PDA

View Full Version : 1st or 2nd degree burn sucks

Cebu_4_2
30th April 2012, 06:19 PM
was no blistering as the skin was gone, not bleeding but draining a bunch and not happy. Been trying to keep it out of dirt and stuff. On my leg about an inch from my balls, yes could have been a lot worse.

Over wheelied the kids minibike and rode the muffler for a second or two. He did tell me before I left to be careful. Who would have thunk that a minibike had so much f'kin power! Geez.

So far I covered the burn with peanut oil but still is draining. Wife taped some deal there that I attached to me balls, really sucks and I told her so, she says it is not taped to my balls but a mirror says other.

What else can I do so this thing can mend quicker than it is? I did surf the net but was pretty much non educational.

MNeagle
30th April 2012, 06:21 PM
PM the doc on board for a discreet answer pronto!

My sympathies...

BabushkaLady
30th April 2012, 06:21 PM
Aloe vera on burns works great. Go buy a plant and chop off chunks as you need them.

joboo
30th April 2012, 06:24 PM
You know it's bad when you need to double check in order to feel if something is taped to your balls.

{0}

willie pete
30th April 2012, 06:24 PM
silvadene cream 1%, but you need a Rx for it, nothing better for burns.....

Shami-Amourae
30th April 2012, 06:25 PM
Ever try aluminum foil?
http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/burns.html#ALUMINUMFOIL

You can make a hat with it when you're done.
;D

muffin
30th April 2012, 06:25 PM
i've heard honey is great...

http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Burn-Using-Honey

Old Herb Lady
30th April 2012, 06:39 PM
Plantain Poultice --- (very good to know for SHTF also........)

Second degree burn pretty much gone by next day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2fdYKLAXI

vacuum
30th April 2012, 06:42 PM
I've heard (raw) honey, also you can get a prescription for some paste that contains silver.

Book
30th April 2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first-aid-burns/FA00022

:) good info here

Cebu_4_2
30th April 2012, 06:46 PM

I have dried plantago that I use to boost my sons platelets, can I somehow use this stuff?

muffin
30th April 2012, 06:48 PM
we have about a million plantains out in the yard. you don't have them in your's, cebu?

Cebu_4_2
30th April 2012, 06:49 PM
I got silver stuff by the gallon, not worried about infection yet. Worried about the 3-4 weeks of bullshit pain that I am in store for. Would like to alleviate this soon. Don't really hurt if I don't sit or stand or lay down, not really bad but annoying.

Cebu_4_2
30th April 2012, 06:49 PM
we have about a million plantains out in the yard. you don't have them in your's, cebu?

We got michigan, we got rain or snow or tomato plants.

osoab
30th April 2012, 06:53 PM

I was looking for an old post of yours where you discussed this.

Glad you chimed in.

zap
30th April 2012, 06:53 PM
Get some cold on it, for hours....... not frozen just cold and aloe vera. I burnt my fingers not long ago, they bubbled up nicely, and I held frozen meat, back and forth to the freezer, for about four hours, and soaked them in aloe vera between holding the meat. Sorry for the pain !

MNeagle
30th April 2012, 06:57 PM
Don't really hurt if I don't sit or stand or lay down,

You can't sit, stand or lay down w/o pain, so what position are you in now??

ximmy
30th April 2012, 06:59 PM
Wife taped some deal there that I attached to me balls, really sucks and I told her so,

You know it's bad when you need to double check in order to feel if something is taped to your balls.

{0}

Do you really need to use the terms "suck" and "balls" in the same sentence... very inappropriate...

Old Herb Lady
30th April 2012, 06:59 PM
I have dried plantago that I use to boost my sons platelets, can I somehow use this stuff?

yes definitely, but the dried plantago is going to a require an infusion & then a homemade burn salve.
If you want me to post instructions on a homemade herbal burn salve with your plantago , let me know.
The quality of it has to be good, tho. Like is it green or brown, how old is it & was it stored in an airtight container, etc.
Fresh is going to be better. I've never had someone tell me they didn't have any plantain growing in their yard. That surprised me there for a second !

carpathian
30th April 2012, 07:05 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21XZ5-6x3wL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Medline-SilvaSorb-Wound-Ionic-Silver/dp/B002FP52AQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335837821&sr=8-4
http://www.amazon.com/Silvasorb-MSC9303EPH-Medline-SilvaSorb-Tube/dp/B0014ZW6UW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335837821&sr=8-1

they use this ointment in hospitals for burns

iOWNme
30th April 2012, 07:23 PM
Use Cannabis, its the Creators medicine.

Just rub a little on your balls, and you'll be fine.

Glass
30th April 2012, 07:24 PM
Cebu,

Grab some raw potato and put it over the burnt area. You can slice it or maybe grate it and make a pultice. It will releive pain very well and speed up recovery.

Osiris
30th April 2012, 07:47 PM

That sucks! I've been swimming the last two weeks.

Sorry to hear about your issues! Good luck! I've always found cold and aloe to work best for me.

Cebu_4_2
30th April 2012, 08:10 PM
yes definitely, but the dried plantago is going to a require an infusion & then a homemade burn salve.
If you want me to post instructions on a homemade herbal burn salve with your plantago , let me know.
The quality of it has to be good, tho. Like is it green or brown, how old is it & was it stored in an airtight container, etc.
Fresh is going to be better. I've never had someone tell me they didn't have any plantain growing in their yard. That surprised me there for a second !

Lets go with the burn salve. The plantago I have is supposed to be organic and is from Croatia if I remember correctly.

Sitting laying and standing suck, so yes this sucks. The missing skin is about 2 x 3 inches and right next to the family jewel bag so it's not in an area that I can ignore or that don't rub in clothes. Looked at the minibike and all thats on the muffler is looking like burned chicken skin. Probably mine too, did I mention this kinda sucks?

Libertytree
30th April 2012, 08:46 PM
Good gawd my man! Ohhhh fucking ouch! I hope one of these remedies from our locals has ya fixed up pronto.

Old Herb Lady
30th April 2012, 09:23 PM
Lets go with the burn salve. The plantago I have is supposed to be organic and is from Croatia if I remember correctly.

Sitting laying and standing suck, so yes this sucks. The missing skin is about 2 x 3 inches and right next to the family jewel bag so it's not in an area that I can ignore or that don't rub in clothes. Looked at the minibike and all thats on the muffler is looking like burned chicken skin. Probably mine too, did I mention this kinda sucks?

Cebu, it's after midnight & I have to go to bed now. You didn't tell me what your dried plantain looks like.
Is it green or brown and how old is it. Is it powdered or dried leaves ??

If it is dried leaves (and hopefully GREEN) then you can still make a poultice by adding some water to the plantain in a bowl & applying that to the burn.

If it is already powdered then you can make a quick ointment by slowly melting on VERY VERY LOW TEMPERATURE some coconut oil .
and then adding the powdered plantain. Mix it slowly, put it in fridge for couple minutes to cool down & harden back up and apply that to your burn.

I hope you feel better soon & it heals up quick.

Cebu_4_2
30th April 2012, 09:27 PM
Cebu, it's after midnight & I have to go to bed now. You didn't tell me what your dried plantain looks like.
Is it green or brown and how old is it. Is it powdered or dried leaves ??

If it is dried leaves (and hopefully GREEN) then you can still make a poultice by adding some water to the plantain in a bowl & applying that to the burn.

If it is already powdered then you can make a quick ointment by slowly melting on VERY VERY LOW TEMPERATURE some coconut oil .
and then adding the powdered plantain. Mix it slowly, put it in fridge for couple minutes to cool down & harden back up and apply that to your burn.

I hope you feel better soon & it heals up quick.

Oops sorry, its dried green leaves, not sure of age but it smells good, not like old grass clippings or anything like that. Ill try soaking some in the morning and applying it if I can stand it.

Old Herb Lady
30th April 2012, 09:35 PM
Oops sorry, its dried green leaves, not sure of age but it smells good, not like old grass clippings or anything like that. Ill try soaking some in the morning and applying it if I can stand it.

Cebu, the sooner you do it, the better , or else your going to risk a chance of infection and you sure as heck don't want that !!!!

ximmy
30th April 2012, 10:08 PM

Have your wife to crush 3 tomatoes into a poultice and apply to right ear, (it's ok if juice seeps into ear canal) lay on your left side four 4 hours.

BrewTech
1st May 2012, 06:26 AM
Back in 1994 I was hit in the leg with a stream of engine coolant (out of the engine, pre-radiator, 230 degrees) just after a smog test. Ended up with 2nd degree burn from just under my sack to my knee on the inside of my thigh. Went to the emergency near my house (after driving 25 miles, lol). The wound was debrided and treated with silvadene. Went back every morning for 4 days for a rewrap, then started whirlpool for a couple of days. By this time my leg looked like a peeled grape, and I couldn't really stand up on it. They wanted to try a treatment that was experimental at the time (at least that's what I remember - 3M says it's been around for 30 years... ?)and wanted to document the efficacy with pics. It was called Tegaderm - looked like clear tape that was applied directly to the wound.

Effective? Seventy-five percent healed in 3 days, and healed totally without scarring in two weeks.

Prior to treatment, they told me I would have permanent scarring and the hair likely wouldn't grow back. No matter how close you look, they isn't any sign that I was ever burned at all.

Amazing shit.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MSWC/Skin-Wound-Care/BrandsDirectory/Tegaderm/

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MSWC/Skin-Wound-Care/ProductDirectory/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U52300OBC0IEI3TR643482000000_nid=RQJB4LX RZ8beB385P3RT67gl

Large Sarge
1st May 2012, 10:45 AM
megadose vitamin C

http://www.rifeenergymedicine.com/vitaminc.html

also, the amino acid glutamine will help

willie pete
1st May 2012, 11:10 AM
Back in 1994 I was hit in the leg with a stream of engine coolant (out of the engine, pre-radiator, 230 degrees) just after a smog test. Ended up with 2nd degree burn from just under my sack to my knee on the inside of my thigh. Went to the emergency near my house (after driving 25 miles, lol). The wound was debrided and treated with silvadene. Went back every morning for 4 days for a rewrap, then started whirlpool for a couple of days. By this time my leg looked like a peeled grape, and I couldn't really stand up on it. They wanted to try a treatment that was experimental at the time (at least that's what I remember - 3M says it's been around for 30 years... ?)and wanted to document the efficacy with pics. It was called Tegaderm - looked like clear tape that was applied directly to the wound.

Effective? Seventy-five percent healed in 3 days, and healed totally without scarring in two weeks.

Prior to treatment, they told me I would have permanent scarring and the hair likely wouldn't grow back. No matter how close you look, they isn't any sign that I was ever burned at all.

Amazing shit.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MSWC/Skin-Wound-Care/BrandsDirectory/Tegaderm/

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MSWC/Skin-Wound-Care/ProductDirectory/Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U52300OBC0IEI3TR643482000000_nid=RQJB4LX RZ8beB385P3RT67gl

more than likely it was the Silvadene applied daily at regular intervals that prevented scarring, I've seen the results both personally and professionally, the tegaderm ,if not impregnated with some type of bacteriostatic, is mainly a sterile covering used on wounds, op sites and CVP line insertion points

skidmark
1st May 2012, 01:19 PM
Orajel will take the sting out of a minor burn, that is not its purpose but it works great when you have a burn in a spot that is not easily iced.

TheNocturnalEgyptian
1st May 2012, 03:08 PM
Colloidal silver is not just used to prevent infections. It will take the pain of the burn away.

Cebu_4_2
1st May 2012, 04:18 PM
Colloidal silver is not just used to prevent infections. It will take the pain of the burn away.

Yes it does! I soaked a bandage in it and taped it on, will change them out a few times a day.

BrewTech
1st May 2012, 06:15 PM
more than likely it was the Silvadene applied daily at regular intervals that prevented scarring, I've seen the results both personally and professionally, the tegaderm ,if not impregnated with some type of bacteriostatic, is mainly a sterile covering used on wounds, op sites and CVP line insertion points

Ok, well, regardless... the treatment program set forth for me by the folks at that hospital exceeded my (and apparently, their) expectations.

Oh, and I had several hot nurses. That was awesome.

Cebu_4_2
1st May 2012, 06:25 PM
Oh, and I had several hot nurses. That was awesome.

Had or did? I had many more nurses than I did.

Libertytree
1st May 2012, 06:38 PM

Are you self medicating? ;D

I have done did me a few nurses too, I had a couple others along the way too. 8)

BrewTech
1st May 2012, 06:41 PM

I didn't do any, but one got a little touchy/feely, the one who did the debridement, and subsequent silvadene dressings. She was cool... the kind of girl you could have a few beers with and talk about whatever. I had flowers delivered to her at work the end of the week.

The others were 19 or 20 something -year old nursing interns from the local university. They seemed a little nervous having to apply the tegaderm after my whirlpool session. They kept screwing it up and having to do it over again.

>:D

Libertytree
1st May 2012, 06:50 PM
A long time ago I had a testicular tortion, it reguired surgery and several days in the hospital being tended after. The 1st couple days I was too out of it to give or notice anything, the 3rd-4th days there were hot nurses tending my bandages and that's where things went awry...I tore my stitches open and it was a big ordeal.....after that night I never saw anyone under 60 again.

Awoke
1st May 2012, 07:09 PM
Polysporin. Clean bandage every day X 4.

Cebu_4_2
1st May 2012, 10:46 PM
A long time ago I had a testicular tortion

Egads man I never heard of such a thing until just now... rather have a burn.

Glass
2nd May 2012, 07:38 AM
The others were 19 or 20 something -year old nursing interns from the local university. They seemed a little nervous having to apply the tegaderm after my whirlpool session. They kept screwing it up and having to do it over again.

>:D

That sounds an awful lot like the plot from a Benny Hill episode.

Cebu_4_2
2nd May 2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Cebu_4_2
2nd May 2012, 12:23 PM
Okay now what? My gauze/bandage thing decided it wanted to become part of the healing thing.... this kinda sucks too.