PDA

View Full Version : Potential vs Reality

slowbell
24th September 2012, 12:09 PM
On Potential vs Reality:

A kid comes home from school with a writing assignment. He asks his father for help. "Dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?"

His father looks up, thoughtfully, and then says, "I'll demonstrate. Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Then come back and tell me what you've learned."

The kid is puzzled, but decides to ask his mother. "Mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Robert Redford?"

"Don't tell your father, but, yes, I would."

He then goes to his sister's room. "Sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Brad Pitt?"

She replies, "Omigod! Definitely!"

The kid goes back to his father. "Dad, I think I've figured it out. Potentially, we are sitting on two million bucks, but in reality, we are living with two sluts."

mamboni
24th September 2012, 01:14 PM
On Potential vs Reality:

A kid comes home from school with a writing assignment. He asks his father for help. "Dad, can you tell me the difference between potential and reality?"

His father looks up, thoughtfully, and then says, "I'll demonstrate. Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. Then go ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars. Then come back and tell me what you've learned."

The kid is puzzled, but decides to ask his mother. "Mom, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Robert Redford?"

"Don't tell your father, but, yes, I would."

He then goes to his sister's room. "Sis, if someone gave you a million dollars, would you sleep with Brad Pitt?"

She replies, "Omigod! Definitely!"

The kid goes back to his father. "Dad, I think I've figured it out. Potentially, we are sitting on two million bucks, but in reality, we are living with two sluts."

You should move this gem to the 'Joke of the Day' thread.

slowbell
24th September 2012, 01:23 PM
You should move this gem to the 'Joke of the Day' thread.

Indeed, it does belong there...however, thought y'all could use a laugh break from all the doom. :)

Gaillo
24th September 2012, 02:15 PM
Funny joke... but it does bring up something I've noticed about humanity.

The women are "sluts" for being willing to sleep with the celebrity du-jour. However, if the tables were turned, and the men were asked if they'd sleep with Julia Roberts, Selma Hayak, or some other celebribot who's considered to be attractive by the day's standards, NOT ONLY would they do it for free... they would also be looked up to as "da man" and called "studs" and "lucky bastards" by their buddies. Same behavior, without even the monetary incentive to make it a somewhat honest transaction!

Just a bit of the double-standard going on...

mamboni
24th September 2012, 02:31 PM

The women are "sluts" for being willing to sleep with the celebrity du-jour. However, if the tables were turned, and the men were asked if they'd sleep with Julia Roberts, Selma Hayak, or some other celebribot who's considered to be attractive by the day's standards, NOT ONLY would they do it for free... they would also be looked up to as "da man" and called "studs" and "lucky bastards" by their buddies. Same behavior, without even the monetary incentive to make it a somewhat honest transaction!

Hey buddy,

Shush! You're gonna ruin it for the rest of us, GAY-LO!!!;D{0}{0}

Gaillo
24th September 2012, 02:34 PM
Hey buddy,

Shush! You're gonna ruin it for the rest of us, GAY-LO!!!;D{0}{0}

Oops... Sorry there, Ma'am Boni, I'll keep it on the low-down! ;D

Neuro
24th September 2012, 02:41 PM

Yes, seems a bit unfair, but I guess the reason is that if your wife is a slut, you end up paying for someone elses baby, while if you're the county stud, you spread your genome wide and it probably won't cost your wife anything in terms of material standard.

If you have a key that opens many locks, that is considered a master key, and that is a very valuable thing to have. But if you have a lock that opens to many keys, that is bloody worthless!

mamboni
24th September 2012, 02:52 PM
Oops... Sorry there, Ma'am Boni, I'll keep it on the low-down! ;D

You know, some men get tumescent at the thought of a "hot wife."

Gaillo
24th September 2012, 02:53 PM
Yes, seems a bit unfair, but I guess the reason is that if your wife is a slut, you end up paying for someone elses baby, while if you're the county stud, you spread your genome wide and it probably won't cost your wife anything in terms of material standard.

If you have a key that opens many locks, that is considered a master key, and that is a very valuable thing to have. But if you have a lock that opens to many keys, that is bloody worthless!

Indeed. Like most things, it boils down to property and ownership.

slowbell
24th September 2012, 03:00 PM

I don't think it's a matter of property or ownership, but more about liabilities. If a man's wife sleeps around, and say he ends up raising 4 kids all from different guys, but not himself...he's on the hook for raising another's offspring. IE, his genes do not get passed on. He's bred out of existance. Yet...he has to pay in both time, energy, and monetarily for that. All the while...the "master key" keeps spreading his genes around.

It's the whole alpha vs beta thing. The alpha male sleeps with all the women, and the beta males raise the offspring faithfully. You see this in many species, if you pay attention to nature. I'm currently seeing it with sea lions. A big alpha sea lion is perched with several females. I see the lesser alpha males try to join, only to have the big alpha bark them off the dock. Very interesting, indeed.

Neuro
24th September 2012, 03:44 PM
To some extent yes, but it is more complex than that. I think it is far more common that women tend to call other women sluts than for men to do it. Likewise I think it is far more common that other men appreciate alphas as studs, than women. I think it is deeply engrained in our biology and psychology these tendencies. If you end up raising other men's children, because the woman you choose as partner can't stay faithful, genetically you are a loser, if you father many children genetically you are a winner. A woman who mothers many children is a genetic winner, but if she does it with several men she will suffer a societal stigma.

slowbell
24th September 2012, 03:58 PM
A woman who mothers many children is a genetic winner, but if she does it with several men she will suffer a societal stigma.

Homerun post, Neuro. Regarding this, not anymore. .Gov and our taxes say that woman is a 'victim' and should be supported. No more societal stigma, but more of a pity and a reward.

We are all beta men, Neuro, with our taxes, to support the "victims" of the Alpha male.

It's all nature, folks. It's all around us. In nature, it gets resolved though, naturally...in our system, it gets supported, propped up.

Neuro
24th September 2012, 04:15 PM
Homerun post, Neuro. Regarding this, not anymore. .Gov and our taxes say that woman is a 'victim' and should be supported. No more societal stigma, but more of a pity and a reward.

We are all beta men, Neuro, with our taxes, to support the "victims" of the Alpha male.

It's all nature, folks. It's all around us. In nature, it gets resolved though, naturally...in our system, it gets supported, propped up.
Most taxes don't apply to me. I fathered my children. I pay for them. I don't have any children on the side. I only ask that my wife and children respect me, and I love them dearly. I guess I am a freak nowadays!

Agrippa
24th September 2012, 04:26 PM
A woman who sleeps around is less valuable in the mating market, as there's a good chance the guy who mates with her will be cuckolded. A guy who is successful at spreading his genes far and wide is more valuable in the mating market, as he is likely to father sons who are similarly successful. Those wildly successful sons will also spread their mother's genes....

Leastwise, that was the way it was before the government got involved, and the way it will be when the government falls.

slowbell
24th September 2012, 04:34 PM
Most taxes don't apply to me. I fathered my children. I pay for them. I don't have any children on the side. I only ask that my wife and children respect me, and I love them dearly. I guess I am a freak nowadays!

No Neuro, you give the rest of us hope. That's how it should be, under God.

Neuro
24th September 2012, 04:44 PM
No Neuro, you give the rest of us hope. That's how it should be, under God.
That's what I have figured, whether you believe in god or not. Personally, I am undecided re that!