PDA

View Full Version : Squellock

Hatha Sunahara
3rd September 2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrv6p7UaXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrv6p7UaXw

Don't vote Australia.

This guy is a retired Brit lawyer who lives in Sydney, Australia. He's got hundreds of YT videos posted on as many topics. He seems to have a disability that requires him to be in a wheelchair. I admire him for making the best of it.

He did one video where he nails the crux of the global financial problem: Governments borrow money from banks when they don't have to. He's articulate, and politically astute.

Hatha

Glass
3rd September 2012, 10:09 PM
This is not safe for work. Several F bombs and associated profanities. He does what I do except I vote BUT I vote for my candidate as none of the listed candidates are suitable to re-present me. I vote for GOD.

In the old days you had to register to vote. These days you get automatically added to the roles when you come of age. You could sometimes be dropped from the roles if you moved residence and did not update your details, HOWEVER, they now track utility accounts and when you change the address on your utility account your details are automatically forwarded to the Govt to update the electoral roles.

I know people who were not on the roles, never filled out an application to become an elector. Suddenly after moving house they get a notice saying they are now on the roles. After 20 years of non registration.

He says there are ways. I'd like to know what they are because as far as I can tell there are maybe 3 ways to be removed from the roles. That old favourite, Death is one way, Leave the country is another, at the Comissioners discretion. The commissioner is a criminal by the way but that's an aside.

Blink
3rd September 2012, 10:18 PM
They'll fix that one day with electronic voting for everything (eliminating the written word).........

Glass
3rd September 2012, 10:32 PM
They'll fix that one day with electronic voting for everything (eliminating the written word).........

yep. Eventually they will just vote for you and send you the receipt.

vacuum
3rd September 2012, 10:43 PM
yep. Eventually they will just vote for you and send you the receipt.

Hold on. I can see the convince here. All they have to do is vote for whatever party you voted for previously, then send you the receipt. If you'd like to change your vote, simply take your receipt to a polling station within 7 days. Much less traffic and inaccuracies. And most importantly, it's a lot more green. It's a win-win.

And what bigger message can you send the establishment than by changing your vote? Then you can say "you lost my vote"....literally.

Glass
3rd September 2012, 11:21 PM
Hold on. I can see the convince here. All they have to do is vote for whatever party you voted for previously, then send you the receipt. If you'd like to change your vote, simply take your receipt to a polling station within 7 days. Much less traffic and inaccuracies. And most importantly, it's a lot more green. It's a win-win.

And what bigger message can you send the establishment than by changing your vote? Then you can say "you lost my vote"....literally.

You are on to it. This is how they are going to do income tax going forward. They have set average industry income tax obligations. They will now send you your pre completed tax return with your average industry tax obligation (or tax return if applicable). If your personal circumstances indicate your income tax should be less then you must apply for an adjustment.

I wonder what happens to people who find their income assessment has been low balled and they are up for less income tax than they would have paid. I wonder if they will have to send in an adjustment to make their income tax obligation go up......

Hatha Sunahara
4th September 2012, 12:20 AM
Here's the one video editorial of his that I thought was profound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9AcWhDEp40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9AcWhDEp40

He has a few irritants that he comments on with frequency. Julia Gillard is one. Gay people are another. Bankers. Hypocrites. He's got a wonderful sense of humor.

Hatha