PDA

View Full Version : Gunman in custody near Texas A&M after shooting 'multiple' people

Dogman
13th August 2012, 12:31 PM
Here we go again!

Texas A&M University says a shooter has been taken into custody near its campus in College Station. The university issued a warning on its website just before 12:30 p.m. warning of an active shooter near football stadium, Kyle Field. (Aug. 13)

By Rene Lynch and Molly Hennessy-Fiske

August 13, 2012, 12:06 p.m.

A gunman has been taken into custody near the Texas A&M University campus after shooting several people. The extent of their injuries or whether anyone was killed is not yet known, a campus official said.

"The active shooter has been contained," Lacey Lively, a spokeswoman for the city of College Station, Texas, told the Los Angeles Times. (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-gunman-texas-a-m-shooting-20120813,0,3710155.story#) She could only say that "multiple" people had been hit.
The shooting prompted the university to issue a campus-wide alert urging students and others to avoid the area.

Lively said the shooting occurred shortly after noon just off campus on Fidelity Street.

College Station police were still on scene and had not released the identity of the shooter, the injured or whether they included law enforcement.

Texas A&M university issued (http://emergency.tamu.edu/) a Code Maroon warning on its website just before 12:30 p.m. Monday stating that an "active shooter" was in the area. "Please avoid the area. Residents in the immediate area need to remain inside their residence," the warning said.

About eight minutes later, the school issued another alert, once again urging people to avoid the area. At 12:44 p.m., a new update said that "the shooter is in custody. Continue to avoid the area."

A school representative told The Times the gunman was not on campus.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-gunman-texas-a-m-shooting-20120813,0,3710155.story

Twisted Titan
13th August 2012, 12:41 PM
Were Toast...............

Bloomberg is gonna go into Overdrive with this

JohnQPublic
13th August 2012, 12:48 PM
Texas A-M shooter in custody; 1 officer, 1 civilian dead (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/08/texas-a38m-reports-active-shooter-in-custody/1?csp=34news#.UClZ5aPD7IU)
"College Station police say a gunman killed one police officer and a civilian and wounded another officer near Texas A&M University. The gunman is in custody...."

Dogman
13th August 2012, 12:49 PM
One cop died, I think another maybe shot? And twisted you maybe right!

Dogman
13th August 2012, 12:49 PM
One cop died, I think another maybe shot? And twisted you maybe right! Dam, Mark you beat me!

gunDriller
13th August 2012, 01:13 PM
seems to be happening more often.

i think one of the signatures one "TSHTF" is when this happens on a daily-weekly basis.

which seems to be happening.

chad
13th August 2012, 01:19 PM
in a gun free zone? wow!

sirgonzo420
13th August 2012, 01:23 PM
in a gun free zone? wow!

I know, right?

Can't these gunmen read the "NO GUNS" signs??

DMac
13th August 2012, 01:27 PM
Were Toast...............

Bloomberg is gonna go into Overdrive with this

He sure had no problem supporting the guy they (leo) gunned down near times square this weekend.

Twisted Titan
13th August 2012, 01:30 PM
One cop died, I think another maybe shot? And twisted you maybe right!

The death of a Bacon Boy is gonna be the tipping point.

Oboingo is gonna have to do something drastic or Romeney is gonna pounce on this.

Plus this will take the heat off Holder's @$$ for Fast and Furious.

Ammo online Purchases are a thing of the past.

Mark it down.

Twisted Titan
13th August 2012, 01:50 PM
it appears They were serving a eviction notice and flyboy got the drop of one of them.

I can hear the gungrabbers now:

How can you afford to own a gun if you are about to be homeless?

old steel
13th August 2012, 01:50 PM
They can't do nothing it's our right to bear arms.

JDRock
13th August 2012, 01:53 PM
..yawn...familiar? gun legislation pending,politicians pandering and the press war-mongering..we know more like it is coming...

Dogman
13th August 2012, 02:02 PM
it appears They were serving a eviction notice and flyboy got the drop of one of them.

I can hear the gungrabbers now:

How can you afford to own a gun if you are about to be homeless?There was a thread what about a week ago, about that homeless guy living out of his car/truck in San Francisco that had what they called an illegal arsenal? And not a dam thing illegal about anything except the guy was homeless?

Dogman
13th August 2012, 03:02 PM
The gunman is dead! Wonder if he was mortally wounded when he was arrested or the pigs saving the state the cost of a trial?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/08/texas-a38m-reports-active-shooter-in-custody/1?csp=34news#.UCl6KaOZiSo

PlatinumBlonde
13th August 2012, 04:04 PM
Anybody have a pic of this guy/

I bet he was a 'white supremecist'..

Dogman
13th August 2012, 04:07 PM
Anybody have a pic of this guy/

I bet he was a 'white supremacist'..

Not yet, so far the name is being withheld.

The other victim is a 50 year old woman, that is in critical condition, just out of surgery.

So it looks like 3 dead and one wounded.

joboo
13th August 2012, 04:23 PM
When people have nothing else to lose...they lose it.

midnight rambler
13th August 2012, 04:28 PM
When people have nothing else to lose...they lose it.

Which is sufficient reason to ban all those 'automatic' weapons** since we're going to see more people people with 'nothing left to lose'. It's the common sense approach.

"This is happening with such regularity now that we need to take a closer look to see what we can to keep *these weapons* out of the hands of *those people who should not have them*." --Obummer (paraphrased)

**when robot guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have robot guns - wait, don't only outlaws now have robot guns (killer drones)??

PatColo
13th August 2012, 06:11 PM
I'd have to go back & find the podcast, but in just the past week some truthy-radio show host (guest?) was saying how tptb orchestrate domestic FF shootings in clusters, targeting N, S, E, & W of the country.

Kind of like the "4-corners method" where a minority special interest subverts a public meeting by planting an agent in/near the 4 corners of the room, pretending not to know each other, then when one of them speaks up with their "unpopular opinion", the 4 corners agents immediately, audibly approve-- leaving the impression (for the honest attendee) that the opinion has wide support.

Twisted Titan
13th August 2012, 08:48 PM
Which is sufficient reason to ban all those 'automatic' weapons** since we're going to see more people people with 'nothing left to lose'. It's the common sense approach.

**when robot guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have robot guns - wait, don't only outlaws now have robot guns (killer drones)??

Now why are you trying to inject with common sense???

Its just plain "Crazy" to do something like that

Hatha Sunahara
13th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Homeland Security is ordering another 750 million rounds of ammunition. That's a lot of lead. As an inspiration, I recently read something I did not know. The reason why there were battles fought at Concord and Lexington that were the spark for the Revolutionary War. It was because the British General ordered his troops to march to those two towns, and seize their weapons at the armories. The American colonists were not going to be disarmed peacefully. And that is what maybe DHS is expecting pretty soon. A rebellion to a gun grab. They would have to do a gun grab very quickly to prevent the formation of any organized opposition. So it would be a huge battle. That might require hundreds of millions of rounds. It might even be the beginning of another revolution. Trying to disarm Americans is a big deal.

Hatha

Twisted Titan
13th August 2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the History Lesson Hath............didnt know that either