PDA

View Full Version : My trip to my Micky Mouse town........

Ponce
3rd October 2012, 12:49 PM
Went to my bank and asked them "Are you going to put up signs saying that there will be no more IDFC insurance after Dic 31?".......WHATTTTTTTTTT? she says to me......she went running to the back room openning a package, after reading a couple of pages she says to me "They are cancelling the $250,000 insurance" I then asked her "And what are they going to do?, going back to the $150,000 insurance?".....she to me "I don't know, they could go up to $350,000 or maybe to 0".................and this was from the bank manager.

I did see three vehicles (SUB's) with BIG mirrors on each side and one of then was parked where he could see every car going by while looking at something on the dash board.

Milk from $2.45 up to $3.18........bread the same thing........at Wally's world last week I paid $1.98 for a bag of ice that was $1.38 the week before.

5 of the 6 people infront of me paid with food card, nuber 6 had three LARGE packs of beer and 2 cans of dog food.

I forgot if I posted about my encounter with the government blk SUV while walking my dog and then another with a brush painted white van with 2 guys in it, but with brand new tires...........very interesting.

madfranks
3rd October 2012, 01:04 PM
5 of the 6 people infront of me paid with food card,

How could you tell? My understanding is they make the food stamp cards indistinguishable from regular debit cards so those people getting the food for free can avoid the stigma of fellow shoppers knowing they get their food for free.

sirgonzo420
3rd October 2012, 01:10 PM
How could you tell? My understanding is they make the food stamp cards indistinguishable from regular debit cards so those people getting the food for free can avoid the stigma of fellow shoppers knowing they get their food for free.

They are especially obvious when they are buying alcohol and cigarettes because they have to pay separately.

Here's what they look like:

http://www.jobcutnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/EBT-Cards-Map.jpg

chad
3rd October 2012, 01:11 PM
i've seen people as recently as this summer still using the old ones that look like big vouchers torn out of a coupon book. they must still have them in some capacity.

Sparky
3rd October 2012, 01:17 PM
They will extend the higher insurance coverage, because they know it's all just words.

Similarly, expect all the fiscal cliff issues to be extended for 2013. Debt ceiling, payroll tax reduction, automatic budget cuts, etc. One more year of fiscal fantasy, with the real panic setting in as they start the budget process for FY14. That's one of the reason I guessed a doom date in 2014.

chad
3rd October 2012, 01:18 PM
i'm going with before this april.

JohnQPublic
3rd October 2012, 01:42 PM
...food card, nuber 6 had three LARGE packs of beer...

What's wrong with chilled barley soup?

jimswift
3rd October 2012, 01:44 PM
i've seen people as recently as this summer still using the old ones that look like big vouchers torn out of a coupon book. they must still have them in some capacity.

I'm not totally sure, but I think those are the W.I.C.. I see those WIC approved signs all over the store.

Ponce
3rd October 2012, 01:46 PM

Franks? look at the map below your post and you can see the "Oregon Trail" food card, about six years ago I had one for one year = $176 per month......they then found out that I was not "poor" and then they offer me $6.00 a month hahahaahhaahahahaahah, not even enough for my cat.........I told them to shove it.