General of Darkness
26th May 2012, 06:58 PM
We're fucked.

In Texas, 7 In 10 Children Under Age 1 Are Minorities

May 18, 2012
Christian McDonald and Juan Castillo

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/_client_common/images/news/texas-lg.jpg
Advertisement

For the first time, as of 2011, more than half of the children under age 1 in the U.S. were minorities, the newest benchmark illustrating the widening age gap between mostly white, older Americans and fast-growing, younger minority populations, particularly Hispanics.

Minorities under age 1 eclipsed 50 percent (50.4 percent), from a 49.5 percent level recorded by the 2010 census.

"The growth in minority populations is a national phenomenon," said Steve Murdock, director of the Hobby Center for the Study of Texas at Rice University. "That is different from a couple of decades ago, when we would have seen much more of it in Texas and California and in states with significant Hispanic populations."

In Texas, nearly 7 in 10 people under age 1 were minorities as of July 2011, a slight increase from 2010, according to new census estimates out today. The data, covering the period from April 2010 to July 2011, are the first set of population estimates by race, Hispanic origin, age and sex since the decennial census. The Census Bureau said it defines a minority as anyone who is not single-race white.

Demographers have said for some time now that they expect racial and ethnic minorities will become the U.S. majority by midcentury. Texas became a majority-minority state in 2004, and in 2010, Hispanics accounted for 65 percent of the state's growth since 2000.

According to today's census data, Hispanics remained the nation's largest minority group in 2011, at 52 million. They also were the fastest growing; their numbers increased 3.1 percent since 2010, and Hispanics now constitute 16.7 percent of the U.S. population.

African-Americans were the second largest minority group, at 43.9 million. At 18.2 million, Asians were the second fastest-growing minority group, with a 3 percent increase since 2010.

The Census Bureau said there were 114 million minorities in 2011, or 36.6 percent of the nation's population. In 2010, that figure stood at 36.1 percent.

The newest census estimates expand on data released last month that put the Austin metro area's surging population at 1.78 million, an increase of more than 67,230 people since the 2010 census. Travis County had the majority of that gain, with 38,858.

In the Austin metro area, which also includes Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays and Williamson counties, Hispanics (42 percent) and non-Hispanic whites (39.8) accounted for the overwhelming majority of the region's population increase for the 15-month period after the 2010 census. African American and Asian populations also increased.

"That's a continuation of the trend we saw in the 2000s," said Ryan Robinson, demographer for the City of Austin.

Non-Hispanic whites remained the majority in the metro area, accounting for 54.3 percent of the population in 2011, compared with 54.9 percent in 2010.

In Travis County, the non-Hispanic white percentage of the population decreased, from 50.7 to 50.3.

If those trends continue, Travis County could become a majority-minority county within the next two or three years, Robinson said.

Murdock, a former Census Bureau director, said that trends in Travis County are better seen over a longer sweep of time, noting that in 2000, Travis County was 56 percent Anglo and 28 percent Hispanic. In 2000, Asians accounted for about 4.4 percent of the county's population; they now account for about 5.8 percent, he said.

Among other highlights from today's census estimates:

-- The nation's population younger than age 5 was 49.7 percent minority in 2011, up from 49 percent in 2010.

-- In the Austin metro area, Hispanics accounted for 67 percent of the increase among children under age 5, from April 2010 to July 2011. They accounted for 46 percent of the population under age 5 in the metro area; non-Hispanic whites accounted for 39 percent.

"Our young population is becoming overwhelmingly Hispanic," Robinson said. "That's significant, and it points to education (http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/education/)al and social service needs. It points to a very different future than what we've had in the past."

Carl
26th May 2012, 07:03 PM
I'd say it's a good time to drop that whole idiotic "minority" mime and make them all Americans....

General of Darkness
26th May 2012, 07:06 PM
I'd say it's a good time to drop that whole idiotic "minority" mime and make them all Americans....

And then what? Mexicans build Mexicos, Negros build Africa.

zap
26th May 2012, 07:18 PM
Jez, I would say get out there...... all you young white men and start breeding.

General of Darkness
26th May 2012, 07:26 PM
Jez, I would say get out there...... all you young white men and start breeding.

Actually I have the means to knock up a few white ladies to make some kids, but for what? I think it would be irresponsible to bring a child into this world RIGHT NOW with what's going on around us. Just my humble opinion.

Carl
26th May 2012, 07:29 PM
And then what? Mexicans build Mexicos, Negros build Africa.

What mexicans do in Mexico or negros do in Africa is their business, but if they're here in the U.S., then they obviously want to be Americans and as such, they should be held to the same standard as you or me. I don't owe the jack and it pisses me off to no end that I'm forced into caring for them just because they carry the political title of "minority".

General of Darkness
26th May 2012, 07:36 PM
What mexicans do in Mexico or negros do in Africa is their business, but if they're here in the U.S., then they obviously want to be Americans and as such, they should be held to the same standard as you or me. I don't owe the jack and it pisses me off to no end that I'm forced into caring for them just because they carry the political title of "minority".

That's a fucking lie. Negros act like negros no matter what piece of land they're standing on, and mestizos are very nationalistic and have no desire to be good Amerikwans. I consider these people to less human than myself, and while that might sound fucked up, but it's reality. Name on thing, OTHER THAN A BURRITO that either of these groups of people have created that's benefited them, their people or anyone else.

solid
26th May 2012, 07:37 PM

I agree with Carl. No more 'minority' bullshit status. Shit or get off the pot. A black dude (questionable) is president. No more whines, cries, or victim blubbering from those assholes about it. If you are a turd, you are a turd, regardless of your skin color. No more shaming, or placing blame, towards others.

Carl
26th May 2012, 07:48 PM
That's a fucking lie. Negros act like negros no matter what piece of land they're standing on, and mestizos are very nationalistic and have no desire to be good Amerikwans. I consider these people to less human than myself, and while that might sound fucked up, but it's reality. Name on thing, OTHER THAN A BURRITO that either of these groups of people have created that's benefited them, their people or anyone else.

They act like that because the government protects them as "political minorities". In the real world, without those special protections, they'd be just as American as you or me, or they'd be dealing with the consequence.

That's the way it was not too long ago.

General of Darkness
26th May 2012, 07:55 PM
They act like that because the government protects them as "political minorities". In the real world, without those special protections, they'd be just as American as you or me, or they'd be dealing with the consequence.

That's the way it was not too long ago.

The problem with your argument about "THE REAL WORLD", this is the fucking real world, they are a protected class, not only that but they're the jews pet. The minority is what's giving the parasitical jew more power while they destroy this country. Do you people not see that?

Book
26th May 2012, 08:02 PM
"TEXAS"http://www.libertasfilmmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/alamo04_cast.jpg

http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/emoticons/rolleyes/images/emrolleyes11.gif

Horn
27th May 2012, 01:03 PM
And has the most vibrant economy in the nation currently.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Johnny_Appleseed_1.jpg

willie pete
27th May 2012, 04:53 PM
we've already been warned that by the year 2040, hispanics will be the majority