30th April 2012, 09:42 AM
Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette

1/3 cup olive oil
Minced zest of 1 lemon
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Kosher salt

Whisk oil, zest, lemon juice, pepper, and Dijon in a bowl until blended. Season with the salt if desired.

Dry Italian Dressing Substitute

1 tsp garlic powder, black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder, dried parsley, sugar
2 tbsp oregano
1 tsp ground basil
¼ tsp thyme
½ tsp dried celery leaves

Mix ingredients and store in air tight container. Use in place of Zesty Dry Italian Dressing packet. To make dressing: Mix 2 tbsp of mix with ¼ vinegar, 2 tbsp water, and ½ - 2/3 cup olive oil.

Dry Ranch Dressing Mix

2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic and onion powder
½ tsp dried basil and pepper

Mix ingredients and store in air tight container. To make ranch dressing: whisk together 1/3 cup mayo with ¼ cup milk (more or less for consistency) with 1 tbsp of ranch mix. Season with salt to taste. Can be refrigerated for 3 days.

Taco Seasoning

¼ cup chili powder
1 tsp garlic and onion powder
½ tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp cumin
2 tsp sea salt
1tbsp+1tsp black pepper

Mix ingredients and store in air tight container.

Cajun Seasoning

2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp dried oregano, paprika
1 tbsp cayenne (cut in ½ for less spicy)
1 tbsp ground black pepper

Mix ingredients and store in air tight container.

S.O.S. (Soup or Sauce) Mix

2 cups dry milk
¾ cup cornstarch
¼ cup chicken bullion
2 tbsp dried onion flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)

Mix ingredients and store in air tight container. Equal to 9 (10.5 oz) cans of cream soup. To substitute for 1 can of cream soup: Combine 1/3 cup of dry mix with 1 & ¼ cup cold water. Whisk until well blended. Cook and stir on stove top o in microwave until thickened. Add thickened mix to casseroles as you would a can of soup.

Brown Gravy

½ cup butter
½ cup flour
1 clove of garlic
¼ cup ketchup
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 quart cold beef broth
Salt & black pepper to taste

In a saucepan, melt the butter over med-low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring for 5 minutes, until golden brown and smells like cooked pie crust. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in a cup of the broth and then add the rest of the ingredients, except salt and pepper. Bring to simmer while constantly whisking. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.

undgrd
30th April 2012, 10:32 AM
I don't have it on me right now but, I have a BBQ sauce I'll post up later.

muffin
30th April 2012, 01:24 PM
I don't have it on me right now but, I have a BBQ sauce I'll post up later.
yes please! i'm always looking for a good bbq recipe...

muffin
30th April 2012, 01:30 PM
i meant to add that the cajun seasoning recipe might be salty for your taste. i like to add only half at first and then more if i need....

milehi
30th April 2012, 04:10 PM
Carne Asada Marinade

1/2 c olive oil
1 c red wine vinegar
1 c lemon or lime juice. Please don't use that shit that comes in the plastic lemon or lime.
1/2 c freshly squeezed orange juice. Resist anything in a container.
1/4 c peeled fresh garlic, minced or chopped
1 1/2 tb white pepper
1 1/2 tb sea salt
2 tb ground cumin
2 tb chile powder, I use New Mexican
1 pinch of cayenne powder, or more if your guests can handle it.
1 tb Mexican oregano
1 tp ground cloves
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped, no stems
2 shots of tequilla, 1 for the marinade, and 1 (or more) for you, you magnificent bastard

Marinate, grill, and achieve hero status.

muffin
30th April 2012, 04:32 PM
what kind of steak? or does it matter?

MNeagle
30th April 2012, 04:41 PM
Or how much steak? That recipe looks big enough to marinate several pounds, at least, of meat!

Does time in marinade matter? Would overnight work? Or would it be too much/too intense?

milehi
30th April 2012, 06:34 PM
That marinade will cover up to six pounds of skirt steak. The longer it sits, the better, but not over a day and a half as it will start to come apart before you cook it. Next time I do this, I'm going to dehydrate some too and see how the jerky comes out. I'd like to try a batch of chile too with some leftover meat. It's good in omlettes. I slow cook it over mesquite, but gas is fine too.

muffin
30th April 2012, 06:41 PM
dangit. you're making my mouth water :)sal

lapis
30th April 2012, 07:31 PM
Yum! Great stuff here.

For a super quick Ranch-style dressing I like to mix kefir cheese, sour cream or Fage Total Greek yogurt with dry Italian herbs and some garlic salt. Goes well with baby carrots or celery for the kiddos.