PDA

View Full Version : How You Are Released On Bail by the Traffic Coppiceman

palani
25th June 2012, 03:08 PM
So sayeth Georgia and I suppose it works this way in all of the other states. The drivers license when handed to a police officer is the agreement to enter into a bail agreement that is voided when you don't show up (aka dishonor).

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-6/article-1/17-6-11/

(a) ... upon being served with the official summons issued by such apprehending officer, in lieu of being immediately brought before the proper magistrate, recorder, or other judicial officer to enter into a formal recognizance or make direct the deposit of a proper sum of money in lieu of a recognizance ordering incarceration, may display his or her driver's license to the apprehending officer in lieu of bail, in lieu of entering into a recognizance for his or her appearance for trial as set in the aforesaid summons, or in lieu of being incarcerated by the apprehending officer and held for further action by the appropriate judicial officer. The apprehending officer shall note the driver's license number on the official summons. The summons duly served as provided in this Code section shall give the judicial officer jurisdiction to dispose of the matter.

(b) Upon display of the driver's license, the apprehending officer shall release the person so charged for his or her further appearance before the proper judicial officer as required by the summons. The court in which the charges are lodged shall immediately forward to the Department of Driver Services of this state the driver's license number if the person fails to appear and answer to the charge against him or her. The commissioner of driver services shall, upon receipt of a license number forwarded by the court, suspend the driver's license and driving privilege of the defaulting person until notified by the court that the charge against the person has been finally adjudicated. Such person's license shall be reinstated if the person submits proof of payment of the fine from the court of jurisdiction and pays to the Department of Driver Services a restoration fee of $50.00 or $25.00 when such reinstatement is processed by mail.

Cebu_4_2
25th June 2012, 03:19 PM
And if you don't produce a license your going to be in deep shit.

Xizang
25th June 2012, 03:21 PM
So that's how Blacks and Mexicans avoid going to jail or court: They don't have driver's licenses to hand over to the nice officer.

palani
25th June 2012, 03:26 PM
And if you don't produce a license your going to be in deep shit.
If not engaged in commercial driving then you may produce it or not. By all means produce it if you care to engage in a bailment.

palani
25th June 2012, 03:27 PM
So that's how Blacks and Mexicans avoid going to jail or court: They don't have driver's licenses to hand over to the nice officer.

The idea is to make money. There is no injured party in most of these traffic stops. If there is no account established to bill then how they going to make any money?

Hatha Sunahara
25th June 2012, 05:35 PM
Can you just hand over your library card as a form of identification, and tell the cop you aren't engaging in commercial use of the roads, and that you have the inalienable right to travel? Wouldn't it get very expensive to incarcerate traffic offenders who do not produce a driver's license? They might have to stop enforcing traffic 'laws' when they fill up the jails.

We wouldn't have this kind of predatory 'policy' enforcement if people knew their rights and the law. It makes total sense that they avoid teaching people about their rights in schools, but instead teach people that authority is the law, and not the other way around.

Hatha

palani
25th June 2012, 05:51 PM
Can you just hand over your library card as a form of identification, and tell the cop you aren't engaging in commercial use of the roads, and that you have the inalienable right to travel?

Coppicemen are tough negotiators. Ultimately their goal is to establish a voluntary contract. It is not just about who you are by ID but how you behave in front of presumed authority. They like to see if you can hold your mud.

You are entitled to due process. Due process is notice and right to inquire. Notice might be complete or incomplete. For example, coppiceman says "I observed you making an illegal left turn." This is the notice phase. Your response "Who are you?" Cite Hiibel vs Nevada ... when an ID is requested it must be produced. Take it from there because right to inquire is not limited to one question. The next one might be "Could I have a copy of your oath and bond?" Make sure every sentence has a question attached. You don't get to go to hearing until you have received an answer to each of your questions.

Skirnir_
25th June 2012, 06:46 PM
This matter is entirely theoretical. If in practice someone attempted this sovereign citizen baloney with a goon, they would suffer arrest and numerous charges. Rothbard said the state is a gang of thieves writ large, the goons are there to be a visible presence to keep the people in line and shake them down. What the regime says the law is, that is what it is in practice; they have the gun and, as Cicero put it, infinite funds that comprise the sinews of war.

I just don't drive any more, that solved almost everything.

Uncle Salty
25th June 2012, 06:52 PM
This matter is entirely theoretical. If in practice someone attempted this sovereign citizen baloney with a goon, they would suffer arrest and numerous charges. Rothbard said the state is a gang of thieves writ large, the goons are there to be a visible presence to keep the people in line and shake them down. What the regime says the law is, that is what it is in practice; they have the gun and, as Cicero put it, infinite funds that comprise the sinews of war.

I have seen cops break car windows and taser dudes who do not comply with requests.

It's all fun and games on the internet, but in reality, cops can be thugs.

Skirnir_
25th June 2012, 06:54 PM
I have seen cops break car windows and taser dudes who do not comply with requests.

Even more tragic is when one raises the issue of goon-on-mundane violence, I observe in their reactions what appears to be a very nasty case of Stockholm Syndrome.

I should also note that to say such things are requests is hilariously euphemistic.

palani
25th June 2012, 07:17 PM
This matter is entirely theoretical. Yet you have the Georgia code in front of you to explain how the engine operates under the hood.

Should you present a drivers license upon request whether you drive or not is irrelevant. It is the same engine operating under the same hood.

palani
25th June 2012, 07:19 PM

Check out the legal maxim "NECESSITY IMPORTS PRIVILEGE". Once the topic of an action being a NECESSITY is brought up they are telling you they can kill you with impunity. Once they get into this mode either prepare for war or give up.

palani
25th June 2012, 07:25 PM
I should also note that to say such things are requests is hilariously euphemistic.

I gather from this statement that 1) you believe your consent is not needed to contract and 2) you don't have a clue as to what constitutes due process.

Understand I do not advocate walking up to a coppiceman and initiating casual conversation. They give you notice whether complete or partial and they are endowing you with a right to ask questions. You never had this right before notice was given. How you handle your rights is your own business and nobody elses. Allow a trespass or stand up for these rights. If it comes to that you might even consider leaving a brown stain on the rear of your trousers. That is what they are after anyway.

Hatha Sunahara
25th June 2012, 09:39 PM
I don't know what training cops get. They must be trained to some degree as to what the law is and what your rights are, along with how to get beyond those constraints by tricking you into voluntary submission, or exploiting your ignorance of your rights.

Americans are trained to regard cops as authorities. And a cardinal rule in American life is to never question authority or you'll get that brown stain in your trousers kicked good and hard.

Freemen/sovereigns have overcome that training, and need practice in asserting their rights. I think I can tell when a cop is not negotiating. A lot of people can't. Nor can they tell when a cop is negotiating. It's that authority thing that clouds their minds. Must be too much fluoride.

Hatha

palani
26th June 2012, 03:49 AM
And a cardinal rule in American life is to never question authority or you'll get that brown stain in your trousers kicked good and hard.

Go back and read Leviathan again.

the Right of doing any Action, is called AUTHORITY. So that by Authority, is alwayes understood a Right of doing any act: and Done By Authority, done by Commission, or Licence from him whose right it is.

Coppicemen have limited AUTHORITY. What they have is given them by YOU. The oath and bond establish the limits upon their AUTHORITY. If they act outside of the AUTHORITY they are granted then they are criminals. Just because they are allotted a salary, get to wear neat Nazi uniforms and sidearms and drive around in state owned vehicles ... none of these things are AUTHORITY. Look to their actions.