PDA

View Full Version : Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development - Rockefeller

General of Darkness
15th April 2012, 09:12 PM
Dunno if this has been posted before. This is some scary shit if you ask me. They're definitely out in the open about it.

Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development

Imagining the Future

The Rockefeller Foundation and The Global Business Network / May 25, 2010 / Publications

http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/uploads/images/inline-l/985b23eb-241b-42a1-92e0-1d3497b1b36b-scenarios.png

There is little doubt that technology will continue to drive change across the developing world. However, uncertainty exists about the role of technological advances in alleviating poverty. To uncover the range of possibilities that may emerge, novel approaches like scenario planning are essential.

“Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development,” a new report, features four very different—yet very plausible—visions of how technology could profoundly alter how we address some of the most pressing challenges in the developing world.

Scenario planning—an innovative method of creating narratives about the future—is a powerful tool for assisting organizations in considering how complex problems could evolve and be solved over the long term. The scenario planning process helps to identify unique opportunities, rehearse important decisions by simulating their broader implications, and illuminate previously unexplored areas of intersection.

THIS IS FROM PAGE 34 OF "THEIR" SCENARIO.

HACK ATTACK

An economically unstable and shock-prone
world in which governments weaken, criminals thrive,
and dangerous innovations emerge
Devastating shocks like September 11, the
Southeast Asian tsunami of 2004, and the
2010 Haiti earthquake had certainly primed
the world for sudden disasters. But no one
was prepared for a world in which large-scale
catastrophes would occur with such breathtaking
frequency. The years 2010 to 2020 were dubbed
the “doom decade” for good reason: the 2012
Olympic bombing, which killed 13,000, was
followed closely by an earthquake in Indonesia
killing 40,000, a tsunami that almost wiped
out Nicaragua, and the onset of the West China
Famine, caused by a once-in-a-millennium
drought linked to climate change.

Not surprisingly, this opening series of deadly
asynchronous catastrophes (there were more) put
enormous pressure on an already overstressed
global economy that had entered the decade
still in recession. Massive humanitarian relief
efforts cost vast sums of money, but the primary
sources — from aid agencies to developed-world
governments — had run out of funds to offer.
Most nation-states could no longer afford their
locked-in costs, let alone respond to increased
citizen demands for more security, more
healthcare coverage, more social programs and
services, and more infrastructure repair. In
2014, when mudslides in Lima buried thousands,
only minimal help trickled in, prompting the
Economist headline: “Is the Planet Finally
Bankrupt?”

These dire circumstances forced tough tradeoffs.
In 2015, the U.S. reallocated a large share of its
defense spending to domestic concerns, pulling
out of Afghanistan — where the resurgent Taliban
seized power once again. In Europe, Asia, South
America, and Africa, more and more nationstates
lost control of their public finances, along

The rest is at the link and you can download the PDF

http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/news/publications/scenarios-future-technology

vacuum
15th April 2012, 10:36 PM
Lets hope that this is the future of technology:

http://opensourceecology.org/

http://vimeo.com/36360891

Horn
16th April 2012, 01:21 AM
Or complete satellite meltdown ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omR5EyL6tNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=pkfKnxX-L0k

Twisted Titan
16th April 2012, 05:37 AM
Taggg

Awoke
16th April 2012, 06:00 AM
Most nation-states could no longer afford their locked-in costs, let alone respond to increased citizen demands for more security

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Seriously... stop... my sides hurt.......

(The rest should be considered fair warning, like the PNAC cover. Don't attend the olympics.)

Neuro
16th April 2012, 06:03 AM
So they have planned to bomb London Olympics?

Mental note to myself: DON'T go to London Olympics!

Carl
16th April 2012, 07:13 AM
services

Well that's a bold faced lie.

Citizens within the U.S. were told that they would be provided these things and that they were to pay for them, then they were allowed to debate who will receive and who will pay.

99% of all social welfare/police state programs inacted over the past 100 years were imposed without citizen request or permission, all "citizen demand" was fabrecated after they were fact.

General of Darkness
16th April 2012, 07:16 AM
A lot of interesting perspectives on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JvvRnNq6Hc

mamboni
16th April 2012, 08:37 AM
Dunno if this has been posted before. This is some scary shit if you ask me. They're definitely out in the open about it.

Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development

Imagining the Future

The Rockefeller Foundation and The Global Business Network / May 25, 2010 / Publications

http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/uploads/images/inline-l/985b23eb-241b-42a1-92e0-1d3497b1b36b-scenarios.png

There is little doubt that technology will continue to drive change across the developing world. However, uncertainty exists about the role of technological advances in alleviating poverty. To uncover the range of possibilities that may emerge, novel approaches like scenario planning are essential.

“Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development,” a new report, features four very different—yet very plausible—visions of how technology could profoundly alter how we address some of the most pressing challenges in the developing world.

Scenario planning—an innovative method of creating narratives about the future—is a powerful tool for assisting organizations in considering how complex problems could evolve and be solved over the long term. The scenario planning process helps to identify unique opportunities, rehearse important decisions by simulating their broader implications, and illuminate previously unexplored areas of intersection.

THIS IS FROM PAGE 34 OF "THEIR" SCENARIO.

HACK ATTACK

An economically unstable and shock-prone
world in which governments weaken, criminals thrive,
and dangerous innovations emerge
Devastating shocks like September 11, the
Southeast Asian tsunami of 2004, and the
2010 Haiti earthquake had certainly primed
the world for sudden disasters. But no one
was prepared for a world in which large-scale
catastrophes would occur with such breathtaking
frequency. The years 2010 to 2020 were dubbed
the “doom decade” for good reason: the 2012
Olympic bombing, which killed 13,000, was
followed closely by an earthquake in Indonesia
killing 40,000, a tsunami that almost wiped
out Nicaragua, and the onset of the West China
Famine, caused by a once-in-a-millennium
drought linked to climate change.

Not surprisingly, this opening series of deadly
asynchronous catastrophes (there were more) put
enormous pressure on an already overstressed
global economy that had entered the decade
still in recession. Massive humanitarian relief
efforts cost vast sums of money, but the primary
sources — from aid agencies to developed-world
governments — had run out of funds to offer.
services, and more infrastructure repair. In
2014, when mudslides in Lima buried thousands,
only minimal help trickled in, prompting the
Economist headline: “Is the Planet Finally
Bankrupt?”

These dire circumstances forced tough tradeoffs.
In 2015, the U.S. reallocated a large share of its
defense spending to domestic concerns, pulling
out of Afghanistan — where the resurgent Taliban
seized power once again. In Europe, Asia, South
America, and Africa, more and more nationstates
lost control of their public finances, along

The rest is at the link and you can download the PDF

http://www.rockefellerfoundation.org/news/publications/scenarios-future-technology

Hey GoD:

Did you stumble upon the Illuminati script for 2010-2020? Could you look up silver and gold prices?

chad
16th April 2012, 08:44 AM
i have it:

gold $5,419.30

silver: $30.10

mamboni
16th April 2012, 08:59 AM
i have it:

gold $5,419.30

silver: $30.10

Silver only 30 bucks?!?!?! That sucks eggs!

EE_
16th April 2012, 09:01 AM
IMO, technology has advanced well past it's usefulness. Most new technology now has nothing but detrimental effects for people. People are living too long, we are too dependent on it, people have become too connected to the point they have lost touch with reality, it's evil uses have become so profound we no longer have privacy and freedom, it has allowed governments to control every aspect of peoples lives, it has destroyed our food, and it has destroyed our economy. The internet was/is a great tool, but it is now dying.
There are some areas where I think advancements in technology are still usefull. Energy being one...although I believe the technology already exists that would provide civilization with free energy.
If you disagree, please tell me where you think technology still has positive effects?

Neuro
16th April 2012, 10:06 AM
I have read somewhere that in not too long time (something like 20-50 years from now) artificial intelligence will become more intelligent than humans, and when that happens the machines will kill off the competition to their hegemony, iow us, or maybe domesticate the more docile of us to have as pets, lab rats, slaves, etc...

Glass
27th April 2012, 12:21 AM
Most new technology now has nothing but detrimental effects for people. People are living too long, we are too dependent on it, people have become too connected to the point they have lost touch with reality, it's evil uses have become so profound we no longer have privacy and freedom, it has allowed governments to control every aspect of peoples lives, it has destroyed our food, and it has destroyed our economy.

I agree. I was downtown at lunch today and going down in an elevator. All of the "secretaries" jumping in the elevator, immediately went heads down, phone up, poke poke, swipe swipe and I'm thinking HEY THE WORLD IS NOT IN THAT SHITTY LITTLE PIECE OF CRAP (iPhone). IT'S OUT THERE. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK UP AND YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE LIFE YOU WANT. We are now in the age of the Drone.

mamboni
27th April 2012, 05:18 AM
I have read somewhere that in not too long time (something like 20-50 years from now) artificial intelligence will become more intelligent than humans, and when that happens the machines will kill off the competition to their hegemony, iow us, or maybe domesticate the more docile of us to have as pets, lab rats, slaves, etc...

I think they made a movie about it called the Terminator.:|~

Santa
27th April 2012, 08:13 AM

I don't think it will happen in 20 to 50 years.

I think it's happening RIGHT NOW!