PDA

View Full Version : What the World Eats

iOWNme
30th April 2012, 05:48 AM
Amazing Photos of What the World Eats

http://naturalsociety.com/amazing-photos-show-what-the-world-really-eats/

What do you and your family eat each week? You may be shocked to see the significant variation even between relatively ‘similar’ nations when it comes to diet. While many families within the United States and Mexico include fast food and soda into the core of their nutritional program, families from nations like Bhutan survive off of traditional base food items like vegetables and grains. It is easy to see why disease rates are skyrocketing in many developed countries, where nutrition (http://naturalsociety.com/nutrition/) is not held to a very high regard.
Amazingly, the United States also spends more on healthcare than any nation in the world. Despite spending $7,960 per capita, the United States has been ranked dead last (http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/23/us-usa-healthcare-last-idUSTRE65M0SU20100623) when it comes to the quality of care. The fact of the matter is that when food intake is ignored — along with the subsequent toxic ingredients that go along with the processed food (http://naturalsociety.com/major-find-processed-food-lowers-iq-in-children-nutritious-food-raises-it/) addiction — disease will arise. In the telling pictures below, taken from the book (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=hungry+planet%3A+What+the+world+eats&x=0&y=0) ‘Hungry Planet: What the World Eats’, you can see what the average family from each nation eats over the period of one week.
North Carolina, United States
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/usanorthcarolinaeat.jpg
This family from North Carolina eats a diet almost entirely of processed and pre-prepared foods with heavy amounts of junk and fast food. Consuming mostly sugar-laden ‘fruit’ drinks and mega-sized sodas from Burger King and McDonald’s, this average American diet will ultimately lead to chronic disease and rampant sickness. Some favorite foods include pizza and fast food.
Mexico
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/mexicofamilyeat.jpg
Families in mexico also tend to consume sugary sodas and processed foods, though their fruit and vegetable intake is higher than the United States families observed. The family lists their favorite food items as pizza, pasta, and chicken.
Canada
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/whatcanadaeats.jpg
Enjoying some of the same processed items as families from Mexico and the United States, Canadian families do consume processed chips and meats, though you will notice a more prominent display of vegetables and fresh fish on the table. An increased amount of yogurt and cheese is also featured.
Italy
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/whattheworldeatsitaly.jpg
Italian families enjoy their bread, pasta, and assorted fruits. With grains a major part of the diet, along with other carbohydrate-rich foods, Italian families tend to forfeit some meal options high in protein for ‘traditional’ Italian dishes like pasta with ragu. While many of these items are fresh or even baked at home, Italian families still consume large amounts of sodas like Pepsi. You can see that this family drinks about 6 larger-sized bottles per week.
China
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/chinadiet.jpg
This Chinese family prefers fried shredded pork with sweet and sour sauce, listed as their favorite dishes. Eating processed food items mixed with packaged meats and fish, this Chinese family eats more fruits than vegetables, and their produce selection is one of the smallest besides the United States.
Chad
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/whatchadeats.jpg
This family resides in the developing nation of Chad and spends only the equivalent of $1.23 per week on food to feed the entire family. Their favorite food is soup with fresh sheep meat.
Japan
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/whatjapaneat.jpg
It may surprise you, but this Japanese family consumes a diet high in processed junk and sugary treats. They list their favorite food items as cake, potato chips, and sashimi.
Germany
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/whatgermanyeats.jpg
This German family has adopted an American-styled nutritional regiment, stating that their favorite foods are pizza, vanilla pudding, fried potatoes, and fried noodles. You may also notice the largely increased amount of beer and other alcoholic drinks over the other nations.
Great Britain
http://naturalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/britaindiet.jpg
Spending over $250 per week on food, the average family in Great Britain is eating mostly processed meals and candy. This family’s preferred foods include chocolate fudge cake, mayonnaise sandwiches, and prawn cocktail.

iOWNme
30th April 2012, 05:51 AM
It appears that all of the developed world eats almost ALL processed foods, sugary drinks and candy/sweets. This must be a giant coincidence, right? I mean there is no way that people from all around the world went out and personally chose processed foods over natural foods, is there? :)

These pics will be shown in 50 years as to how humans cannot govern themselves, and how freedom was the cancer on society, not the global monopoly Elite.

Cebu_4_2
30th April 2012, 05:58 AM
Cut 'em off!

It appears that all of the developed world eats almost ALL processed foods, sugary drinks and candy/sweets. This must be a giant coincidence, right? I mean there is no way that people from all around the world went out and personally chose processed foods over natural foods, is there? :)

These pics will be shown in 50 years as to how humans cannot govern themselves, and how freedom was the cancer on society, not the global monopoly Elite.

JohnQPublic
30th April 2012, 06:49 AM

mamboni
30th April 2012, 06:53 AM
Dog meat good source of protein..........

http://gold-silver.us/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2729&d=1335793977

palani
30th April 2012, 06:56 AM
If I recall it has been said that eliminating all causes of heart disease will lead to about 2 years extended life span.

Imagine that! You give up eating all the things you enjoy so you can live an additional two years in a nursing home. If that's what you are about then good luck moving up because I am moving out.

mamboni
30th April 2012, 06:57 AM
The amount of processed crap people are eating is shocking. No wonder cancer rates are exploding. Anecdotally, I had a associate who traveled to Italy every year. She would always remark about how slim and handsome the Italians are despite a high carbohydrate-low protein diet. She said there is almost no obesity in Italy. Of all the diets in the OP, the Italian seems most healthy and balanced, though the Kenyan diet is higher is fiber and dog meat.

muffin
30th April 2012, 07:11 AM
The amount of processed crap people are eating is shocking. No wonder cancer rates are exploding. Anecdotally, I had a associate who traveled to Italy every year. She would always remark about how slim and handsome the Italians are despite a high carbohydrate-low protein diet. She said there is almost no obesity in Italy. Of all the diets in the OP, the Italian seems most healthy and balanced, though the Kenyan diet is higher is fiber and dog meat.

yeah but what about the japanese? they are a pretty thin people but they eat alot of processed food.

mamboni
30th April 2012, 07:13 AM
yeah but what about the japanese? they are a pretty thin people but they eat alot of processed food.

They smoke like frickin' chimneys and they eat fewer calories, crappy they may be.

Osaka
30th April 2012, 07:26 AM
Yep, can't eat dinner in Japan without the television being on.

Old Herb Lady
30th April 2012, 07:27 AM
People of the world eat food byproducts and think they're eating real food.
People of the world think because their belly is full that they are nourished.
People of the world are overfed & undernourished & then get sick & go to the doctors for medicine to get sicker & die.

Food is the FOUNDATION of HEALING & people of the world would rather eat poison cause it feels good & tastes better.

The orchestrators of such a grand scheme have done their job well.

vacuum
30th April 2012, 08:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr-qewC-4gY

Silver Rocket Bitches!
30th April 2012, 08:14 AM
though the Kenyan diet is higher is fiber and dog meat.

I heard a Kenyan talking about how a pitbull is delicious.

mamboni
30th April 2012, 08:21 AM
I heard a Kenyan talking about how a pitbull is delicious.

"Dog! It's what's for dinner!" Woof

chad
30th April 2012, 08:21 AM
i ate a piece of a dog once. tasted like steak.

mamboni
30th April 2012, 08:37 AM

That would make you a caninophagophiliac.

JJ.G0ldD0t
30th April 2012, 08:42 AM

you ain't right man..

chad
30th April 2012, 08:45 AM
you ain't right man..

worked at a science lab in college, bunch of korean guys worked there as well. they had this big party for something (can't remember what it was, some korean holiday). they got a dog from the pound and grilled it. i had to eat a piece of it to not be rude. wasn't bad.

solid
30th April 2012, 08:49 AM
worked at a science lab in college, bunch of korean guys worked there as well. they had this big party for something (can't remember what it was, some korean holiday). they got a dog from the pound and grilled it. i had to eat a piece of it to not be rude. wasn't bad.

Dog pound worker: "Which dog would you like sir?"

Korean guy: "Give me the biggest one you've got."

JJ.G0ldD0t
30th April 2012, 08:58 AM

Yeah.. asians can make anything taste good.

I guess if I was hungry enough :P

LastResort
30th April 2012, 10:10 AM

MMMM Sooooo derishos...

I had a friend about a month ago ask me if I like brown sugar on my grapefruit.... I was like wtf is wrong with you? Grapefruit needs no sugar...

mightymanx
30th April 2012, 10:22 AM

X2 Not strange, if you have spent time in Korea.

joboo
30th April 2012, 10:31 AM

Gov subsidizes all the core ingredients that comprise crap chemical food, and corps lobby for it.

This is why it's cheap. People opt for less expensive items that taste good, as it's made widely available, and promoted 24/7 everywhere you look.

Organic food, aka real food, is prohibitively expensive. Not seeing a lot of freedom in that equation.

joboo
30th April 2012, 10:35 AM
If I recall it has been said that eliminating all causes of heart disease will lead to about 2 years extended life span.

Imagine that! You give up eating all the things you enjoy so you can live an additional two years in a nursing home. If that's what you are about then good luck moving up because I am moving out.

Have fun with all the illness you experience getting close to that magic number.

Quality of life may be a subjective term for some.

palani
30th April 2012, 11:58 AM
Quality of life may be a subjective term for some.

Neither Jack La Lane nor Ewell Gibbons survived old age. Let me know the instant you do.

mamboni
30th April 2012, 12:04 PM
you ain't right man..

I read somewhere that if you ate the same amount of Chinese food as the average American then by age 40 you've consumed the equivalent of one chihuaha.

joboo
30th April 2012, 12:21 PM
Neither Jack La Lane nor Ewell Gibbons survived old age. Let me know the instant you do.

Two examples, but ever seen an obese old person? I haven't.

I bet they felt a lot better 99% of the time though, and I'd put money their kids have a much better chance at life as well, as well as their grandchildren.

It's proven science we are all keepers of the genome.

This fake food epidemic is rather new. I'd say your numbers are off due to lack of available data, but you're free to gamble your life on big corp looking out for your best interests. lol

solid
30th April 2012, 12:21 PM
I read somewhere that if you ate the same amount of Chinese food as the average American then by age 40 you've consumed the equivalent of one chihuaha.

That's it? By that time I'd think you'd at least achieved a golden retriever. Then, again, add in all the cats and other misc animals, it could be right.

mamboni
30th April 2012, 12:28 PM
That's it? By that time I'd think you'd at least achieved a golden retriever. Then, again, add in all the cats and other misc animals, it could be right.

Well, it was an obese chihuahua.:p

horseshoe3
30th April 2012, 12:40 PM
Organic food, aka real food, is prohibitively expensive.

Not when people get off their fat asses and grow a garden. For the amount of time most people spend watching American Idle, they could make a big improvement in their diet. Not to mention the added exercise.

muffin
30th April 2012, 01:17 PM
Not when people get off their fat asses and grow a garden. For the amount of time most people spend watching American Idle, they could make a big improvement in their diet. Not to mention the added exercise.

alright alright. i'll go plant my tomatoes...

joboo
30th April 2012, 01:24 PM

Vegetables sure, but take a look at organic meat prices. The fast food industry drives farming into the ground so they have no alternative to charge more for honest food, or go out of business.

People also need to change priorities, and vote with their money when it comes to their health.

Monsanto only placed it's first patent for seed in I believe 1981. It took some years to get the crops out there. 1990-95. That's essentially like yesterday.

zap
30th April 2012, 01:56 PM
I was looking to buy rib eye the other day,corn/grain fed was $11.28 a pound and grass fed was $28.00 a pound, damn ridiculous.

chad
30th April 2012, 02:14 PM
i haven't eaten meat since 1990, but my family does. we're lucky. there's a family run meat store here that only buys from local farms within 60 miles of where i live. it's so cheap it's almost free. i bought a pound of ground chuck, 3 pork chops, and a pack of brats the other day for $8 and change.

solid
30th April 2012, 02:29 PM
Threads like this actually make me very thankful for my Mom.

When I was very young, my younger brother was a sick child. No doctor could figure out what was wrong with him. They all wanted to give him different medications, nobody knew. My Mom would have none of it. She got wind of a book (I can ask her about it), regarding a natural diet. She then went and everything we ate was healthy from that point on. For years, no soda. The only candy we ate was during Easter. Everything homemade. Nothing processed. Back then it was easier to do that I suppose.

My brother got well. It was something he was eating that caused his issues. To this day, none of us have any health issues. Nothing, healthy as can be.

I truly believe it's what young kids are eating that are causing all these problems. Yet our corrupt evil system will never acknowledge it.

As you get older, I think you really get more and more grateful, thankful for your Mom.

Silver Rocket Bitches!
30th April 2012, 04:45 PM
I was looking to buy rib eye the other day,corn/grain fed was $11.28 a pound and grass fed was $28.00 a pound, damn ridiculous.

Reckless unabated printing of a currency will do that.

lapis
30th April 2012, 08:04 PM

Good suggestion. Another option is to join a local food-buying co-op.

i haven't eaten meat since 1990, but my family does. we're lucky. there's a family run meat store here that only buys from local farms within 60 miles of where i live. it's so cheap it's almost free. i bought a pound of ground chuck, 3 pork chops, and a pack of brats the other day for $8 and change.

W O W!!!!! I'm jealous.

Threads like this actually make me very thankful for my Mom.

When I was very young, my younger brother was a sick child. No doctor could figure out what was wrong with him. They all wanted to give him different medications, nobody knew. My Mom would have none of it. She got wind of a book (I can ask her about it), regarding a natural diet.

I wonder if it was an Adelle Davis book. You sure DO have a wonderful mother!

Mouse
30th April 2012, 10:53 PM
This family resides in the developing nation of Chad and spends only the equivalent of $1.23 per week on food to feed the entire family. Their favorite food is Anything that is not a mud patty.