PDA

View Full Version : And They Put Madoff in Jail!!!

palani
11th September 2012, 05:19 AM
Gee ... suppose banks are in trouble?

http://www.businessinsider.com/100-dollars-bernie-madoff-four-years-ago-2012-9

CNBC: Investors In Bernie Madoff Have Done Better Than Investors In Big Banks

CNBC's David Faber reports that if you had invested $100 four years ago in Citigroup, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, AIG and convicted ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff, this is what you would have as of yesterday’s close

If I recall that $100 invested in AIG would have dwindled to $16 dollars today whereas with Madoff the $100 invested would have turned into $87 today.

mamboni
11th September 2012, 06:18 AM
If you put $100 into gold in Sept 2008, you now have $220 in gold.

If you put $100 into silver in Sept 2008, you now have $220 in silver.

Neuro
11th September 2012, 07:31 AM

But, but but you can't eat gold...

:D

mamboni
11th September 2012, 08:43 AM

You can't eat Madoff either.{0}

iOWNme
11th September 2012, 09:44 AM
They put Madoff in jail to make it look like the Government punishes corruption. Meanwhile, it was a MASSIVE distraction so that the real financial criminals could set up shop and STEAL EVERYTHING.

palani
11th September 2012, 09:47 AM
They put Madoff in jail to make it look like the Government punishes corruption. Meanwhile, it was a MASSIVE distraction so that the real financial criminals could set up shop and STEAL EVERYTHING.

Sure. They don't have Martha Stewart to kick around any more. Surprised she didn't make the top 10 MOST WANTED list.

Neuro
11th September 2012, 09:51 AM
You can't eat Madoff either.{0}
LOL! Not while he is in the can! But with the thread title comes the implied suggestion that poor Madoff should be released, for not causing so much damage, further it would be a good judeo-humanitarian act to release him and let him enjoy his last days/decades in freedom, and dedicate himself to Jewish philanthropy to rectify his rather petty crimes...

madfranks
11th September 2012, 10:32 AM

But you can eat FRNs right?

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/shawnhempel/shawnhempel1003/shawnhempel100300070/6714905-plate-with-silverware-and-salad-made-from-money.jpg

Neuro
11th September 2012, 11:23 AM

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/shawnhempel/shawnhempel1003/shawnhempel100300070/6714905-plate-with-silverware-and-salad-made-from-money.jpg
Mmm... Delicious Dollars, with a penny salad on the side! Fibers and essential minerals (zinc)... So transfer the gold into FRN's and you can eat. At the end of global nuclear war, your gold may not be very much worth in terms of food, but it will buy you a hell of a lot more than the FRN's, in the current valuation Gold/USD...

madfranks
11th September 2012, 11:33 AM
Mmm... Delicious Dollars, with a penny salad on the side! Fibers and essential minerals (zinc)... So transfer the gold into FRN's and you can eat. At the end of global nuclear war, your gold may not be very much worth in terms of food, but it will buy you a hell of a lot more than the FRN's, in the current valuation Gold/USD...

I think it's funny that all those people who think that because you can't eat gold it's not very useful never apply that line to FRNs, or pennies for that matter.

Neuro
11th September 2012, 11:42 AM
I think it's funny that all those people who think that because you can't eat gold it's not very useful never apply that line to FRNs, or pennies for that matter.
Too true, though the intrinsic value of a zinc penny is far greater than a hundred dollar bill, which is intrinsically is far more valuable than a million dollars as digits in a bank account!

iOWNme
11th September 2012, 11:44 AM
Sure. They don't have Martha Stewart to kick around any more. Surprised she didn't make the top 10 MOST WANTED list.

Stewart was convicted of Perjury. You can steal, but dont lie about it!

madfranks
11th September 2012, 12:02 PM
Too true, though the intrinsic value of a zinc penny is far greater than a hundred dollar bill, which is intrinsically is far more valuable than a million dollars as digits in a bank account!

I still think I'd rather wipe my ass with a $100 bill than a zinc penny, but I suppose in a pinch it would do.

Neuro
11th September 2012, 12:43 PM
I still think I'd rather wipe my ass with a $100 bill than a zinc penny, but I suppose in a pinch it would do.
Well contrary to perhaps the Ponce doctrine, money usually aren't valued according to their ass wiping utility, but no doubt there has been occasions in history where this has held true, but collecting $1 bills might be better for this scenario, being same size.

Uncle Salty
11th September 2012, 12:54 PM

Mmm. Who wants to toss an FRN Salad? Or Bernie's?

JDRock
12th September 2012, 08:26 AM

ahh the "barbarous relic".....who would want such a thing clanking around in ones pocket??

MAGNES
12th September 2012, 08:48 AM
Gee ... suppose banks are in trouble? http://www.businessinsider.com/100-dollars-bernie-madoff-four-years-ago-2012-9 CNBC: Investors In Bernie Madoff Have Done Better Than Investors In Big Banks If I recall that $100 invested in AIG would have dwindled to $16 dollars today whereas with Madoff the $100 invested would have turned into $87 today. I believe this is totally bogus numbers, Madoff made $65 Billion disappear, of US Money, he made another $65 Billion disappear of European money, most of it made it to Israel, Markopoulos gave testimony to Congress and in the Congressional hearing 2 X $65 Billion was discussed, the MSM was complicit in the lies, not reporting this, Madsen even wrote about the money going to Israel by bond purchases through US major banks, it was an Israeli operation, I think it was CITI C and JPMC involved in this, look it up to be sure. You don't make that much money disappear and bring a return to your " customers " , those paid out early may have made some money, some criminals knew when to get out. We had some killer threads on this at agora forum, way better than GIM, AIG, Intell agencies involvement, all related stuff.

JDRock
12th September 2012, 08:55 AM
true magnes, and i believe it would still be going on if he hadnt ripped off some prominent jews.

mamboni
12th September 2012, 09:17 AM
I believe this is totally bogus numbers, Madoff made $65 Billion disappear, of US Money, he made another $65 Billion disappear of European money, most of it made it to Israel, Markopoulos gave testimony to Congress and in the Congressional hearing 2 X $65 Billion was discussed, the MSM was complicit in the lies, not reporting this, Madsen even wrote about the money going to Israel by bond purchases through US major banks, it was an Israeli operation, I think it was CITI C and JPMC involved in this, look it up to be sure. You don't make that much money disappear and bring a return to your " customers " , those paid out early may have made some money, some criminals knew when to get out. We had some killer threads on this at agora forum, way better than GIM, AIG, Intell agencies involvement, all related stuff.

So in fact Isreal made-off like a bandit.

Neuro
12th September 2012, 09:22 AM
true magnes, and i believe it would still be going on if he hadnt ripped off some prominent jews.
Weren't they reimbursed by Sheila Bair?

JDRock
12th September 2012, 11:47 AM
Weren't they reimbursed by Sheila Bair?..I dont know i havnt heard that one.

steyr_m
12th September 2012, 01:13 PM

Beat me to it. That's the only reason why he's in jail.