PDA

View Full Version : It Is Not The Manner of the Romans

palani
2nd May 2012, 08:06 AM
Posted on another forum:

Jewish justice: "Doth our law judge any man, before it hear him, and know what he doeth?" (John 7:51)

Roman justice: "To whom I answered, It is not the manner of the Romans to deliver any man to die, before that he which is accused have the accusers face to face, and have license to answer for himself concerning the crime laid against him." (Acts 25:16)

U.S. justice: "Just kill him." (Obama administration)

But then the maxim goes : "Laws are silent in the midst of arm."

Following is a list of declared wars. There are two raised to this power undeclared wars.

The declared wars are
1) Civil War
2) Poverty
3) Drugs
4) Terror
5) Common Sense
6) Fathers
7) TOP (the other party .. either democrat or republican)
8) Environment (naturally occurring carbon)
9) Nature
10) Health
11) Education
12) Capitalism or Communism (either one .. they don't care much)
13) Cold War (the terrain just shifted)
14) Religion (or non-religion if that works)
15) Lawform (fiat necessary to conform to society needs)
16) Students (somehow student loans are in a different category from other loans)
17) Necessity (as the basis for ALL governments)

Hatha Sunahara
2nd May 2012, 09:04 AM
Are you implying that American justice is to 'shoot first and ask questions later.'?

The last item on your list--necessity--I remember in one of your posts you said that necessity is where the government pulls out the guns--it is the last justification for violence. Are you suggesting that there is a war on Necessity? Or even an undeclared war on Necessity?

Also, are you implying here that in the event of war, the civil laws are suspended? And that the nation descends into barbarism? Laws are silent in the midst of the arm. When you pull out the gun to shoot someone, the law has nothing to say until the deed is done? That perhaps the law protects no one? Or is that a stretch?

Hatha

palani
2nd May 2012, 10:18 AM
Are you implying that American justice is to 'shoot first and ask questions later.'? If so then the action does not fit the "justice" category.

The last item on your list--necessity--I remember in one of your posts you said that necessity is where the government pulls out the guns--it is the last justification for violence. Are you suggesting that there is a war on Necessity? Or even an undeclared war on Necessity? Rather a war OF necessity.

Also, are you implying here that in the event of war, the civil laws are suspended? Take the first one as an example (Civil War). The Supreme Court still functions as an Article III court but they are prohibited from proceeding as such. I suppose the reason for this is that this court to enforce its' judgments would be required to grab a rifle to do so. Hence, any article III action to hit their court immediately suspends all lower courts actions. Or so I have been told. These original jurisdiction actions simply keep getting added to the backlog without ever being decided.

And that the nation descends into barbarism? Isn't that what you are seeing in the end analysis?

Laws are silent in the midst of the arm. When you pull out the gun to shoot someone, the law has nothing to say until the deed is done? That perhaps the law protects no one? Or is that a stretch?
Action creates person. Law only acts on person(s). Until a person is created the law has no effect. In a general war there is only one law ... survival.

DMac
3rd May 2012, 06:57 AM
I think palani is pointing out that the current US regime has slipped lower in civility than both the old Jews and Romans.