PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Right now is a great time to refinance

General of Darkness
10th July 2012, 06:29 PM
I just got quoted a rate of 2.75% no points and $1,500 on closing fees on both a 10 and 15 year fixed.

Just throwing it out there for people that might be on the fence.

As an example I did some calculations for a friend who's got a larger loan than me and they're currently at 5.71%

Check this out. Fuck the bankers.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7404/loancalculationpic.jpg

Cebu_4_2
10th July 2012, 07:27 PM
5.71% seems way too high, you know the bankers don't even lend money. I tried to refi last week, was denied and they want me out on the 12th... Fuck the bankers, that I do agree with.

old steel
10th July 2012, 07:42 PM
5.71% seems way too high, you know the bankers don't even lend money. I tried to refi last week, was denied and they want me out on the 12th... Fuck the bankers, that I do agree with.

So you're just going to get in your helicopter and fly away then?

Skirnir_
10th July 2012, 07:49 PM
I suggest trashing, or better yet sabotaging, the place.

The most expensive things to repair are on house features which must stand up to the elements. The exterior of the house -- from the roof to the foundation -- have the hardest job and need to be tended most. Expect that replacing a roof, re-siding, replacing windows, rebuilding foundations and waterproofing basements are your biggest ticket items. Expect that most of your 5-figure repairs will be to exterior features of a house.

http://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0910/5-Expensive-And-Unexpected-Things-That-Can-Happen-To-Your-Home.aspx - other fun ideas

Cebu_4_2
10th July 2012, 08:01 PM
So you're just going to get in your helicopter and fly away then?

Going to try but then I have the financing problem due to listening to shitty lawyers... my credit is crunched and will now have to do BK which will not make anything easier. If I did BK 2 years ago I would be fine (I think).

zap
10th July 2012, 08:07 PM
At least take all the appliances, furnace ,AC unit, bathroom sinks, toilets, faucets, anything else you can sell.

LuckyStrike
10th July 2012, 08:23 PM
You are right OP, they are nearly giving money away for people just to buy a home. Can you imagine what home prices would be with rates at 10%? 15%?

I look at it two ways, I could buy a house now, pay low interest to the jews and watch the value go down when eventually mortgage rates go up. Or I can wait until mortgage rates go up, and having saved money in the meantime, pay cash for a place, or darn near it.

General of Darkness
10th July 2012, 08:28 PM
You are right OP, they are nearly giving money away for people just to buy a home. Can you imagine what home prices would be with rates at 10%? 15%?

I look at it two ways, I could buy a house now, pay low interest to the jews and watch the value go down when eventually mortgage rates go up. Or I can wait until mortgage rates go up, and having saved money in the meantime, pay cash for a place, or darn near it.

LS, it comes down to 3 things, location, location, location. At the height of the market in 2008, my property was worth about 720K now it's worth 650K, which is NOT the norm. But back to the topic, I'm just mentioning options, if you can fuck them out of more interest then do it.

Twisted Titan
10th July 2012, 11:01 PM
I just got quoted a rate of 2.75% no points and $1,500 on closing fees on both a 10 and 15 year fixed.

Just throwing it out there for people that might be on the fence.

As an example I did some calculations for a friend who's got a larger loan than me and they're currently at 5.71%

Check this out. Fuck the bankers.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7404/loancalculationpic.jpg

That table is not telling the whole story...taxes and insurance are friggen beasts to carry ....that would put some of those payments at close to 4 grand per month

A thousand a week is a lot of change to be kicking out.

Just saying

vacuum
11th July 2012, 12:52 AM
At least take all the appliances, furnace ,AC unit, bathroom sinks, toilets, faucets, anything else you can sell.

All the copper wiring?

Though it does seem kinda immoral to destroy something of value, especially shelter. Kind of like destroying food. f-ed up world...

Skirnir_
11th July 2012, 02:07 AM
All the copper wiring?

Though it does seem kinda immoral to destroy something of value, especially shelter. Kind of like destroying food. f-ed up world...

If it dents the balance sheet of the oligarchic banks, then I say level the house to the ground.

Cebu_4_2
11th July 2012, 07:06 AM
When the bank takes the house you are responsible on keeping it up. If you take the kitchen sink they will sue you for replacement costs. You can take your fridge and any free standing appliance but not anything built in. You are also responsible for any recent cosmetic damage, broken windows, holes in walls, doors etc... Rotted holes in the roof are questionable but if it happened more than 6 months ago I would guess it's the banks responsibity since they claim to have owned the house at the time.

:)