PDA

View Full Version : New York Times Photographer arrested

Santa
7th August 2012, 06:32 AM
It's a freakin war zone out there.
Funny how a cop whines about a cut on his hand. He'll probably receive an award for valor or some such bs.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/06/nyregion/robert-stolarik-times-photographer-is-arrested-while-on-assignment-in-the-bronx.html

A freelance photographer for The New York Times was arrested on Saturday night while on assignment with two reporters who were conducting street interviews in the Bronx.
Follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#%21/nytmetro/) and like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NYTMetro/) for news and conversation.

The photographer, Robert Stolarik, 43, who has worked regularly for The Times for more than a decade, was charged with obstructing government administration and with resisting arrest. He was taking photographs of a brewing street fight at McClellan Street and Sheridan Avenue in the Concourse neighborhood.
Mr. Stolarik was taking photographs of the arrest of a teenage girl about 10:30 p.m., when a police officer instructed him to stop doing so. Mr. Stolarik said he identified himself as a journalist for The Times and continued taking pictures. A second officer appeared, grabbed his camera and “slammed” it into his face, he said.
Mr. Stolarik said he asked for the officers’ badge numbers, and the officers then took his cameras and dragged him to the ground; he said that he was kicked in the back and that he received scrapes and bruises to his arms, legs and face.
The Police Department said in a statement that officers had been trying to disperse the crowd and had given “numerous lawful orders” for both the crowd and Mr. Stolarik to move back, but that he tried to push forward, “inadvertently” striking an officer in the face with his camera.
The police said that Mr. Stolarik then “violently resisted being handcuffed” and that, in the process, a second officer was cut on the hand.A video of the episode taken by one of the reporters who was with Mr. Stolarik shows Mr. Stolarik face down on the sidewalk, beneath a huddle of about six officers.
Mr. Stolarik was taken to the 44th Precinct station and was released at 4:40 a.m. On Sunday, he checked himself into NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center for X-rays. Later, he said he had no broken bones or internal bleeding.
George Freeman, a lawyer for The Times, said the episode was “especially distressing” because the newspaper had been working with the Police Department since the Occupy Wall Street protests last fall, in which some journalists were denied access to certain areas or were arrested, to find ways to prevent the police from interfering with journalists in the course of their work.
“This is an incident where it seemed the photographer was doing his job taking photographs, and the police overacted and attempted to intimidate him and block him, leading to his arrest,” Mr. Freeman said. A court appearance for Mr. Stolarik is scheduled for November.

JDRock
7th August 2012, 07:20 AM
get out of the cities...get out of the cities...get out of the cities...
hell, what sypathy would you give me if i tried to live in the primate house at the zoo? And then feign astonishment when i was attacked?

Santa
7th August 2012, 08:24 AM
After thinking about this, it may just be more Canned News. Social engineering. Psyops.

There are several underlying propaganda messages here.

1. Fear the authorities. They're strong, you're weak. blah blah blah...

2. Leave your camera at home you filthy terrorist.

3. And more subtly, the Media(in this case, the NYT) is not part of the Authoritarian Fascism sweeping the world. They're just one of us,
doing their job for freedom and democracy. They're the good guys. They're getting their heads cracked too, see?
You can trust the NYTimes. Uh huh! Yep! NYTimes photojournalists are just out there like Jimmy Olsen, getting the story.

I can no longer trust, or accept at face value "anything" I see or read in the Media.

Social Engineering is being used on everyone, in every possible way, to manipulate and direct everything.

Hatha Sunahara
7th August 2012, 08:54 AM
Pretty soon we'll be hearing about journalists in the United States being 'embedded' with the police, and those journalists who are not embedded will be meeting with unfortunate accidents, many of which may be fatal.

Propaganda has to be supervised. Journalists and photographers who are not on a leash are dangerous to the police state agenda domestically, and since the police are militarized, we can take a clue from the military on how they will treat journalists. One day, we may see 'police snipers' targeting journalists, and claiming any deaths were accidental.

Hatha

midnight rambler
7th August 2012, 08:58 AM
Pretty soon we'll be hearing about journalists in the United States being 'embedded' with the police, and those journalists who are not embedded will be meeting with unfortunate accidents, many of which may be fatal.

Propaganda has to be supervised. Journalists and photographers who are not on a leash are dangerous to the police state agenda domestically, and since the police are militarized, we can take a clue from the military on how they will treat journalists. One day, we may see 'police snipers' targeting journalists, and claiming any deaths were accidental.

Hatha

What do you think this is?? Occupied Iraq??

iOWNme
7th August 2012, 08:59 AM
I love how some 40+ year old reporter for the New York times is just now figuring out that Evil runs that City.

JohnQPublic
7th August 2012, 11:21 AM
I love how some 40+ year old reporter for the New York times is just now figuring out that Evil runs that City.

Considering the NY Times is a tool of the evil, it is not too surprising. The fact that he is a freelance photographer gives him a chance.

Twisted Titan
7th August 2012, 11:48 AM
Considering the NY Times is a tool of the evil, it is not too surprising. The fact that he is a freelance photographer gives him a chance.

He will have as much sucess as a freelance reporter ......who submitts stories to a independant press

There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it.

There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.

The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press?

We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.

John Swinton

Santa
7th August 2012, 11:55 AM
Here here. Thank God for booze! {**}

AndreaGail
7th August 2012, 02:28 PM
3. And more subtly, the Media(in this case, the NYT) is not part of the Authoritarian Fascism sweeping the world. They're just one of us,
doing their job for freedom and democracy. They're the good guys. They're getting their heads cracked too, see?
You can trust the NYTimes. Uh huh! Yep! NYTimes photojournalists are just out there like Jimmy Olsen, getting the story.

What really annoys me is whenever they get the chance, they will refer to the MSM of other countries we are supposed to see as evil as "state-owned". This may be true in some cases, but they are trying to subtlely hint that the US media is objective and free from bias and government interjection and talking points ::)

Blink
7th August 2012, 03:05 PM
What really annoys me is whenever they get the chance, they will refer to the MSM of other countries we are supposed to see as evil as "state-owned". This may be true in some cases, but they are trying to subtlely hint that the US media is objective and free from bias and government interjection and talking points ::)

They'll continue the propaganda until no one believes it anymore and then............. they'll release the hounds.