PDA

View Full Version : How Horrific Will It Be For The Non-Prepper?

Canadian-guerilla
13th May 2012, 07:23 AM
This article has been made available by regular SHTFplan contributor Be Informed.

Editor’s Note: You have no doubt had your own set of issues dealing with friends and family members that simply don’t see the writing on the wall. The following article may serve to assist you in convincing those who simply don’t know, don’t want to know, don’t care, or have never even thought to contemplate. Some of the scenarios outlined below may be frightening, as they should be, because when it hits the fan millions of people will be thrown into desperation with no hope of a solution. Be Informed provides a variety of point-by-point details that may (and hopefully will) convince the non-prepared individual to at least insulate themselves with the basic necessities. The consequences for not doing so, as you’ll see, are severe and often deadly.

How Horrific Will It Be For The Non-Prepper?

I have become personally so disenchanted with the way people fail to prep. People still don’t understand how important it is to put away. I have gotten into arguments over this and had cretins call me a fool because I put away food, water, and supplies. I thought about this and the frustration that other preppers have with this laid back idiotic attitude that there is no need for preparation. There are good people that just can’t/won’t start preparing. They have the money to do so, but just don’t want to. Many have only seen what happens to non-preppers on TV, but it still doesn’t make an impact.

more . . .

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/how-horrific-will-it-be-for-the-non-prepper_05122012

i don't know what i like more about this site
the articles or the wisdom in the comments

Spectrism
13th May 2012, 09:07 AM
The stupid choices of people not prepping and even ridiculing those who do- this is what hardens me to remember that the hard times will be coming to well-deserving fools as well as the others. Disaster is coming to Amerika and Europe.... just as it has already to many places. Helping others after they have done nothing to prepare is not part of my plan. I will find ways to make a decent bargain if I have what someone else wants.

Book
13th May 2012, 09:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

:)

gunDriller
13th May 2012, 10:24 AM
i think it will be a little like the baby chicken in Horn's Avatar. except the cat won't be patting it on the head. the cat will be rubbing its belly and burping up chicken feathers.

i would say we are already well into TSHTF period of time, but that we're not quite at the "guts hanging out" phase.

i think it will be horrific even for preppers, at times, if nothing else because of what we/they have to watch.

for non-preppers, it will be a "Four Horse-men" situation. escape via suicide will probably appear to be the logical choice for many of them. they will have great difficulty visualizing, finding, and creating a clear path to safety.

Sparky
13th May 2012, 05:44 PM
Rather than explain to non-preppers how horrific it will be when there are shortages of food and water and supplies and power, it would be much more useful to explain some plausible scenarios as to why that could happen. For example, why would we lose power? Why would the grocery stores be empty? If those things came to pass, why wouldn't they simply get fixed, the way they are after all disasters? It's a valid question on their part.

D sciple
13th May 2012, 08:30 PM
Does the J team prep?

Are there a ton of GIM1 or whatev, Jews or Masons who buy gold coins and such?

solid
13th May 2012, 10:21 PM
If you have family that may not prep enough, if you think, you could prep for them. What I mean, is by asking for their help. I have stuff stored at various family members houses. What I did was add some preps to that storage. Like an ark bucket, for example, that ximmy recommended, from costco.

The family members are helping me out, and I thank them. Also, if SHTF, they know that anything I've stored with them is theirs to use if needed...they find a bucket of food. :) It's a win-win.

Twisted Titan
14th May 2012, 03:39 AM
Some of the comments in that thread are pricelless.......

Here’s a little nasty truth. Those that refuse to prep will be considered by the government as disposable population. Harsh but its true, and we know it! The government, when it hits the fan will slither back in their protected sanctuaries and not give a flying dam as to what is happening outside, no matter what. They will have theirs and “fuck you, I have mine.” They know there are a large useless group of eaters out there and that’s how they are viewed realistically.

This article in my view doesn’t go far enough, by a long shot. It speaks of fecal smells. What about decomping corpses? Where did they come from? They starved to death. Died of dehydration, mortal wounds, infections, violence, and suicides. And who will give a shit? Very dam few if any. Its all part of the game, as unimaginable as it seems, this is just a game too some. The way some think, better you than me. Sucks to be you!

Case and point. You hear of a bomb going off somewhere in a distant land killing say 70 people. You hear about it on the nightly news, did you give it a second thought? Most likely not. Same thing here, to them (our government) they couldn’t care less. Their just spending money making a living and you are just some kind of troublesome number (maybe) on an Excel spreadsheet. One less mouth to feed and to listen too.

The “eater” group, some of them most likely will be baited and used, in any form. (Carrot on a stick effect). Wanna eat? Go clean that mess up over there. Most likely some unsavory nasty thing you couldn’t pay somebody to do. Think a little here. When they found Auschwitz, who stacked the bodies like cord wood?

If this goes off as we think it might. Humans will be traded off like cattle. You, your wife, and your kids. And nobody but you will give a shit. Nobody!

You had better grow a set of nuts, and buck up. If you don’t want to take care of yourself and your family, nobody will and nobody will care. Its up to you!!

Awoke
14th May 2012, 05:07 AM
Great post, TA. You nailed it man.

When I first started prepping, people thought I was nuts. Now people tend to nod in agreement/approval. Some people are starting to sense that it's going to get ugly.

SLV^GLD
14th May 2012, 06:01 AM
TBH, I expect it to be more horrific for the prepper.

The prepper will be sticking around for the aftermath. The non-prepper dies off in the first wave or two.

The prepper dies too, it just takes longer and requires more struggling.

The sad part of it is, the non-prepper is the demise of both himself and the prepper. If we were all preppers the majority of final scenarios would be mitigated.

Canadian-guerilla
14th May 2012, 06:27 AM
i do believe there will be a BIG die off of NP's
we need a thread just for the " dead bodies " question

Spectrism
14th May 2012, 09:39 AM
i do believe there will be a BIG die off of NP's
we need a thread just for the " dead bodies " question

This concept is probably so far from being conscionable for most people that it would seem ridiculous. For most people I know, to even suggest this would get me locked up. I suggested something far less than this to co-workers a while back and they thought I was a nut.

I think the shock of reality will take a deadly toll for some. Others might surprise us with their adaptability.

Sparky
14th May 2012, 10:05 AM
This concept is probably so far from being conscionable for most people that it would seem ridiculous. For most people I know, to even suggest this would get me locked up. I suggested something far less than this to co-workers a while back and they thought I was a nut.

I think the shock of reality will take a deadly toll for some. Others might surprise us with their adaptability.

I don't think there will be a big die off. But I don't think you're nuts for considering the possibility.

Thinking about your last statement, and the reason I don't think there will be a big die off: I think you'll find that many non-preppers are adaptable. More than half, I'd say.

Plus, most preppers have a circle of non-preppers that they'll be willing to support. If it comes to a SHTF situation, they'll have your full attention and cooperation.

I only see a potential "die off" situation if there's some physical disaster, like a widespread nuclear or chem-bio event, as opposed to a financial or monetary event. I think the latter will mostly result in a change of standard-of-living. The human race has survived thousands of years without the food and power distribution systems of today, or the many luxuries that we take for granted every day, like refrigeration or automobiles. And we'd be starting from a knowledge base that they didn't have.

Awoke
14th May 2012, 11:07 AM
A "big die off" is one of their main focuses. SHTF is just one of the many ways they are implimenting a die off.
Georgia guidestones, my friends. Georgia Guidstones.

Now go get your Reptile flu vaccination, or whatever they call it this year.

Twisted Titan
16th May 2012, 01:14 PM
Just takking a W.A.G. (wild @$$ guess)

I would put it 1/3 of the US population being wipped out just on shock and logistics when it dawns on them that this is really happening ...no more delivery trucks bringing butternut ice cream and band -aids what you have is it. ( I see the fat,old, very young and infirmed being in this catagory)

The next third I see some how making it past the intial shock phase be hook or by crook or just dum luck.....for them it will horrifc demise as they will see humanity in a way that truly boggles the mind and will scare the psyche for the rest of their hard,brute short lives.

The last third a see as preppers and they have enough supplies or tradeable skillsets that can get them to point that humanity starts to rebuild itself anew i see very strong local communities uprising that wont take sh!t off of nobody.

ximmy
16th May 2012, 01:21 PM
The last third a see as preppers and they have enough supplies or tradeable skillsets that can get them to point that humanity starts to rebuild itself anew i see very strong local communities uprising that wont take sh!t off of nobody.

These are the ones TPTB and their remaining forces will come after to subdue and enslave again... The war could last for years... it won't be pretty

Twisted Titan
16th May 2012, 02:40 PM
These are the ones TPTB and their remaining forces will come after to subdue and enslave again... The war could last for years... it won't be pretty

They are fighting for power and control.

We are fighting for loved ones and way of Life.

Which ever side has the stronger resolve will be The writers of Future History

ximmy
16th May 2012, 09:54 PM
Wall Street Banks Secretly Build The World’s Largest Private Army

Wall Street banks have secretly taken over US firearms and ammunition manufacturers and the world’s largest mercenary firms in a stealth build up private military force.

A Daily KOs article reveals that Wall Street banks have used private equity firms to acquire and launch a massive stealth takeover of private security firms, US ammo and gun manufacturers, uniforms, silencers and an army of mercenaries to build what amounts to the world’s largest private army.

At the same time the private mercenary companies they now control, which include the likes of Dynacorp and the notorious name changing Blackwater/Xe Services/Academi, have been authorized under Department of Defense DIRECTIVE NUMBER 3025.18 to actually conduct policing operations inside the United States.

The article reveals Citi Bank, Bank of America, Barclays, and Deutsche Bank have provide huge amounts of funding to two private Wall Street equity firms, Cerebus and Veritas Equity, which in turn have used umbrella companies such as Freedom Corp., to engage in stealth takeovers and weapons stockpiling which has consumed the likes of several gun manufacturers and ammunition manufacturers including Remington, Cobbs, H&R, Marlin, Dakota, and Bushmaker.

Furthermore, the same private equity firms have taken over companies involved in the “crowd control industry”.

One such example is CPI which manufacturers microwave and radio frequency crowd control pain inducers similar to the US Military’s heat gun which has been mentioned for deployment to control Occupy protestors.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/05/16/guess-buying-americas-firearms-bullet-manufacturers-133981/

Horn
17th May 2012, 12:29 AM
creating a clear path to safety

Clear path is one foot in front of the other, there will be pockets of decay but areas where a "normal" existence is possible.

Non-preppers will need to move & will be trained to such, preppers trained to sit, and wait.

Either has its pitfalls.

gunDriller
17th May 2012, 06:40 AM
actually, i think prepping right now is a significant part of the economy.

people buying land, power systems, water storage, bulk food, tools, backup systems of various kinds.

chad
17th May 2012, 09:13 AM
Wall Street Banks Secretly Build The World’s Largest Private Army

Wall Street banks have secretly taken over US firearms and ammunition manufacturers and the world’s largest mercenary firms in a stealth build up private military force.

A Daily KOs article reveals that Wall Street banks have used private equity firms to acquire and launch a massive stealth takeover of private security firms, US ammo and gun manufacturers, uniforms, silencers and an army of mercenaries to build what amounts to the world’s largest private army.

At the same time the private mercenary companies they now control, which include the likes of Dynacorp and the notorious name changing Blackwater/Xe Services/Academi, have been authorized under Department of Defense DIRECTIVE NUMBER 3025.18 to actually conduct policing operations inside the United States.

The article reveals Citi Bank, Bank of America, Barclays, and Deutsche Bank have provide huge amounts of funding to two private Wall Street equity firms, Cerebus and Veritas Equity, which in turn have used umbrella companies such as Freedom Corp., to engage in stealth takeovers and weapons stockpiling which has consumed the likes of several gun manufacturers and ammunition manufacturers including Remington, Cobbs, H&R, Marlin, Dakota, and Bushmaker.

Furthermore, the same private equity firms have taken over companies involved in the “crowd control industry”.

One such example is CPI which manufacturers microwave and radio frequency crowd control pain inducers similar to the US Military’s heat gun which has been mentioned for deployment to control Occupy protestors.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2012/05/16/guess-buying-americas-firearms-bullet-manufacturers-133981/

i frequent my local hardware store about 5 times a week. every time i go, i always buy a 50 round box of .22LR. the price has been going up EVERY WEEK for the last 6 weeks or so.

SLV^GLD
17th May 2012, 01:01 PM
i frequent my local hardware store about 5 times a week. every time i go, i always buy a 50 round box of .22LR. the price has been going up EVERY WEEK for the last 6 weeks or so.

Nah, the proprietor sees you walk in and switches out the sign real quick. Stop buying for a couple weeks and see if it falls. :)

chad
17th May 2012, 01:59 PM
Nah, the proprietor sees you walk in and switches out the sign real quick. Stop buying for a couple weeks and see if it falls. :)

hmm, you may be on to something there.

D sciple
17th May 2012, 02:47 PM
Ammo=the real gold

edit - meh, I guess gold is good too...

singular_me
26th May 2012, 09:09 AM
I only see a potential "die off" situation if there's some physical disaster, like a widespread nuclear or chem-bio event, as opposed to a financial or monetary event. I think the latter will mostly result in a change of standard-of-living. The human race has survived thousands of years without the food and power distribution systems of today, or the many luxuries that we take for granted every day, like refrigeration or automobiles. And we'd be starting from a knowledge base that they didn't have.

um-um... dont forget HAARP-made disasters... they have everything to kill off millions of people...

Mouse
28th May 2012, 10:45 PM
um-um... dont forget HAARP-made disasters... they have everything to kill off millions of people...

What does this have to do with the quoted material? Unless you are talking about a space-time continuum disruption caused by HAARP (which has been proposed), any HAARP induced disaster would be a physical disaster.