PDA

View Full Version : sell silver,buy cattle

goldleaf
30th July 2012, 02:49 PM
With silver stagnated between 27-28 dollars I've decided to sell some and buy some cattle, ( no drought were I'm at and plenty of feed). My local guy will do $9250.00 cash and colorado gold quoted $10,020.00 and will write 2 checks.
Even with 2 checks I'll have to get them cashed or deposited. Should I take the lesser amount? Has anyone had your local guy match apmex etc.? Sorry, can't get my cattle guy to take silver.

Cebu_4_2
30th July 2012, 03:00 PM
Local guys here will do cash if I call and ask in advance. I would NEVER take a check unless they make it to cash and I have someone else cash it for me and a small fee.

General of Darkness
30th July 2012, 03:07 PM
With silver stagnated between 27-28 dollars I've decided to sell some and buy some cattle, ( no drought were I'm at and plenty of feed). My local guy will do $9250.00 cash and colorado gold quoted $10,020.00 and will write 2 checks.
Even with 2 checks I'll have to get them cashed or deposited. Should I take the lesser amount? Has anyone had your local guy match apmex etc.? Sorry, can't get my cattle guy to take silver.

When you say CATTLE, do you mean GOYIM?

osoab
30th July 2012, 03:15 PM
Wait for a bigger slaughter first imho. The livestock producers are just now starting to sell.

goldleaf
30th July 2012, 03:19 PM
yeah, I'm not in a big rush, but then again i think it would be wise to do it before corn drops like it usually does.

Cebu_4_2
30th July 2012, 03:20 PM
Wait for a bigger slaughter first imho. The livestock producers are just now starting to sell.

Buy half now and the other half later just like stocks, never do a single buy.

osoab
30th July 2012, 03:21 PM
yeah, I'm not in a big rush, but then again i think it would be wise to do it before corn drops like it usually does.

I don't think they know what the crop will be at this time. But harvesting in July is not normal.

Sparky
30th July 2012, 05:59 PM
What's your goal? What's your time frame?

osoab
30th July 2012, 06:15 PM
What's your goal? What's your time frame?

My goal? Protection and Preservation.

Timeframe. I have no time frames except to buy a decent amount of meat in the next 2 months along with encouraging others to do so.

I see a sell off through mid fall. Lack of meat will really show after first of the year. Figure the packers (5 companies that control the real prices) will keep things easy through the holidays. They don't want the proles to be talking amongst themselves too much.

The small guy cannot afford to feed at all. Most of your small farmers and producers do not hedge. Grain farmers have insurance. Livestock producers pretty much do not. You cannot give away 9-10 lb feeder pigs right now. There is no grain surplus like in 88. The hayfields are dry across a large section of the states. 6-8 dollar grass hay in Central Ill? That is a 2' x 18" x 5' bale approximate. When I was a kid, 20 years ago, maybe 2-3 bucks a bale in a drought. Devaluation or scarcity? I am thinking scarcity.

LuckyStrike
30th July 2012, 06:36 PM
This is the grumbling from the local farmers.

A lot of the bigger farms who feed with corn, are going to have to sell more of their herd to make up for feed prices and have less to feed. For the smaller farmers who need to sell every single year, they are fearful of price.

If you can afford to get some cattle over the next few months, I'd trade it for silver any day of the week. Especially in light of charts like this.

http://nwdistrict.ifas.ufl.edu/phag/files/2012/06/Cattle-Inventory-20126.png

Skirnir_
30th July 2012, 06:39 PM

How much overhead are you looking at i.e. packaging, registered shipping, etc.? Subtract that from Colorado Gold's bid and offer that to the local guy, making full disclosure of the numbers. If he bites, great, if not, two cheques will work.

Sparky
30th July 2012, 09:20 PM
My goal? Protection and Preservation.

Timeframe. I have no time frames except to buy a decent amount of meat in the next 2 months along with encouraging others to do so.

I see a sell off through mid fall. Lack of meat will really show after first of the year. Figure the packers (5 companies that control the real prices) will keep things easy through the holidays. They don't want the proles to be talking amongst themselves too much.

The small guy cannot afford to feed at all. Most of your small farmers and producers do not hedge. Grain farmers have insurance. Livestock producers pretty much do not. You cannot give away 9-10 lb feeder pigs right now. There is no grain surplus like in 88. The hayfields are dry across a large section of the states. 6-8 dollar grass hay in Central Ill? That is a 2' x 18" x 5' bale approximate. When I was a kid, 20 years ago, maybe 2-3 bucks a bale in a drought. Devaluation or scarcity? I am thinking scarcity.

So are you taking delivery of those cattle to eat some day (if beef becomes unavailable or cost prohibitive)? Or are you buying them for value for future sale, like a commodity investment?