PDA

View Full Version : Moving star?

Cebu_4_2
7th August 2012, 10:53 PM
Around 10pm I stepped out and looked at the sky and saw a star, pretty bright through a tree. I looked away and then looked back up and the thing was moving. Sure it's a plane or something but as it moved it was too bright to be a plane or anything else. I called my kid to check it out and the only thing that came to him was space shuttle. It was not a falling star or anything like that, this thing passed east to west and it never dimmed out like it should have near the horizon either. The earth should have blocked the sun near the horizon I would think.

Just real weird.

old steel
7th August 2012, 11:13 PM
Dude i think you saw a satellite, congratulations!

General of Darkness
7th August 2012, 11:26 PM
Video everything you silly fuck

joboo
8th August 2012, 12:28 AM
Satellite. You can see them in good numbers pretty much every time you look up depending on your level of light pollution.

Serpo
8th August 2012, 01:38 AM
Unless it turns at a ninety degree angle ,disappears and reappears , stops ,starts and you may even be abducted and probed in the usual manner then it was a satellite.They go straight across the sky and not as much fun..........http://www.nationalufocenter.com/artman/uploads/utahmothershipbig12july12.jpghttp://www.nationalufocenter.com/artman/publish/article_464.php

Cebu_4_2
8th August 2012, 02:26 AM
Okay then satellite it is.... still not gonna point a laser at it.

milehi
8th August 2012, 09:19 AM
I was in the Sierra earlier this week. While watching the beginning of the Perseid Meteor Shower, I counted 13 satelites in an hour and a half. Sometimes there were two in the sky. Most were quite faint but one was oddly large, like when the space station crosses the sky. On a previous trip to the same area, I saw one that was red which makes no sense.

gunDriller
8th August 2012, 10:29 AM
does this mean, you may have been scanned ?

TheNocturnalEgyptian
15th August 2012, 08:58 PM
There are observation satellites locked in geosynchronous movement with earth. Although they're not secret, you don't notice them, because they don't "move" like the satellites you are used to. They move with the Earth and always survey the same area.

Hatha Sunahara
15th August 2012, 09:17 PM
Don't most satellites go west to east? Other than the ones that are in polar orbits.

Hatha

Cebu_4_2
15th August 2012, 09:34 PM
Don't most satellites go west to east? Other than the ones that are in polar orbits.

Hatha

Good catch, I was going to correct my observation but I though no one else knew any better.

Serpo
15th August 2012, 09:39 PM
Good catch, I was going to correct my observation but I though no one else knew any better.
Hard to get one past Hatha..........haha

Horn
16th August 2012, 05:32 AM

Hatha

Except for the ones that Cebu thinks are going West, but are really going East. :)