PDA

View Full Version : "He was Shot in the Chest when Police Came to his Rescue"

gunDriller
23rd August 2012, 02:19 PM
Remember that case about a month ago when the black guy in Florida was munching on the naked white guy ?

Turns out the white guy's name was 'Ronald Poppo'.

and

yes

it

is

graphic

so

just

thought

I'd

give

you

a heads up before you see ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=YruxMl2e--0&NR=1

He's recovering now, minus some facial body parts.

Turns out the fvcking cops actually SHOT Poppo in the process of rescuing him ! - according to the news broadcast in that Youtube video.

Osiris
23rd August 2012, 03:30 PM
I love that she says he was inadvertently shot and just goes on, like it is no big deal. Sadly it is common these days.

gunDriller
23rd August 2012, 04:30 PM
I love that she says he was inadvertently shot and just goes on, like it is no big deal. Sadly it is common these days.

you start the day off homeless.

then you have your eyeball & nose chewed off by a wild man.

most people would say, things can NOT get much worse.

but then - the police fire a fvcking Bullet into your chest !

jaw drop/ face palm ...

the tolerance of gross incompetence in the police ranks is massive and country-wide.

insofar as possible, i avoid the 'product' they claim to be selling - "public safety."

i wonder, if a police department calls itself "Department of Public Safety" - is that a sign of extra rabid rogue cops ?

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 04:34 PM
I doubt the cop intended to shoot him in the chest. Imagine, being the cop responding to that situation.

If my face is being chewed off by a madman, I'll take an accidental bullet if the shooting would stop him. Give some cops a break, damn.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 04:44 PM
I'll take an accidental bullet if the shooting would stop him. Give some cops a break, damn.

You're kidding...right?? ???

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 04:55 PM
You're kidding...right?? ???

Actually no. I wasn't kidding. Cop or no cop, if my face is getting chewed off...anyone shooting their guns to save me, I'll take a bullet and thank the guy afterwards. Life isn't like the movies, one shot one kill, etc.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 05:01 PM
I'll take a bullet and thank the guy afterwards.

So, if a cop *inadvertently* shoots you with what is currently carried as duty ammo, e.g. Ranger T series, Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Saber, Hydra-Shok, etc. you'd have no problem with that, even being 'grateful'??

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s272/lanceJOregon/guns/9mm_bullets.jpg

JMO, but I think you're fucked up in the head.

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 05:05 PM
So, if a cop *inadvertently* shoots you with what is currently carried as duty ammo, e.g. Ranger T series, Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Saber, Hydra-Shok, etc. you'd have no problem with that, even being 'grateful'??

If I am alive, and he saved me, heck ya I'd be thankful. If I'm in a life and death fight, and losing, by God send any and all bullets you have to help me. My two bits, if you hit me, I won't hold it against you.

I've seen men, shot several times, hold a decent conversation while the ambulance is enroute. The anti gun media warps reality. People get shot, often several times, and keep fighting through it. One asshole I arrested bragged about being shot 17 times, and he's still an asshole on the street, living, committing crimes, etc.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 05:19 PM
I've seen men, shot several times, hold a decent conversation while the ambulance is enroute.

I assert your perception is all hosed up. Yeah, someone was 'hold(ing) a decent conversation' AS THEY WERE FUCKING DYING FROM MULTIPLE GUNSHOT WOUNDS. Ever heard of 'the golden hour'?? I've been there. You take one snapshot of a circumstance and you base all your conclusions on that?? I also assert, based on this SINGLE 'snapshot' you've taken of "several" incidents you've drawn very, very flawed conclusions. Someone who has taken a bullet to the heart still has a few seconds to kill you ("a deadman's five seconds"), yet they are STILL DEAD.

I think anyone willing to take a high performance pistol round to the chest "to save my life" is fucked up in the head. That's just insane, and a poor fucking excuse for cops who don't have a cool hand under stress.

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 05:28 PM
I think anyone willing to take a high performance pistol round to the chest "to save my life" is fucked up in the head. That's just insane, and a poor fucking excuse for cops who don't have a cool hand under stress.

I don't think you understand life and death situations. I also think, you just want to argue.

If the cop didn't shoot, that guy would be dead. So a stray bullet hits the guy accidentally, that's not on purpose. You seem to think cops are not human, not people, nobody has perfect aim. I still think if you are going to die by the hands of some turd, all bullets the turd's direction are good ones, imo....and chances are, you are right next to the turd. That's the reality of it all.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 05:30 PM
I don't think you understand life and death situations.

Have you ever been in mortal combat (as in FOR REAL this guy's gonna kill me, he's already shown his intent in that regard, so it's either me or him, right here, NOW), or even fired a gun at someone fully intending to kill them 'cause you were extremely pissed off??

madfranks
23rd August 2012, 05:32 PM
If the question was would I rather be alive with a slug in me or dead without the slug in me, I'd choose to be alive. Nobody's saying it's a good thing that he got shot at all, and I suspect that cooler hands would have been able to save him sans the bullet to the chest, but facing a rabid monster of a man cannibalizing another man, I'm not sure how cool anyone's hands could be.

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 05:33 PM
Have you ever been in mortal combat, or even fired a gun at someone fully intending to kill them 'cause you were extremely pissed off??

If I answer that question, honestly, are you going to use my answer against me?

I don't enter lose-lose situations, that's what you are asking of me. Correct?

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 05:39 PM
If I answer that question, honestly, are you going to use my answer against me?

So essentially you're admitting you have no real combat experience where someone was going to die at your hand or you at their hand and/or you've never fired (a) shot(s) at someone fully intending to kill them purely out of anger on your part.

I do actually have real experience in this regard (with respect to both aspects of my query), so now you can just STFU.

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 05:42 PM
So essentially you're admitting you have no real combat experience where someone was going to die at your hand or you at their hand and/or you've never fired (a) shot(s) at someone fully intending to kill them purely out of anger on your part.

I do actually have real experience in this regard (with respect to both aspects of my query), so now you can just STFU.

Every shift I was a sworn officer, I pointed a gun at someone. I hope that answers your question.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 05:45 PM
If the question was would I rather be alive with a slug in me or dead without the slug in me, I'd choose to be alive. Nobody's saying it's a good thing that he got shot at all, and I suspect that cooler hands would have been able to save him sans the bullet to the chest, but facing a rabid monster of a man cannibalizing another man, I'm not sure how cool anyone's hands could be.

What this is all about is someone trying to justify poor judgment on the part of cops, which is very common these days it seems. There's absolutely no excuse for *inadvertently* shooting a victim - take a couple of seconds to make the right shot, what's so difficult about that?

"Take your time in a hurry." --Wyatt Earp (regarding being in a gunfight)

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 05:47 PM
Every shift I was a sworn officer, I pointed a gun at someone. I hope that answers your question.

And you have the gall to tell me I don't understand life and death situations. lol

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 05:48 PM
take a couple of seconds to make the right shot, what's so difficult about that?

A couple of seconds?

Fractions of a second, 1/10 of second. When you start counting in seconds you've already lost.

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 05:51 PM
And you have the gall to tell me I don't understand life and death situations. lol

Ha! You know, I do look forward to having a few beers with you one day, midnight. We'll talk then. :) Cheers my friend.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 05:55 PM
A couple of seconds?

Fractions of a second, 1/10 of second. When you start counting in seconds you've already lost.

Don't be a dolt. Who said to "count" seconds?? I quoted Wyatt Earp - "Take your time in a hurry." Each situation is unique, no two alike.

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 06:01 PM
Don't be a dolt. Who said to "count" seconds?? I quoted Wyatt Earp - "Take your time in a hurry." Each situation is unique, no two alike.

My opinion is to send as many bullets as fast as I can. I don't care about accuracy, it's speed.

99% of time your attacker will be within 10 feet of you. He can cover that in fractions of a second. You LOSE 3/4 of second already, by the time you see the threat, to your mind interpreting it's lethal, and tell your body to react. That's 3/4 of a second your attacker has the advantage.

This is why police training is all about speed. You shoot thousands of rounds, mostly within 5 yards of you, as fast as you can. Muscle memory.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 06:06 PM
I don't care about accuracy,

This sort of thinking is what the vast majority of cops engage in, moronic idiocy in the extreme. They can empty a magazine and still not hit anything, or maybe they hit those who don't deserve getting shot. lol A prime example of JPS syndrome (just plain stupid aka being stupid in a No Stupid Zone).

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 06:10 PM
This sort of thinking is what the vast majority of cops engage in, moronic idiocy in the extreme. They can empty a magazine and still not hit anything, or maybe they hit those who don't deserve getting shot. lol A prime example of JPS syndrome (just plain stupid aka being stupid in a No Stupid Zone).

I believe we've enter a pissing contest, who's cock is the biggest.

Muscle memory, and training, are much more important than accuracy, when shtf. My two bits.

Good thread, folks. Good thread.

Horn
23rd August 2012, 06:13 PM
My opinion is to send as many bullets as fast as I can. I don't care about accuracy, it's speed.

Its the amount of ammo that can be delivered smoothly at the center of the target.

Like golf, but with many balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLCKSPFrkJQ

Horn
23rd August 2012, 06:35 PM
Muscle memory.

Muscle memory obviously being used in this case of shooting a victim's chest.

http://www.internetdj.com/song/34753

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 06:39 PM
Muscle memory obviously being used in this case of shooting a victim's chest.

http://www.internetdj.com/song/34753

Gilligan says....piss off Horn!!!

Horn
23rd August 2012, 06:44 PM
Gilligan says....piss off Horn!!!

Wait for the Ricochet, and tell them Hell's comin with me....

Dogman
23rd August 2012, 06:46 PM
Wait for the Ricochet, and tell them Hell's comin with me.... And that brings to mind, an old blast from the past!

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfoYZo7GTic

Sorry for going off topic. Horn made me do it! ;D

Horn
23rd August 2012, 06:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 07:45 PM
I believe we've enter a pissing contest, who's cock is the biggest.

Muscle memory, and training, are much more important than accuracy, when shtf. My two bits.

Good thread, folks. Good thread.

It appears your 'training' did not include the triad of martial arts, all three which are on an equal footing with the other two and not to be disregarded: speed, power, and accuracy

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 08:09 PM
It appears your 'training' did not include the triad of martial arts, all three which are on an equal footing with the other two and not to be disregarded: speed, power, and accuracy

I don't recall martial arts being part of the training, unless you call whacking a guy with a baton, martial arts. I suppose some of the pain compliance techniques were martial arts, digging for the mastiod, or perhaps the arm bar hammerlock. I've been told the carotid restraint was a judo move, but I know it works been put out unconsious by it.

I think we are arguing for the sake of arguing.

The training was to handle stressful situations, for the most part. The 'center mass' target, is a big one, at only 10, 15 feet away. The goal was to put the bullets there quickly as possible.

I know my accuracy sucks. I do know, however, I can handle myself in stressful situations. To me, that gives me confidence. I doubt you'd understand.

zap
23rd August 2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know...... But if I came upon a crazy man eating another mans face off, I think I would just keep shooting til he stopped it ! Sorry if I hit the other guy..... its just to gross and weird and scary for me. I hope If I was the guy getting my face eaten off the cop/ or whoever would shoot the hell outta him regardless if he hit me or not.

Just my 2-cents .... carry on boys.

OH and thankyou.... gunDriller for the warnings !

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 08:11 PM
I don't recall martial arts being part of the training, unless you call whacking a guy with a baton, martial arts. I suppose some of the pain compliance techniques were martial arts, digging for the mastiod, or perhaps the arm bar hammerlock. I've been told the carotid restraint was a judo move, but I know it works been put out unconsious by it.

I think we are arguing for the sake of arguing.

The training was to handle stressful situations, for the most part. The 'center mass' target, is a big one, at only 10, 15 feet away. The goal was to put the bullets there quickly as possible.

I know my accuracy sucks. I do know, however, I can handle myself in stressful situations. To me, that gives me confidence. I doubt you'd understand.

Have you ever considered that your 'training' was administered by a bunch of incompetent imbeciles pretending they knew what they were doing?

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 08:15 PM
Have you ever considered that your 'training' was administered by a bunch of incompetent imbeciles pretending they knew what they were doing?

With due respect. My firearms instructors were better than the FBI, or any .gov agency. They would take them on any day.

They died in the line of duty.

Your post...if you insult them, you dishonor me, and them, and by God....

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 08:47 PM
With due respect. My firearms instructors were better than the FBI, or any .gov agency. They would take them on any day.

They died in the line of duty.

Your post...if you insult them, you dishonor me, and them, and by God....

I get the distinct impression that whomever 'instructed' you in 'firearms training' (i.e. shoot fast, JUST SHOOT! ACCURACY IS OF NO CONCERN!!!) is/are (a) complete moron(s). I've never heard of anything so totally asinine - EVER.

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 08:54 PM
I get the distinct impression that whomever 'instructed' you in 'firearms training' (i.e. shoot fast, JUST SHOOT! ACCURACY IS OF NO CONCERN!!!) is/are complete (a) complete moron(s). I've never heard of anything so totally asinine - EVER.

You are baiting me, and just jumping to conclusions, aren't you? Shall I call you Book, or Magnes?

Take your BS, and be gone with it. You obviously know nothing about life.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 09:04 PM
You obviously know nothing about life.

Due to a quirk of fate I found myself getting to hang out with some of the most knowledgeable gun folks anywhere during the '80s. This included genuine seasoned combats vets (both military and police), pistoleros (race gun types), the gov's security detail, the metro SWAT team (such as it was at the time lol), Class III dealers, Class II manufacturers, machinegun owners such as Dolf Goldsmith (do a 'net search), etc. I'm certain that if I mentioned what you describe as your 'firearms technique' ("forget accuracy, JUST SHOOT!!!") to any them, they'd all get a chuckle and say something like, "You cannot be serious..." Perhaps people in your part of the country just do things differently...say, aren't you in the land of fruits and nuts??

slowbell
23rd August 2012, 09:12 PM
"You cannot be serious..." Perhaps people in your part of the country just do things differently...say, aren't you in the land of fruits and nuts??

The fruits and nuts have guns and knives, here.

A man charges you with a knife 10 feet away. You tell me how accuracy matters, when center mass is a damn big target.

Bullets, center mass, until the threat is stopped. You argue that, with your gun snob friends.

midnight rambler
23rd August 2012, 09:15 PM
your gun snob friends.

Here's one of my 'gun snob friends'. lol -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxsbrzbs3ro

Cebu_4_2
23rd August 2012, 09:36 PM
Here's one of my 'gun snob friends'. lol -

Pictures or it didn't happen.

Horn
23rd August 2012, 10:43 PM
Every cop has (or should have) been taught about line of fire.

These guys appeared to have been in a concrete box of some sort, not a place for close range shots (if could be avoided with the baton)

If not, just place the gun under his chin, and point towards the sky as an even headed decision.

joboo
23rd August 2012, 10:56 PM
Tough call. Some dude is in the process of actually plucking my eyes out, and literally tearing my head apart.

I'd probably go with shoot first and ask questions later, and hope for the best.

midnight rambler
24th August 2012, 05:19 AM
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Sorry, all I've got is memories of hanging out at the range with Dolf in the '80s and helping him burn up ammo in his vast collection of vintage machineguns and subguns - so I really don't give a diddleysquat whether you believe me or not, it was literally a blast. I last spoke with Dolf six months ago and he told me that he was going to Europe soon to do some research for the latest book he's writing about machineguns (Dolf is in his 80s).

gunDriller
24th August 2012, 11:35 AM

normally a chest shot with that kind of ammo has serious consequences.

a shot to the knee will tend to immobilize a transgressor.

if i was the cop, just by watching i could tell the black guy was doing the chewing - i think. then i think i would grab him by the feet, or maybe kick him.

since there are body fluids being sprayed around, i would wear gloves.

when i was younger, i worked security at a Foreigner concert. i might have weighed 110 pounds. there was this tall guy throwing fire-crackers into the crowd, i took it upon myself to eject him from the premises. he was about 6 feet, medium build. i just grabbed his arm and pulled. it worked (of course, he didn't have a gun or a knife - just firecrackers).

a good security professional like a cop should be able to grab the black guy by the feet & drag him 20 feet away. yes, he might kick back. then if he keeps coming, yes, you might need to immobilize him with a shot to the knee.

but - shooting the other guy, the one with the face missing ?

for a lot of cops, "stabilize the situation" somehow translates to "kill everybody".

midnight rambler
24th August 2012, 11:46 AM
for a lot of cops, "stabilize the situation" somehow translates to "kill everybody".

However I'm quite sure 'everybody' will be very, very grateful...so long as the intention was to 'stabilize the situation'. lol

slowbell
24th August 2012, 12:16 PM
if i was the cop, just by watching i could tell the black guy was doing the chewing - i think. then i think i would grab him by the feet, or maybe kick him.

since there are body fluids being sprayed around, i would wear gloves.

Better wear eye protection too. While you are taking the time putting on all that PPE...if I was the cop, I would have already emptied 20 rounds into the face eating lunatic.

What an ugly scene to respond too. That cop did the right thing by shooting.