PDA

View Full Version : The world's largest pool

joboo
27th June 2012, 12:22 PM
http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/glance/232931/the-worlds-largest-pool.glance

"San Alfonso del Mar resort in Algarrobo, Chile has swum into the record books with the world's largest pool.

Measuring 1001 metres long and with a total area of eight hectares, this inland sea holds 250 million litres of water and is 6,000 times bigger than a normal backyard pool.

It's filled with seawater chemically treated to give it the turquoise colour of a perfect tropical lagoon."

http://www.likecool.com/Gear/News/Worlds%20largest%20swimming%20pool/Worlds-largest-swimming-pool-4.jpg

Glass
27th June 2012, 07:11 PM
The pool is like 50 yards from the beach. Whats wrong with the beach?

Cebu_4_2
27th June 2012, 09:49 PM

If too many people go to the beach it will get heavy and tip over.

joboo
27th June 2012, 10:19 PM

The pool is closer silly.

Awoke
28th June 2012, 08:53 AM
Holy crow, look at all those babylonian pyramids.

gunDriller
28th June 2012, 12:55 PM

it's like Northern California ocean - cold. but Chile has very little history of shark attacks.

i'm not sure if that is because there are not many seals to draw the sharks, or because there's not many people in the ocean for the sharks to munch on.

Gaillo
28th June 2012, 02:04 PM
Holy crow, look at all those babylonian pyramids.

If you look at it on Google Earth, you'll notice it also has an "Egyptian-style" smooth sided glass pyramid about in the middle. I wouldn't be the LEAST bit surprised to find that the place is illuminati backed/owned.

Dogman
28th June 2012, 02:14 PM
Wonder how cold the ocean is there? I can think of three reasons to build that pool.

1. It will draw visitors.

2. It probably will be much warmer than the real thing.

3. No sharks, or at least the finned kind.