PDA

View Full Version : Another banking BS story.......

Libertarian_Guard
27th March 2012, 11:21 AM
Today my wife informs me of the urgent need to transfer just under 20K into her checking account. The only problem is that it must be done today or tomorrow. So I am a bit pissed off that she couldn’t have given me a little more notice. Since we have separate accounts I run down to her bank with cash in hand and walk up to the window with a deposit slip and a large stack of bills. I ask the teller if this deposit (since it is cash) will automatically be credited to my wife’s balance, he assures me that it will (but now I am not so sure) he puts the fiat through a counter and bands it up, then he asks me if I am on the account, I answer no, he gives me the deposit receipt and asks me for my ssn#, I can’t remember it, so he asks me for my drivers license, I didn’t bring it. Next he catches a manager walking by and explains everything to her, she understands the situation perfectly and says that she only needs to ask me my wife’s profession. Fine, that’s like asking our address, they already know it, so I confirm with her what they already knew and leave. After I am home I realize something printed out on the bottom of the receipt. “further review may result in delayed availability of this deposit”

I hope the deposit isn’t held up. The next round could be when my wife checks her balance. Had she given me more notice this would have been done silky smooth. Being pragmatic about the whole thing, I see plenty of blame to go around. But I don’t go for a bank of which I am not a member, asking me personal info and will not give-in.

Libertarian_Guard
28th March 2012, 05:14 PM
The funds are available.

End of story.

osoab
28th March 2012, 05:23 PM
The funds are available.

End of story.

Any forms to fill out while dropping 20g's in cash?
I would expect that they filled out a DHS form that kind of deposit.