PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul & Bernanke breakfast

DMac
10th May 2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/339674/20120510/ron-paul-bernanke-fed-gold-news-2012.htm

Has anyone seen some info about what this was all about? I am finding diddly squat so far.

What's next, Jesus and Satan meet for tea and crumpets?

???

BabushkaLady
10th May 2012, 07:48 PM
The meeting was certainly an odd one, as the two leaders are not exactly similarly-minded, as Ben Bernanke heads the Federal Reserve and the Texas Congressman led a hearing on Tuesday to consider proposals to end or overhaul the Fed.

The men made a "mutual" decision to speak with one another, according to Paul, who declined to comment on what exactly was said, as he told the Wall Street Journal that their discussion "was off the record. The Fed is not commenting on the meeting.

A little breakfast humor: Maybe the good Doctor was explaining which came first: The chicken or the egg.

Or maybe he was telling Ben not to count his chickens just yet . . .

Interesting meeting for sure DMac.

Libertytree
10th May 2012, 08:15 PM
This would seem to be the trillion dollar question!

If I had to bet on it though, Ben asked Ron what he should do next to try and avert being the guy left holding the bag causing the collapse. Then again...maybe ol' Ben had an epiphany, Freedom Is Popular!

mamboni
10th May 2012, 08:23 PM
Bernanke: Thank you for meeting me privately.
Paul: Always glad to be of service.

Bernanke: I don't need to tell you how bad things are. Europe is imploding.
Paul: Go on.

Bernanke: We are benefiting from the flight to perceived dollar safety, for now.
Paul: Yep.

Bernanke: But, the federal budget is cratering and there is no will in Washington to reign in spending.

Bernanke: Frankly, the bond market is hanging by a thread, and that's with the FED buying 80% of new debt.

Bernanke: I will have no choice but to institute QE3 and it will have to be massive to get any traction.
Paul: So, you've been printing all these months. Now you want to up the ante.

Bernanke: We are fearful of a spike in inflation. The effect on food and gas prices could spark civil unrest.
Paul: It's smoldering already.

Bernanke: Frankly, we don't think we can hold it together until after election day. Obviously, you are on the outside.
Paul: I think we can agree on something.

Bernanke: Well Obama or Romney, it's all the same to us. The thing of it is, this thing of ours is disintegrating and we can't stop it.
Paul: So you're an Austrian now?

Bernanke: Let's just say I'm a realist. I represent parties who see a potential for uncontrolled financial demolition.
Paul: They are afraid, finally.

Bernanke: Yes. I was asked to make a proposition to you.

Bernanke: Perhaps we could work together and you could help us make this paradigm shift...
Paul: You want me as point man when all hell breaks loose...

Bernanke: Frankly, yes. The usual puppet suit will not do it. And let's just say that a military dictatorship is a risk we don't want to take.
Paul: Because you and your friends don't own the military like you do congress.

Bernanke: Yes. But we need some assurence from you that if we support your election that we will have a voice at the table...
Paul: This sounds like a bribe Mr. Chairman.

Bernanke: Hardly. It is a bid, for a life insurance policy. We have our backs to the wall. We are in control of a runaway train. Now, we need an engineer, not a ticket puncher.
Paul: I appreciate the offer. But I am going to put my faith in the American people, not your friends' deep pockets.

Bernanke: We control the press, the media, the airways.
Paul: And your influence is waning fast, with the waning economy. The internet has dealt you and yours a mortal blow.

Bernanke: So what do you want?
Paul: Nothing, but your support. Support me because I am most qualified to lead at this time. But, understand, I make no promises to you and your friends.

Bernanke: Indeed you are a man of unshakable principle. They said you wouldn't budge.
Paul: I'm trying to save the country from the disaster you and your power-hungry friends have wrought. When the time comes and the tiller must be paid, you and your friends will have to return the pounds of flesh you have rendered. I can give you no absolution. Nor can I vitiate the wrath of the American people.

Bernanke: Then I suppose there is nothing more to discuss. I will relay your response to my associates.
Paul: Please do. There should be no misunderstanding.

Bernanke: Good day Congressman.
Paul: Good bye, Mr. Chairman.

JJ.G0ldD0t
10th May 2012, 08:50 PM
I can only hope that's what went down mamboni.

EE_
10th May 2012, 09:46 PM
Bernanke: Thank you for meeting me privately.
Paul: Always glad to be of service.

Bernanke: I don't need to tell you how bad things are. Europe is imploding.

Bernanke: We are benefiting from the flight to perceived dollar safety, for now.

Bernanke: But, the federal budget is cratering and there is no will in Washington to reign in spending.

Bernanke: Frankly, the bond market is hanging by a thread, and that's with the FED buying 80% of new debt.

Bernanke: I will have no choice but to institute QE3 and it will have to be massive to get any traction.
Paul: So, you've been printing all these months. Now you want to up the ante.

Bernanke: We are fearful of a spike in inflation. The effect on food and gas prices could spark civil unrest.
Paul: It's smoldering already.

Bernanke: Frankly, we don't think we can hold it together until after election day. Obviously, you are on the outside.
Paul: I think we can agree on something.

Bernanke: Well Obama or Romney, it's all the same to us. The thing of it is, this thing of ours is disintegrating and we can't stop it.
Paul: So you're an Austrian now?

Bernanke: Let's just say I'm a realist. I represent parties who see a potential for uncontrolled financial demolition.
Paul: They are afraid, finally.

Bernanke: Yes. I was asked to make a proposition to you.

Bernanke: Perhaps we could work together and you could help us make this paradigm shift...
Paul: You want me as point man when all hell breaks loose...

Bernanke: Frankly, yes. The usual puppet suit will not do it. And let's just say that a military dictatorship is a risk we don't want to take.

Bernanke: Yes. But we need some assurence from you that if we support your election that we will have a voice at the table...
Paul: This sounds like a bribe Mr. Chairman.

Bernanke: Hardly. It is a bid, for a life insurance policy. We have our backs to the wall. We are in control of a runaway train. Now, we need an engineer, not a ticket puncher.
Paul: I appreciate the offer. But I am going to put my faith in the American people, not your friends' deep pockets.

Bernanke: We control the press, the media, the airways.
Paul: And your influence is waning fast, with the waning economy. The internet has dealt you and yours a mortal blow.

Bernanke: So what do you want?
Paul: Nothing, but your support. Support me because I am most qualified to lead at this time. But, understand, I make no promises to you and your friends.

Bernanke: Indeed you are a man of unshakable principle. They said you wouldn't budge.
Paul: I'm trying to save the country from the disaster you and your power-hungry friends have wrought. When the time comes and the tiller must be paid, you and your friends will have to return the pounds of flesh you have rended. I can give you no absolution. Nor can I vitiate the wrath of the American people.

Bernanke: Then I suppose there is nothing more to discuss. I will relay your response to my associates.
Paul: Please do. There should be no misunderstanding.

Bernanke: Good day Congressman.
Paul: Good bye, Mr. Chairman.
-------------------------------
Bernanke: Oh, one more thing...
Paul: What?

Bernanke: You know many men your age have heart attacks all the time.
Paul: Are you threatening me?

Bernanke: Uh, no...just say'n
Paul: that's what I thought...but just in case, I have stashed rock solid evidence that Israel did 9/11 in many safe places that will only come to light upon my death. May God help you and your kind if it ever does!

Bernanke: Okay, go in peace my friend and know you will be safe as the next president of the United States.
Paul: Thank You and good day to you Sir.

Santa
10th May 2012, 09:47 PM

And why would that be? The military receives their perks from the same people congress does...

vacuum
10th May 2012, 10:04 PM
Bernanke to Congress: We're Much Closer to Total Destruction Than You Think (http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?60344-Bernanke-to-Congress-We-re-Much-Closer-to-Total-Destruction-Than-You-Think)

Neuro
12th May 2012, 02:55 AM
I think Bernanke gave Paul an offer he can't refuse!

jimswift
14th May 2012, 11:49 AM
I think Bernanke gave Paul an offer he can't refuse!

Must have given him something, he is suspending campaigning: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/05/14/ron-paul-statement-on-campaign-going-forward/

JohnQPublic
14th May 2012, 11:53 AM
Must have given him something, he is suspending campaigning: http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/05/14/ron-paul-statement-on-campaign-going-forward/

wow. just wow.

JohnQPublic
14th May 2012, 11:59 AM
He is not dropping out of the race. He is just not spending more money:

Ron Paul Statement on Campaign Going Forward

“We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.” – Ron Paul

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement to supporters and the general public concerning the continuation of his historic bid for the GOP nomination.
The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
Below please find comments from Congressman Paul:
“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.
“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.
“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.
“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.
“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.
For Liberty,
Ron Paul.”

Awoke
14th May 2012, 11:59 AM
That link is blocked, so please post the pertinent details.

My take on their conversation:

Bernenke: Ron, stop now.
Paul: No.

Bernenke: The satanic cabal is so deply rooted that you will die horribly.
Paul: Many good men have died against evil throughout history.

Bernenke: Ron, your family will all suffer horribly as well, for the next 10 generations. Fifty percent will die a horrible and painful death. I was told to give you this last chance.
Paul:..........

JohnQPublic
14th May 2012, 12:06 PM
That link is blocked, so please post the pertinent details.

My take on their conversation:

Bernenke: Ron, stop now.
Paul: No.

Bernenke: The satanic cabal is so deply rooted that you will die horribly.
Paul: Many good men have died against evil throughout history.

Bernenke: Ron, your family will all suffer horribly as well, for the next 10 generations. Fifty percent will die a horrible and painful death. I was told to give you this last chance.
Paul:..........

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?61087-Ron-Paul-Throwing-in-the-Towel

mamboni
14th May 2012, 12:10 PM
He is not dropping out of the race. He is just not spending more money:

Ron Paul Statement on Campaign Going Forward

“We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.” – Ron Paul

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement to supporters and the general public concerning the continuation of his historic bid for the GOP nomination.
The statement tees up forthcoming information the campaign will release concerning its fruitful delegate-attainment strategy still occurring at delegate-selection events such as state conventions ahead of the Republican National Convention in Tampa.
Below please find comments from Congressman Paul:
“As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.
“This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.
“Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.
“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.
“I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved – become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.
For Liberty,
Ron Paul.”

Perhaps this is a smart tactical move. Anyone whose going to vote for Paul has already decided by now. And he'll have enough delegates to force a brokered convention vote. At that point, he's in the game and he can win it all.

This thing is far from over.

President Paul...has a nice ring to it........President Ron Paul...yeah, that's the ticket!

vacuum
14th May 2012, 12:12 PM
Perhaps this is a smart tactical move. Anyone whose going to vote for Paul has already decided by now. And he'll have enough delegates to force a brokered convention vote. At that point, he's in the game and he can win it all.

This thing is far from over.

President Paul...has a nice ring to it........President Ron Paul...yeah, that's the ticket!
Good point. This could cause Romney people to not even bother with the whole primary thing.

Neuro
14th May 2012, 12:23 PM

Damn! Surreal!

mamboni
14th May 2012, 12:43 PM

He's out of money. He's not quitting the race. He's resting the bench for the playoffs, that's all.

Book
14th May 2012, 12:52 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m34kcotZ931r0y5wpo1_500.jpg

Time to lay down and take his nap.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Smileys/GeezerSmiley.gif ...just like last time

horseshoe3
14th May 2012, 12:58 PM
I miss the smite button.

Book
14th May 2012, 12:59 PM
http://www.esquire.com/cm/esquire/images/yS/esq-occupy-wall-street-food-101211-xlg.jpg

If you're worried about how the Occupy Wall Street protesters are eating, you'll be relieved to hear that everybody seems to be making due just fine. The thousands of disgruntled banker-haters that have made a temporary home down in Zucotti Park are dining on pizza, sandwiches from Katz's Deli, and falafal-and-cucumber salad, according to Jeff Gordinier of The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/12/dining/protesters-at-occupy-wall-street-eat-well.html). They're also receiving loads of eclectic, food-pantry-style donations — random vegetables (naturally), oatmeal, canned soups, and Goldfish crackers. It's not exactly the kitchen at Martha Stewart's farm in Bedford — dumpster diving is reportedly involved — but everyone is getting fed.

Good points out (http://www.good.is/post/watch-your-mouth-the-protest-food-of-occupy-wall-street/) that counterculture movements tend to have a signature dish, and Occupy Wall Street has yet to find one (a local pizza joint is offering a $15 Occu-Pie with a "Ghostbusters-style slash symbol arranged on the top in a ring of pepperoni," maybe that's a candidate?). Signature dish or no, Gordinier calls the food ethos in Zucotti Park "box-to-table communal scavenging," which actually sounds like a pretty great way to sum things up, which is to say not in too much of a Sunday Styles kind of way.

Of course, kitchen volunteers are pretty limited in their oeuvre, what with the lack of refrigeration and the illegality of, you know, fires in parks. They're relying mostly on takeout, either ordered and dispatched by kind strangers or paid for directly with cash donations, and are now actively exploring the idea of renting a kitchen space. As you can imagine, this is a group that skews heavily vegan, anti-big-agriculture, and anti-packaged-food-giant, so they've had to let some of their food principles slide for the larger goals of... hmmm. Well, I'm told there are actual demands down there (http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/occupy-wall-street-demands-6506089).

::) Occupy Wall Street also fizzed out after they ran out of free pizza

mamboni
14th May 2012, 01:07 PM
i miss the smite button.

lol....2793

joboo
14th May 2012, 03:09 PM
Time to lay down and take his nap.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Smileys/GeezerSmiley.gif ...just like last time

Funny guy. I can't handle the optimism you exude.

Libertytree
14th May 2012, 03:17 PM
Ron Paul has NOT suspended the campaign!!

That being said, there is no doubt the $$ are drying up, even in the midst of our winning the delegate wars. He will NOT suspend or withdraw, he's simply letting the grassroots do it on their own with very little help from the top. He cannot lead insurgents into Tampa but they CAN lead him into Tampa and already have set this scenario up, bu virtue of having a 6 state plurality. He knows he can't/won't ask those state activists to back down but he also won't discourage them either.

JDRock
14th May 2012, 04:35 PM
or..
Ben; " your a smart man paul, you KNOW how this thing is going to end, do you REALLY want to be sitting in the oval office when it does??"

Paul ; " the people at large are too stupid to even ask the right ?s , much less percieve the correct answers..."

Ben : So lets leave it in the hands of romybama and laugh as they take the hit"

Paul : hell, YOU had better not be in town when it does"

Ben ; ill be in israel by then.

joboo
14th May 2012, 04:47 PM
Rumor has it half way through the meeting RP started openly referring to BB as "Bitch Tits", and insisted on a double order of bacon on his BLT.

Book
14th May 2012, 05:51 PM
...he's simply letting the grassroots do it on their own with very little help...

::)

Libertytree
14th May 2012, 06:10 PM
::)

If I had a Mr Tater head toy I'd make one with a rolling eyes expression and I'd sit it on the table here in front of me, I might even have a few beers and a shot or two in the process but it'd also get knocked down off its perch, kicked..ooops, surely poked with toothpicks, given a plastic heart (sorry, souls aren't my department) and generally tell it that it was a PITA and to fuck off. Then when I was really bored I'd throw it away.

Book
14th May 2012, 06:27 PM
...he's simply letting the grassroots do it on their own with very little help...

::) astonishing denial

Heimdhal
14th May 2012, 06:35 PM

Its exactly what he did in '08 where he donated a massive amount of money to really get The Campaign For Liberty up and running. They had a very strong hand in the early tea-party and a lot of fresh blood in congress in 2010.

I see nothing wrong with that happening again. I personaly believe Paul never REALLY expected to get the nomination either time (now or 08) and this was always the plan.

Cebu_4_2
14th May 2012, 06:42 PM
Publicity stunt?

MSM acknowledges that he was in a campaign. People are saying wow he WAS running? Why did MSM not let me know. Then as they want more information they hear the truth and know he is still running. Then perhaps MSM will cover the real story (doubtful).

Blink
14th May 2012, 06:47 PM
Ben got all nostalgic and played a video of the JFK assassination for Ron, to lighten the mood while they dined..............

Libertytree
14th May 2012, 08:12 PM

And what have you ever done for the freedom movement, except for bash it? You're a sorry excuse for a human being, let alone an American, but I am rather heartened that at least you're prolly a lazy assed o/mitty man. RP is toast and there's no need to fight for what little you believe in any more, go back to tending to those eyes, they roll so much it's spooky.

madfranks
14th May 2012, 08:23 PM
or..
Ben; " your a smart man paul, you KNOW how this thing is going to end, do you REALY want to be sitting in the oval office when it does??"

Paul ; " the people at large are too stupid to even ask the right ?s , much less percieve the correct answers..."

Ben : So lets leave it in the hands of romybama and laugh as they take the hit"

Paul : hell, YOU had better not be in town when it does"

Ben ; ill be in israel by then.

The scary thing is you are probably more correct than you know. Folks, just consider what would happen if RP gained the presidency. Then the system collapses and everyone blames the first free market, austrian economic minded executive we've had in generations. That would be the death knoll for the freedom movement.

Cebu_4_2
14th May 2012, 09:19 PM
The scary thing is you are probably more correct than you know. Folks, just consider what would happen if RP gained the presidency. Then the system collapses and everyone blames the first free market, austrian economic minded executive we've had in generations. That would be the death knoll for the freedom movement.

I'm sure they can let it roll another 4 years.

D sciple
14th May 2012, 09:55 PM
Bernanke: Whelp Ron, I don't think we're going to need you after all. I think we can keep the system going business as usual. Apparently they don't have a backbone, so..looks like they'll bend over for a few more strokes from the current angle.

Paul: Meh, whatev. My swiss bank account is still getting funded right, I mean you better not Jew me.

Bernanke" LOL, nah we got you bro. We could never have pawned these donks so hard without Masonic help. Obviously we didn't need you this time...but we prepare for all scenarios. Lol, we just print it anyway remember!

Paul: Cool cool, yea acting is hard anyway, and a few more mil for winning, false revolution, raped from different angle etc. isn't that worth it.. See you at the "eyes wide shut" orgy tonight?

Bernanke: No doubt bro. You better get there before me cuz my surgeon just added 3 in. of girth homey! Those girls are going to look like an Arby's sandwich after I get up in thurrr.

Book
14th May 2012, 10:17 PM
And what have you ever done for the freedom movement, except for bash it?

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/224/507852182_c3f2e2bd33.jpg

Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street, Ron Paul bumper stickers...

::) ...and tee-shirts are Freedom?

solid
14th May 2012, 10:25 PM
Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street, Ron Paul bumper stickers...

::) ...and tee-shirts are Freedom?

Special Agent Book.

This is not some job flipping burgers at the local drive in.

Yes! Your posts bother me. Yes! Your approach to this whole ******* forum bothers me. ...and Yes! You bother me!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh0KcpYeMVQ

Book
14th May 2012, 11:09 PM
This is not some job flipping burgers at the local drive in.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.yuku.com/image/jpg/5ff364df6ab6f4427edeabe7ed4d56b7be401d8e_r.jpg

Serpo
14th May 2012, 11:22 PM
Bernanke slips Ron Paul some devils breath drug at breakfast time and tells him to quit,...........

D sciple
15th May 2012, 12:00 AM
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2449/masonpaul.jpg

^^my work :)

Awoke
15th May 2012, 04:31 AM
And what have you ever done for the freedom movement, except for bash it? You're a sorry excuse for a human being, let alone an American Israeli Provocateur

Fixed.

JDRock
15th May 2012, 06:09 AM
Franks, i couldnt agree MORE! Remember hoover's protectionist policy got blamed for the depression? ...when protectionism was exactly what we needed and still need. Yeah "they" control the timing of the collapse so also, WHO gets the blame.

mick silver
15th May 2012, 06:23 AM
the writing have been on the walls for months now for all to see ... time is shorter then most will see

Horn
15th May 2012, 06:28 AM
Bernanke: Ron, of course each converted Masonic paper dollar will be worth its weight in Gold when I'm thru. Do you really want to be in front of my wheels when I change the wording on the bills, or should we just let the black guy look responsible for the ensuing chaos?

mick silver
15th May 2012, 06:32 AM
ONE MAN cannot win freedom for us all . the power has taken over this country and there no way a peacful man can beat them . and mr paul know this and most will learn it also . i seen this coming when i stop giving to mr paul a few months back

chad
15th May 2012, 06:40 AM
bernanke breakfast and then paul's campaign suddenly over? paul got told.

mick silver
15th May 2012, 06:58 AM
The Fed: Mend It or End It?

(http://www.thedailybell.com/3887/Ron-Paul-The-Fed-Mend-It-or-End-It)Tuesday, May 15, 2012 – by Ron Paul
http://www.thedailybell.com/images/library/Ron%20Paul.jpg (http://www.thedailybell.com/3887/Ron-Paul-The-Fed-Mend-It-or-End-It)
Ron Paul

Last week I held a hearing to examine the various proposals that have been put forth both to mend and to end the Fed. The purpose was to spur a vigorous and long-lasting discussion about the Fed's problems, hopefully leading to concrete actions to rein in the Fed.
First, it is important to understand the Federal Reserve System. Some people claim it is a secret cabal of elite bankers, while others claim it is part of the federal government. In reality it is a bit of both. The Federal Reserve System is the collusion of big government and big business to profit at the expense of taxpayers. The Fed's bailout of large banks during the financial crisis propped up poorly-run corporations that should have gone under, giving them a market-distorting advantage that no business in the United States should receive. The recent news about JP Morgan is a case in point. JP Morgan, a recipient of $25 billion in bailout money, recently announced it lost another $2 billion. If a corporation shows itself to be a bottomless money pit of "errors, sloppiness and bad judgment," the Fed shouldn't have expected $25 billion in free money to change that or teach anyone a lesson in fiscal discipline. But it determined that this form of deliberate capital destruction was preferable to one business suffering bankruptcy. Clearly, some changes need to be made.

Awoke
15th May 2012, 07:13 AM
First, it is important to understand the Federal Reserve System. Some people claim it is a secret cabal of elite bankers, while others claim it is part of the federal government. In reality it is a bit of both. The Federal Reserve System is the collusion of big government and big business to profit at the expense of taxpayers.

Umm, as far as I understand it, the FED is purely a private entity that is 100% profit based. Their main customers may be government, and some of their owners may be polititians, but I don't think the FED is government at all.

In fact, the government can't even audit the FED. (Or at least couldn't a while ago)

mick silver
15th May 2012, 07:24 AM
not being able to audit the fed does not mean it not part of the government , there no part of the gov we can see . just what they want us to see