PDA

View Full Version : I bought a Gun

old steel
17th June 2012, 05:28 PM
Another one to add to the collection but it doesn't work. It's one of those new Marlins made by Remington.

An 1894 in .44 magnum. Damn thing only chambers 1 round outta 5 or 6 so i took it back and they told me oh we'll send it away and get it fixed up for you.

That was 2 months ago so i check back in on it and they tell me oh these things take time it can take a year before they send it back.

I'm like WTF?

Ever heard of anything like this in your life? A freaking year to fix a gun?

Then they told me they want me to pay the shipping on the gun when it's fixed. $40.00.

I think i want my money back.

What would you do?

General of Darkness
17th June 2012, 05:30 PM
Canadians can own guns? Who knew?

old steel
17th June 2012, 05:35 PM

Oh when it comes to firearms this is one fucked up country, come to think of it it's one fucked up country anyway you look at it.

osoab
17th June 2012, 05:42 PM
before you shipped it back you should have asked some board members at the minimum or checked through some lever action boards.

Did the chambering issue only happen with one type of ammo? That would have been my first thing to check.

old steel
17th June 2012, 05:48 PM
They want to have total control up here.

The other day i run across this nice colt AR 15 HBAR and it's like brand new maybe a box of shells through it the owner says but up here it's a restricted firearm so you need the restricted license to own it.

Anyways i make the deal and phone the RCMP with the reference number to arrange pickup.

So the officer at the end of the line says oh your range pass has expired so i'm not going to authorize the purchase until you renew your range pass.

You see you can only shoot restricted firearms up here on a range not on your own land or anyone else's land.

You also have to have the firearms double locked when transporting it to the range and back cause God forbid it might decide to do something along the way.

They you need papers to say you are authorized to transport the firearm to and from the range and you need the registration certificate for the firearm showing the serial number and that you are the registered owner.

This is just some of the bullshit we put up with here.

old steel
17th June 2012, 05:52 PM
No the internal lever stops before the round is chambered. Most of the lever action Marlin firearms made since Remington took over are crap cause they moved the factory and a lot of the older experienced employees who put them together wouldn't make the move. The new parts aren't machined like the older pre Remington Marlins so they have a problem.

osoab
17th June 2012, 06:00 PM
No the internal lever stops before the round is chambered. Most of the lever action Marlin firearms made since Remington took over are crap cause they moved the factory and a lot of the older experienced employees who put them together wouldn't make the move. The new parts aren't machined like the older pre Remington Marlins so they have a problem.

I am sooooooo glad that my 45-70 and 357 were made in North Haven. :D

osoab
17th June 2012, 06:06 PM
So, they are saying that it is going to take a year to get back? Have you pestered Freedom Group to no end to get your firearm fixed and returned to you asap?

I would start at the top and make your self a severe annoyance.

old steel
17th June 2012, 06:11 PM
So, they are saying that it is going to take a year to get back? Have you pestered Freedom Group to no end to get your firearm fixed and returned to you asap?

I would start at the top and make your self a severe annoyance.

Yep i'm going back to raise some hell but these Marlin lever action .44 magnums are rare birds up here very hard to get your hands on a good one.

I can't go out and buy another one, none around.

old steel
17th June 2012, 06:23 PM

Yea my 1894C and my 3030 SS were made in Connecticut and are fine, no problem.

Tumbleweed
18th June 2012, 06:46 AM

Maybe you were just lucky;) I bought a 45-70 that was made in North Haven and it wouldn't load the cartridges either. The gun shop I bought it at sent it back for repair and I think it took a couple of months to get it back. Didn't cost me for the shipping and it works fine now;D

horseshoe3
18th June 2012, 06:55 AM

Says the Californian.

undgrd
18th June 2012, 07:41 AM
Have you considered a Henry?

willie pete
18th June 2012, 10:03 AM
why do you want a rifle that shoots a pistol cartridge? :rolleyes:

osoab
18th June 2012, 10:19 AM

Because it is a good companion with a revolver? Granted, I don't think I would fire a 45-70 pistol very often if I had one.

old steel
18th June 2012, 01:43 PM

Continuation of ammo.

Cebu_4_2
18th June 2012, 03:13 PM
I have a WWI Remington .380 I was looking to sell, the thing works great with Remington ammo which is rare here in the .380. Anything else I use will be way off target and get like 2 duds out of each 10 I try to fire. That makes the thing useless IMO. People sell the remington stuff at 4x the cost of anything else which is why we decided to go CZ82s. Hmmm don't I have a video of these deals?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cggp6iHCUuo&feature=plcp

hoarder
18th June 2012, 03:45 PM
.44 magnum cartridges used in rifles should use slower burning powder than .44 Magnum used in revolvers. If you use regular pistol ammo in a rifle it will kick like a mule.