PDA

View Full Version : Gold Worm Has Turned: Large Swap Dealers Have Gone Long = Gold Bottom Is In!

mamboni
15th July 2012, 06:19 PM
An Absolutely StunningDevelopment In The Gold Market

TodayKing World News is reporting on an absolutely stunning development in the goldmarket. Acclaimed commodity trader Dan Norcini told KWN, “The swap dealers,(which is) a category of relatively large traders and big banks, for the firsttime on my records, are actually net longs in the gold market.” Norcini alsonoted, “Even back in 2008, at the height of the credit crisis, when there was ahuge change of ownership in the gold market and traders were just jettisoningpositions, the swap dealers never made it onto the net long side in the goldmarket.”

Butfirst, Bill Haynes, President and owner of CMI Gold & Silver, had this tosay about what buyers are doing in the gold market: “Eric, in the 70s we talked abouthyperinflation. We had 13% inflation. Paul Volcker, appointed by Jimmy Carter,called in when Ronald Reagan took office, and (Reagan) said, ‘You put a stop toinflation!’ Paul Volcker did it.”

“We jacked interest rates to 20% and it shut off inflation. We were worried about inflation then (in the 70s). We’re now talking about the survival of the world’s financial system, and when the smoke clears, (physical) gold and silver are going to be the last two men standing.

We had solid buying this week, some large orders came in. It was kind of interesting that one of the large buyers (of gold) that called us this week said, ‘I’ve watched this stuff long enough, it’s time to get in....

“It’s a market where there are still a lot of people who are confused as to what to do, but the people who are listening and reading King World News are getting a grasp of what’s going on, and they are going to be in this market.”

Dan Norcini noted this stunning development in the gold market: “You are basically seeing, in gold, a move that is noteworthy. The swap dealers, a category of relatively large traders and big banks, for the first time on my records, are actually net longs in the gold market.

Even back in 2008, at the height of the credit crisis, when there was a huge change of ownership in the gold market and traders were just jettisoning positions, the swap dealers never made it onto the net long side in the gold market.

Well, as of this week, they (swap dealers), they’re net longs. That’s significant because we’re witnessing a very slow, but very important transition in the gold market, where this accumulation we’ve mentioned is certainly occurring. You are getting a very significant change of ownership in the gold market.

This kind of dovetails with that interview we did earlier this week on KWN, (http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2012/7/12_Crucial_Chart_%26_What_to_Expect_From_US_Dollar ,_Euro_%26_Gold.html) where we talked about value based buyers, larger buyers doing some accumulation in gold during this particular phase of the market, where it’s been in a range or a consolidation.

If we do get some kind of upside spark, something to kick this thing out of the top of this trading range, you have a very good base of support with an awful lot of accumulation by value based buyers that has a tendency to set this thing up for an extended or protracted move higher.”

Eric King: “Dan, this is really interesting what you are talking about here, the gold market moving into very strong hands at this point on the long side. And it’s doing that just above where we’re seeing all of that central bank buying out of the East come in.”

Dan Norcini: “Absolutely, Eric, China seems to have put a floor under this (gold) market. Whether it’s China, India, or other Asian players, whoever is doing the buying out of the East, it’s very large in size. And it’s sufficiently large where, once again, when gold dipped down below that $1,580 level this week, those buyers were present again.

We went right down to $1,565, and there again were those buyers. They surfaced, and picked it right back up again, and they pushed it up to about $1,600 (on Friday), with some short covering in there.

These swap dealers, I think they are well aware of the amount of (physical) buying that’s taking place down at those lower levels, below $1,580. So they are moving themselves into position, expecting that buying to put a floor of support underneath their ownership of gold.

The hot money crowd has lost interest in gold for the time being, but the value based crowd is definitely accumulating, they are buying.”

Uncle Salty
15th July 2012, 06:38 PM
I have some dry powder and think I should pick up another Eagle tomorrow. I would buy two, but I need to get some lead as well.

JohnQPublic
15th July 2012, 08:56 PM
I noticed that the total silver longs is very close to the total silver shorts. This means we may be on the verge of a silver market takeoff:

http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthread.php?62295-Peak-Silver-Shorts

gunDriller
16th July 2012, 04:34 AM
i'm not sure.

the info we get in the US is CFTC Commitment of Trader reports.

however, those are only part of the picture.

traders will often be long in one market & short on another. if they're long in a US market & short in a London or Asian market, we just see the long in the CoT report.

it's complicated-sounding. it was explained in some detail in a recent Financial Sense webcast.

http://www.financialsensenewshour.com/broadcast/fsn2012-0618-1.mp3

interview, Perth Mint's Bron Suchecki.

undgrd
16th July 2012, 09:09 AM
i'm not sure.

the info we get in the US is CFTC Commitment of Trader reports.

however, those are only part of the picture.

traders will often be long in one market & short on another. if they're long in a US market & short in a London or Asian market, we just see the long in the CoT report.

interview, Perth Mint's Bron Suchecki.

Wouldn't you think there are firms out there that merge all 3 reports though?

gunDriller
16th July 2012, 10:35 AM
Wouldn't you think there are firms out there that merge all 3 reports though?

i would if i could afford the subscription fee for the various brokerages & exchanges.

from the most recent CoT report - Large Specs in Gold
-5,107 longs

+5,873 shorts

Commercials in Gold
+8,473 longs

-5,398 shorts

CFTC CoT report excerpted @
http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/

i would of course like to hear what info Dan Norcini is basing his statement on.

or, a chance to ask him if his statement is a summation of market participants' activity in all markets, or just what we see on the CFTC report - which does show a marked increase in longs for the "Commercials".

mamboni
16th July 2012, 10:49 AM
Gold and silver moon shot this August. You read it here first.