PDA

View Full Version : End Of The Road Film - How Money Became Worthless‏

General of Darkness
3rd June 2012, 10:13 AM
EDIT 6-4-12

I downloaded then just now re-uploaded it as unlisted to youtube, so UNLESS you have the LINK, you can't view it or search for it. Dunno how long it will stay up.

[Note: The producer of the film is writing to me about copyright infringement. Do not post copyrighted material here.] JQP

Shami-Amourae
3rd June 2012, 10:54 AM
Damn, it's already been removed.

old steel
3rd June 2012, 11:16 AM
Will my grub, guns, gold, ammo and land become worthless too?

General of Darkness
3rd June 2012, 11:29 AM
Damn, it's already been removed.

I still have the link in another tab, I'll try to re-upload.

old steel
3rd June 2012, 05:55 PM
You can watch it here for the one time low price of $4.99 USD. --)

http://100thmonkeyfilms.com/endoftheroad/

General of Darkness
4th June 2012, 07:55 PM
EDIT - I uploaded it back to youtube. If they delete my account because of this I'm going to fucking be pissed.

collector
4th June 2012, 07:57 PM
EDIT - I uploaded it back to youtube. If they delete my account because of this I'm going to fucking be pissed.

Just got it - you're awesome - THANKS !!

Golden
4th June 2012, 08:18 PM
Just got it - you're awesome - THANKS !! +1!

Shami-Amourae
4th June 2012, 08:50 PM
Downloading your copy now off of YouTube. You should consider posting the file on a website like sendspace.com (http://www.sendspace.com/).

General of Darkness
4th June 2012, 09:03 PM
Downloading your copy now off of YouTube. You should consider posting the file on a website like sendspace.com (http://www.sendspace.com/).

If your downloading it, why don't you upload it?

Shami-Amourae
4th June 2012, 09:52 PM
If your downloading it, why don't you upload it?

Because you have a higher quality version. Every time you upload the video to YouTube the quality diminishes. You probably have a 2nd generation copy. I would have a 3rd generation copy. A copy of a copy of a copy is a lower quality copy.

Carl
4th June 2012, 10:10 PM
I don't know why you guys think this video is important, they're just selling that same old hyperinflation story.

I guess they want to scare people into spending what little savings they have left.

vacuum
4th June 2012, 11:11 PM
I was a little disappointed in this video for the following reasons:

Pretty much the entire film was about gold and how it is the end-all-be-all solution to all our problems. I know some agree with this, but most people understand that the people don't have gold. Almost all the gold is probably owned by large, private, wealthy people who may perhaps "lease" it, or maybe not. But it's definitely not in the houses lining my street. A gold standard would mean they have all the money. When their gold started running out after ruling for a sufficient amount of time, they'd simply re-introduce a fiat system and repeat the cycle.
The film talked about hyperinflation as the certain death of the dollar, and how we'd be plastering our walls with it and heating our homes with it. However, the issue is that all of our money is digital and we don't have much paper at all. In order for 300 million + 7 billion people to be plastering their walls with dollars...that would be a lot of printing.
They did not seem to grasp, or at least convey, that the US dollar would be the last currency to fail. They made it sound like we could implode at any minute and and such an event would "hurt" other economies. What really has to happen is that all other currencies must collapse first until we finally fall and bring what's left of the whole world with us. Inflation always happens last in the country of origin of the reserve money.
Pretty much zero mention of silver. I don't think silver was ever mentioned at all except for the phrase "gold and silver". No mention of how much more sensitive it is and how it's not hoarded in massive supply.
Very little mention of fractional reserve banking and usury, and how it fits in to money booms and busts. And that goes for gold-backed money as well. They start off with Nixon and by saying "August 15, 1971...." as if everything before then was just perfect.
They made it sound like the financial collapse was not the end of the world and probably not even the end of the US. They made it sound like humanity would finally be free and things would start getting better. This is kind of true, however no mention was made about WWIII or how countries might react when governments are in a fight for continuity and survival.

Some things I liked about the film however were it's description of the history of the gold standard and how the US became the reserve currency. Also they had good basic information like what is a ponzi scheme, and how do dollars come into existence (kind of. They left out the whole part about banks making the money...they made it seem like it came directly from the fed).

Carl
5th June 2012, 03:43 AM
Thank you vacuum for that post

That is a succinct summation.

Plus they conflate money and credit, which are two totally different things.

Golden
5th June 2012, 06:21 AM
Thank you vacuum for that post

That is an succinct summation.

Plus they conflate money and credit, which are two totally different things. +1!