PDA

View Full Version : The $69.00 $4,000 book Kindle Touch Tablet.

Ponce
22nd September 2012, 06:52 PM
My Kindle Touch Tablet came in two weeks ago and I love it.......easy to take it with you anywhere and chage what you want to do at a touch on the secreen........but........almost everything that you do goes by way way of Amazon where for your "convinience" they will keep everything for you for free, but for the books.............and of course with this tools at hand the will know just about everything about you, I for one am using it only to read book and nothing else, there are over 10 millions FREE books and one particular site (found here at GSUS) has all new books from 2012.

The Kindle Touch Tables sells for $119.00 but Amazon has it on special for $69.95........ the tablet holds up to 4,000 books and it feeds my need for reading, when I get tired of reading one thing I then simply chage to another story.

If you like to read as I do I would suggest that you get yourself one and load it up with as many free books as you can and someday when there is no more internet then you will have something to read in a small package that you can carry anywhere.

PS: It may have a build in GPS that everytime it goes by a Wi-Fi it shows where you are.

Dogman
22nd September 2012, 07:00 PM
Here is a place of all things e reader and more. There is one forum that every week you can snag at least 4 or more free books that are in current print. Some new authors that are very good at the craft.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/

Ponce I do not believe that any kindle has gps.

madfranks
22nd September 2012, 07:31 PM
Ponce - only the kindles that come with the cellular data option have the capability of tracking you. The basic ones have wi-fi, and you can easily turn it off. In fact, I keep mine off all the time unless I'm downloading a new book or something where I need it.

But I agree with you and dogman, these kindle readers are really cool! I'm the kind of person who reads 4 or 5 books simultaneously, and it's really nice to have my whole library at the touch of my hand!

Dogman
22nd September 2012, 07:43 PM
Ponce - only the kindles that come with the cellular data option have the capability of tracking you. The basic ones have wi-fi, and you can easily turn it off. In fact, I keep mine off all the time unless I'm downloading a new book or something where I need it.

But I agree with you and dogman, these kindle readers are really cool! I'm the kind of person who reads 4 or 5 books simultaneously, and it's really nice to have my whole library at the touch of my hand! Or "depending" on the pocket, in it.

This post was made by a kindle, using a Bluetooth keyboard.

Between my kindles and books on my computer, I have several lifetimes of reading in them. Last time I checked my library was in the neighborhood of + 9000 or so books. The hardest thing is to keep them organized and knowing what I have. My readers will tell me if if I try and copy a book that is already on it. And that is a good thing. The only area that kindles are weak in is the lack of orginizing your books unless you create "Catalogs" and that is a PITA even using calibre software.

Ponce
22nd September 2012, 08:07 PM
Uffffffffffff Pluto, there is need and then there is gree......9,000 books?..........anyway, this is where I am getting my free books from............... http://us.kinlib.com/

Dogman
22nd September 2012, 08:18 PM
Uffffffffffff Pluto, there is need and then there is gree......9,000 books?..........anyway, this is where I am getting my free books from............... http://us.kinlib.com/

There are several sites that given time to track them down I will post them. All or most are DRM free. There are several sites have free book of the month. Amazon does it all the time, but those books have DRM.

Edit: The way I figure it if it is free and can be read and sounds good, why in the hell not! At least I will never suffer from lack of variety.