PDA

View Full Version : AMEX cardholders to get perks at Pearson Airport

freespirit
24th June 2012, 07:55 AM
A new deal between American Express and Pearson International Airport will allow card holders to skip long security lines at Canada's largest airport

- do they think that terrorists couldn't possibly get an amex card??

http://travel.sympatico.ca/TravelNews/Articles/AMEXCardholdersToGetPerksAtPearsonAirport

If you’re looking for a reason to sign up for an AMEX card, here’s a big one.
American Express Canada cardholders flying through Toronto’s Pearson International Airport will be able to enjoy an array of exclusive perks thanks to a new collaboration between American Express and Pearson that was announced just this week.
The biggest perk? Being able to skip long lines for security clearance at the airport. Starting later this year, terminals 1 and 3 at Pearson will roll out fast-track priority lanes for use by AMEX clients, allowing cardholders to jump the notoriously long queues at Canada’s largest airport.
Complimentary valet services and a 15 percent discount on express and daily parking will also be a part of the package, as well as designated taxi and limousine lines.
Cardholders already enjoy perks at Toronto’s Pearson airport that include access to premium lounges such as the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge.
And if you’re not an American Express cardholder, you’ll still be able to enjoy a brand new perk – free airport wide Wi-Fi sponsored by American Express.
About 33 million travellers go through Canada’s largest airport every year, spending about 2.5 hours on the premises on average.
Will you sign up for an American Express Canada card to enjoy these new perks? Share your comments below.

...from the comments:

-I think this is ludicrous!! This sounds like Amex cardholders are more honest than the rest of us simple Mastercard or Visa members. Leave it to the idiots from Transport Canada at the GTA zoo to come up with something like this. There must have been a huge kickback involved here! What makes more sense to me would be to have cardholders of Enhanced Driver's Licenses, CANPASS, NEXUS, or similar programs to get a cursory exam with security through designated lanes. Anyone with a criminal record or past enforcement with CBSA cannot be members of these programs. Otherwise, there is no security. I wouldn't want to be on a plane with someone like Luka Magnotta just because he has an Amex card.

Cebu_4_2
24th June 2012, 08:30 AM
That wont last long IMO.

freespirit
24th June 2012, 08:32 AM
i hope your right, Cebu...

helluva tool to further separate the classes, though...

Cebu_4_2
24th June 2012, 08:51 AM
I can't get an AMEX cause of my credit score, well be it the same for most all other cards too. $^^^$

PlatinumBlonde
24th June 2012, 09:00 AM
i hope your right, Cebu...

helluva tool to further separate the classes, though...

Dudes, please, it was ALWAYS about the money..

Twisted Titan
24th June 2012, 11:56 AM
I think.small private carriers like leer jets and cessna's are going to.explode in popularityThat is the only way I would fly nowadays

freespirit
24th June 2012, 12:36 PM
Dudes, please, it was ALWAYS about the money..

most likely, but not exclusively, imo

Gaillo
24th June 2012, 01:34 PM
Dudes, please, it was ALWAYS about the money control..

Fixed that for you.

PlatinumBlonde
24th June 2012, 02:01 PM
Fixed that for you.

It is about the money or else the AmEx BS would have never seen the light of day..

It's a matter of time before one can pay 100 bucks a year to Uncle Sugar to bypass TSA gropping. As a matter of fact I believe I've seen that idea floated before but I never saw that it gained traction...yet.

freespirit
24th June 2012, 02:59 PM
It is about the money or else the AmEx BS would have never seen the light of day..

It's a matter of time before one can pay 100 bucks a year to Uncle Sugar to bypass TSA gropping. As a matter of fact I believe I've seen that idea floated before but I never saw that it gained traction...yet.

you don't wanna know how far into your personal lives you would have to let the fuckers before they would even consider taking your $100....