PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn primary candidate in N.Y. Assembly race says 'negrohood' mailer was just a t

skidmark
30th August 2012, 11:20 AM
LOL racist joos, where's the outrage from Jesse and Al?

Ben Akselrod is hoping to unseat Democratic Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz in the Sheepshead Bay district primary race. He apologized after his campaign sent out a mailer using the word 'negrohood.'

An Assembly candidate whose campaign sent mailers using the word “negrohood” to residents in his Sheepshead Bay district apologized Wednesday — calling the racially tinged language a “typo.”

“As the candidate, I take full responsibility for this inadvertent error and I am sorry to anyone who was offended by it,” Ben Akselrod, who’s running in the Sept. 13 Democratic primary against Assemblyman Steven Cymbrowitz, said in a statement.

The Friends of Ben Akselrod sent the mailers last week, claiming that his opponent “has allowed crime to go up over 50% in our negrohood so far this year.”

Akselrod didn’t specify Wednesday whether his campaign intended to use the word “neighborhood” instead.

He said he faced discrimination as a Jew in his native Russia, and rejects “any form of racial and ethnic bias.”

He also blasted his opponent’s supporters for focusing on the typo instead of addressing crime in the community.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn-pol-negrohood-mailer-a-typo-article-1.1147632#ixzz253SfjYcb

mamboni
30th August 2012, 11:45 AM
“negrohood”
“neighborhood”

The words are nearly identical. Obviously this was a simple typo. Besides, Jews, like blacks, have permament victim status and can never be racist or bigotted, right?

gunDriller
30th August 2012, 02:06 PM
i'm thinking this was a prank by someone in the campaign.

no campaign manager in the US would OK ad copy with 'negrohood' in the text.

mamboni
30th August 2012, 02:24 PM
i'm thinking this was a prank by someone in the campaign.

no campaign manager in the US would OK ad copy with 'negrohood' in the text.

Yep! Some pissed off yamolka-wearing old timer copy editor decided to let this little verbal bomb pass through. Orthodox Jews are hardcore conservatives and they don't like blacks and liberals.

ShortJohnSilver
30th August 2012, 03:35 PM
Ma'am Boni, you mis-spelled "schvartsers" ...