PDA

View Full Version : Mpls. Police Ponder 8 P.M. Curfew After Youth (AKA black) Mob Attacks

General of Darkness
2nd April 2012, 08:52 AM
Mpls. Police Ponder 8 P.M. Curfew After Youth Mob Attacks

March 31, 2012 10:35 PM

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There have been six mob attacks, in all, since February. Now, police are now wondering if an 8 o’clock curfew keeping anyone 17 and under from two downtown streets will stop the violence.

Nicollet Mall is a destination for many. Outdoor patios where drinks and food are served are a draw not only to people who live here, but also tourist.

Since February, when the sun goes down, later in the evening, mobs of teens take advantage of the darkness and attack.

A video captured on 6th Street and Nicollet shows how the mob of teens viciously attacks innocent people.

Police have made four arrests, but continue to search for others. They’ve beefed up patrols and monitor video from cameras that cover the entire downtown area.
Minneapolis Police have asked the city attorney if it can impose a curfew of 8 p.m. along the mall and Hennepin Avenue.

For some, talk of an earlier curfew for 17 year olds and under won’t stop the violence.

“Curfews are just going to make them want to act out even more,” said Mary Carter. “I don’t feel like that would solve the problem because I feel that kids that would adhere to the curfew aren’t the ones causing the problems to begin with.”
Kids we spoke with say they feel as if they’re being punished for something they had nothing to do with.

“They’re stopping me from going to where I need to go,” said 15-year-old Marlon Beard.

The curfew would allow those 17 and under to come and go from Timberwolves and Twins games and other activities.

Some think the idea would keep mobs of kids like this out of downtown.
There is a curfew in Hennepin County. Sunday through Thursday, kids under 12 need to be home by 9 p.m., 12- to 14-year-olds by 10 p.m. and 15 to 17-year-old’s by 11 p.m.

On Friday and Saturday nights, the curfew is an hour later for all ages.
Meanwhile, Downtown Improvement District Workers and their radios also help in alerting police and several hundred securities guards who work in offices downtown to potential problems.

THE COMMENTS ARE GREAT, PEOPLE ARE GETTING IT.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/03/31/mpls-police-ponder-8-p-m-curfew-after-youth-mob-attacks/

PlatinumBlonde
2nd April 2012, 09:27 AM
Segregation, sterilization, repatriation..is the solution..

chad
2nd April 2012, 09:37 AM
i was on nicollet last saturday night walking back to my hotel. my observations:

1) 70% black gang types
2) 20% white trash from northern suburbs
3) 10% tourists

what this article fails to mention is that there is virtually NOTHING downtown that anyone under age 21 can do after 5 pm. it's predominately nightclubs, strip clubs, + high end restaurants. i guess the youth **could** be going to 7th street entry which allows minors, but i doubt any of the crowd down there is in to punk rock.

it's mostly a huge group of teens milling around on the sidewalks and parking lots. they really don't have any reason to be down there in the first place.

Spectrism
2nd April 2012, 10:56 AM
Real simple. Gang of 20 youffs attack a couple of people in an alley. A counter gang of 100, (50 at each end of the alley) waits for word to go. Cameras are shut off. "Go!" The news the next day reads: 20 youffs attack the wrong two victims who defended themselves by killing all 20 assailants.

mamboni
2nd April 2012, 01:59 PM
i was on nicollet last saturday night walking back to my hotel. my observations:

1) 70% black gang types
2) 20% white trash from northern suburbs
3) 10% tourists

And this is a tourist attraction? :o:o:o Sounds more like a frickin' death trap.

chad
2nd April 2012, 02:44 PM
it's only tourist in the sense that "i am in town for business, my company is comping me, so i might as well wander the 5 blocks over from the hotel minneapolis and see what's going on." i can't believe anyone really goes there as a tourist other than **maybe** to see a big name show at first avenue.

Twisted Titan
3rd April 2012, 04:00 AM
I don’t feel like that would solve the problem because I feel that kids that would adhere to the curfew aren’t the ones causing the problems to begin with.

kinda like what gun laws do for criminals.

PlatinumBlonde
3rd April 2012, 06:36 AM
I don’t feel like that would solve the problem because I feel that kids that would adhere to the curfew aren’t the ones causing the problems to begin with.

kinda like what gun laws do for criminals.

The solution of the problem is this--freedom of association. If these businesses want to serve only whites or whatever that's what they can do. Problem solved.

The lack of private property rights is the problem. As a matter of fact it is the cornerstone of all of our problems..