PDA

View Full Version : Fire hose jeans I am a believer

mightymanx
23rd April 2012, 10:00 PM
Can't find the origonal thread.

I bought 3 pair because I destroyed my jeans in a month on the ship. And double fronts would bake me alive in the heat.

Man these things are comfy.

my only bitch is the thigh pockets are too big they come down to my knee caps and I am not rolling gangsta or any of that crap.

They also come in enough colors to wear every day in place of blue jeans.

I have not become such a strong believer in a product since I discovered anti-monkey butt powder.

solid
24th April 2012, 07:20 AM
Glad you like them. I agree the thigh pockets are quite large and a little too low. I tend to put gloves and safety glasses in those pockets. My first set of pants, two pairs, lasted 1 year. I sent them in, and Duluth sent me two new pairs, free of charge.

Their lifetime guarantee is real, easy, and hassle free.

palani
24th April 2012, 08:35 AM
Might be worth the trip. Their Mt Horeb, Wisconsin store is only a couple hours drive and House on the Rock is close as well.

horseshoe3
25th April 2012, 11:49 AM
I've worn out two pairs in a year as well.

The only problem I have with them is inconsistent fit. The first pair of dungarees fit excellent. The ones after that are tighter. I hope this is just inconsistency and not a planned attempt at saving material.

Also, the hammer loops are annoying. They stick out and grab things as I walk past. I wonder if I can cut them off without voiding hte warranty.

mightymanx
25th April 2012, 01:28 PM
Also, the hammer loops are annoying. They stick out and grab things as I walk past. I wonder if I can cut them off without voiding hte warranty.

They have styles without them. I am thinking of picking up a few pair of them for casual wear.

solid
25th April 2012, 07:24 PM
Also, the hammer loops are annoying. They stick out and grab things as I walk past. I wonder if I can cut them off without voiding the warranty.

I haven't had that problem with the hammer loops, but I would think you could cut them off without voiding the warranty. I really believe it's a 'no bull' warranty. That pants I sent in where in horrible shape, it was almost embarrassing..lol. I wonder if they have an award for who can destroy these pants the worst. :)

Personally, I truly believe in these pants and their warranty. I say cut off the loops if you don't like them. I doubt they would care. Try it with one pair and see. If I am wrong, I'll give you a guarantee (for one pair). If they give you any issues about it, let me know and I'll send you the price to replace that pair in 90% silver coin. Heck, I'm the guy who recommended these pants to begin with.

mightymanx
25th April 2012, 08:14 PM
Heck, I'm the guy who recommended these pants to begin with.

Yes, you are and you have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Hitch
23rd November 2014, 06:59 PM
Update on fire hose pants from Duluth Trading. I recently sent in 2 worn out pairs to be replaced. On their website, they don't even advertise the lifetime guarantee on these pants anymore. I sent them in anyway, expecting the worst.

They are honoring the guarantee and have shipped me two new free pairs. The catch was that I had to pay the difference in the rise in cost of the pants. I bought 2 pairs originally for $45 each. Now they are $65 each. 10 pairs later gettin' em' free, I had to pay the $20 a pair increase this time. So, I paid $40, $20 each pair, to have a new set of pants shipped out.

I'm not complaining, but thought I'd give you folks a heads up. Send in your old pairs, and keep doing it, even though the "no bull" lifetime guarantee is not advertised anymore. Heck, I've gotten 10 free pairs from them, to the point of me feeling guilty now sending my old pants in.

Half Sense
24th November 2014, 09:15 AM
I still have the 2 pairs I originally bought, the cargo pants and the Dockers-style chinos. The chinos are about the only long pants I wear, and they still are perfect and still look great. The cargo pants are generally too thick and heavy for my climate (Florida) but I like having them for winter and for SHTF.