PDA

View Full Version : Donna Summer dead

undgrd
17th May 2012, 10:52 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/donna-summer-dead-disco-singer-loses-battle-with-cancer-at-age-63

Disco icon, Donna Summer, is dead. The singer lost her battle with cancer on Thursday morning. The legend is said to have believed she got cancer after breathing in toxins after 9/11. :(??

According to TMZ, Summer, a five time Grammy winner, was at home in Florida at the time of her death.

Donna Summer shot to fame in the 1970’s with disco hits such as “Last Dance,” “Hot Stuff,” and “Bad Girls.”

In the 80’s she continued her chart toppers with “She Works Hard For The Money,” and “This Time I Know It’s Real.”

In 1980, Summer married Brooklyn Dreams singer, Bruce Sudano. The couple have two daughters together.

Celebrities remember Donna Summer on Twitter

Fans have already begun to pay their respects on Twitter and other social networking sites. Meanwhile, Donna’s celebrity fans are saddened to hear the news of her tragic passing.

"R.I.P Donna Summer...I remember roller skating to hits like "Last Dance" "Hot Stuff" & "Bad Girls." Synonymous with the 70's," Mario Lopez wrote.

osoab
17th May 2012, 10:57 AM
I care more about my morning constitutional.

mamboni
17th May 2012, 11:01 AM
During Med School, I used to hump with the nurses like a rabbit to her tunes: "Aaaaahhh, love to love you baby, aaahhhh, love to love you baby" still gives me wood.

RIP Donna Summer.

undgrd
17th May 2012, 11:24 AM
I care more about my morning constitutional.

I posted because I thought some would find the bold portion interesting.

Sorry to interrupt your crap
;)

osoab
17th May 2012, 11:43 AM
I posted because I thought some would find the bold portion interesting.

Sorry to interrupt your crap
;)

It's well past morning now. I will let you know if tomorrow's is interrupted. ;D

I did notice the bold part. Seems odd to add that in to an quasi obituary.

ximmy
17th May 2012, 09:37 PM
During Med School, I used to hump with the nurses like a rabbit to her tunes: "Aaaaahhh, love to love you baby, aaahhhh, love to love you baby" still gives me wood.

RIP Donna Summer.

LOL... it appears she could use her voice eloquently for more than just singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ArZEFwRsY

undgrd
18th May 2012, 05:23 AM
So...osoab...how's the plumbing?

[{p**p}]

:o

D <---)

osoab
18th May 2012, 05:54 AM
So...osoab...how's the plumbing?

[{p**p}]

:o

D <---)

Working fine, ate a head of lettuce (last one from my garden) last night. Works just fine. ;D

Twisted Titan
18th May 2012, 09:16 AM
I hope they pay better homage to The Queen of Disco over the Queen of Crack

Osiris
18th May 2012, 09:40 AM
I hope they pay better homage to The Queen of Disco over the Queen of Crack

Good point! But doubtful I think.