predictive of aggression and irritability.

‘This adds further rationale to recommendations to avoid eating trans fats - the detrimental effects of trans fats may extend beyond the person who consumes them to affect others.’
The chemicals are already known to be bad for health - and can cause efffects such as high cholesterol levels, insulin resistance, oxidation, inflammation, and cardiac problems.

Fast food chain McDonalds switched oil to cut down trans fats after a lengthy campaign.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/14/article-2114883-0056535B00000258-676_468x386.jpg McDonald's changed to a new oil which halved the trans fatty acid levels in its french fries while increasing the amount of the more beneficial polyunsaturated fat

University of California researchers tested 945 men and women to test the relationship between dTFAs and aggression or irritability.
They questioned participants’ on life history of aggression, conflict tactics and self-rated impatience and irritabilty on an ‘overt aggression’ scale - tallying recent aggressive behaviour.
The results - adjusted for sex, age, education and use of alcohol or tobacco products - showed there was a link between those eating foods containing the chemicals, and heightened aggression.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2114883/What-MEAN-butter--Margarine-makes-aggressive--fed-school-pupils.html#ixzz1p7WcSP3a

iOWNme
14th March 2012, 12:55 PM
Aggressive? WTF? Not the Talmudvision, not public schools, and not prescription drugs - But margarine. LAUGHABLE.

How about the fact that it isnt even food?

margarine = plastic silicone

Butter = natural yumminess

Libertytree
14th March 2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-LapXzYhag&feature=related

zap
14th March 2012, 02:19 PM
LOL, Yep thats why I am so sweet ! cause I only buy real butter, nothing to make me pissy !!!! lol

ximmy
14th March 2012, 02:48 PM
Proper school management:

Provide margarine at lunch
Medicate for ADD and ADHD

Libertytree
14th March 2012, 02:54 PM
I'm not buying into this margarine makes ya aggressive BS, there's way too many other factors involved to attribute even part of it to friggin margarine. That's one reason I posted the YT, posting fun of it.

Edit: BTW, I love butter better :)

SWRichmond
14th March 2012, 05:55 PM
Butter = natural yumminess

I stopped using margarine a few weeks ago. Butter is damned yummy!

palani
14th March 2012, 06:04 PM
Your liver does not like transfat. It doesn't know what to do with these fat molecules. It attempts to make liver cells out of them and it doesn't work. Eventually it loses the ability to break down fat. The only way to reverse this is to take supplemental bile (Ox bile) and eat real fat until the body gets back on track again.

EE_
14th March 2012, 06:19 PM
I never fell for the margarine thing many years ago when just about everyone made the switch.
I told them all, God made butter for me to eat and kept right on eating my Land O Lakes butter.
Good thing too, I was agressive enough as it were in those years and didn't need an extra kick in the ass.
A friend of mine was planning a big clam bake back then and was planning to use margarine for the clams.
I said WTF! He or his wife went out got Land O Lakes butter just for me! :p
I miss those clam bakes.

sugar plum
16th March 2012, 10:15 AM
If they took my butter away and tried to force me to eat margarine, I'd become aggressive too!

Gaillo
16th March 2012, 12:53 PM
The THOUGHT of eating margarine is enough to get my aggression going...

mick silver
16th March 2012, 01:13 PM
we have not used Margarine for years . there nothing better then real butter . and when we fry we use lard

Gaillo
16th March 2012, 01:37 PM
we have not used Margarine for years . there nothing better then real butter . and when we fry we use lard

Lard kicks ASS for frying! It's good for you too, my grandparents on my mother's side cooked in lard their entire lives, and they both made it to 90+ years old.

Of course, things that are ACTUALLY good for you are demonized by the mainstream... can you think of an oil with more negative connotations than lard? Lardass? Disgusting tub of lard? Unfuckable lardarse? ;D

lapis
16th March 2012, 03:05 PM
Are ants smarter than people?

StreetsOfGold
16th March 2012, 03:27 PM
Butter: The food eaten by Jesus Christ

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

Old Herb Lady
16th March 2012, 04:28 PM
Your liver does not like transfat. It doesn't know what to do with these fat molecules. It attempts to make liver cells out of them and it doesn't work. Eventually it loses the ability to break down fat. The only way to reverse this is to take supplemental bile (Ox bile) and eat real fat until the body gets back on track again.

You've GOT to be kidding me.
You don't need oxen juice to remedy that. And it's NOT the ONLY thing in supplement-form to reverse a fatty liver.
lecithin, milk thistle, artichokes, JUICING ??

TheNocturnalEgyptian
16th March 2012, 06:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QXu8z.jpg

Yellow goo at top right is Margarine, yellow blob lower left is "Low Fat Margarine", lower right is butter.

Neuro
17th March 2012, 09:43 AM
I stopped using margarine about 8-9 years ago, wish I could get some unpasteurised butter. I bet it would taste even better!

Son-of-Liberty
17th March 2012, 09:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QXu8z.jpg

Yellow goo at top right is Margarine, yellow blob lower left is "Low Fat Margarine", lower right is butter.

The only ants in the margarine look like they are drowning in it....

I haven't eaten margarine in years. I use coconut oil and butter.

MNeagle
17th March 2012, 10:09 AM
The only ants in the margarine look like they are dead....

fify

TheNocturnalEgyptian
17th March 2012, 12:09 PM
I use coconut oil, avocado oil, and lately, I have been using Ghee. Ghee is clarified butter and I found some that is raw, grass-fed organic. Awesome.

PlatinumBlonde
17th March 2012, 01:21 PM
I use butter, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, sesame oil and a little bacon grease on rare occasion..