PDA

View Full Version : The perception of reality is more important than reality itself

midnight rambler
1st April 2012, 05:18 PM
Unexpected surprise ending -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4mN33w5Ftw&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL681F6F50FE1F76E9

hoarder
2nd April 2012, 07:26 AM
If anyone doubts the POWER OF SUGGESTION, they need to watch this video.

Santa
2nd April 2012, 09:22 AM
You think that's all it is? The power of suggestion? How does the power of suggestion affect physical matter, such as the dice?

What if there's a physical explanation to this phenomena, a hidden physics, or (occult) so to speak, and some have figured it out?

Book
2nd April 2012, 09:56 AM
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2008/04/21/derren-brown-speaks-of-his-perfect-boyfriend/

Derren Brown speaks of his “perfect” boyfriend

::)

Cebu_4_2
2nd April 2012, 11:23 AM
Finally got a chance to watch this, I thought it was great!

Glass
2nd April 2012, 08:38 PM
Finally got a chance to watch this, I thought it was great!

Some one said they have the largest concentration of lesbians in the "Cuun tray"

I'm not sure if thats a lot of large lesbians or some other kind.

Horn
20th October 2012, 01:42 PM
If anyone doubts the POWER OF SUGGESTION, they need to watch this video.

When I find a hopeless sot, I keep coming back to, and showing this video.

singular_me
20th October 2012, 03:36 PM
power of suggestion = hypnosis.

ps: now watching

hoarder
20th October 2012, 04:33 PM
power of suggestion = hypnosis.

ps: now watchingI think that's just one kind of power of suggestion. Sometimes the person using it doesn't even know he/she is casting such a spell. Take for example nudity. Some Libertarians believe nudity is "neutral" and the nekkid person is not harming or intruding on anyone. There is nothing neutral about it.

Ponce
20th October 2012, 06:02 PM
To me "luck" comes from "opportunity" and from "instincts" and if that was not the case I could have been dead long ago and not comfortable as I am today........you will never know unless you try.

Rememer that even when you are in trouble you will come out of it ok........or dead.........from the best to the worse, so, who cares?

singular_me
20th October 2012, 06:29 PM
I think that's just one kind of power of suggestion. Sometimes the person using it doesn't even know he/she is casting such a spell.

I for one think that wanting something very bad - without any doubt at all - just makes it happen. Many may want but in the back of their minds, they just dont believe enough (lack of self confidence) for serendipity to set in. Somehow this is "magic". The power of the mind in action.

Horn
20th October 2012, 06:41 PM
Somehow this is "magic". The power of the mind in action.

Its a matter of Using the tools available when they become available. Just as the Herb lady stated about the Chinese Thunder Root, nature doesn't place those half a world away from you.

Some people think they're that far away.

singular_me
20th October 2012, 06:57 PM
Horn, did you watch the OP video?

which tools? we are talking of the power of suggestion here, no external tools at all.

Horn
20th October 2012, 10:41 PM
The dice.

singular_me
21st October 2012, 06:01 AM
the OHL example is confusing - ahh, the dice... was that guy's mind able to foreseen that 4 wouldnt come out the 3rd time... OR did his mind force the dice to exhibit a 4 when needed?

that could be a very looooong discussion :) I lean toward the psychic ability to forecast.

Horn
21st October 2012, 09:31 AM
Look at the example of the bar owners, the one lady didn't have the tools to fix the flat, but she went to go get some guy from inside. The guy inside was a tool. The "lucky dog" could also be considered a tool, or as the "psychic" said a point of focus. Maybe "tool" is a slightly derogatory term, maybe resources would be better. Before the lucky dog, the butcher was only testing a limited number of his resources.

The roll of the dice was just luck. :)

Maybe (and this is purely figurative) an alternate point of focus increases chance of success, by decreasing the chance of available options for failure.