PDA

View Full Version : USADA report reveals Lance Armstrong as the greatest fraud in American sports

joboo
18th October 2012, 06:20 PM
Well that sucks...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/usada-report-reveals-lance-armstrong-as-the-greatest-fraud-in-american-sports.html

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/KBbOPnUWvVwWqpQV6GKIdg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/ed497f379419971c1d0f6a7067003099.jpg

"From Armstrrong's comeback from cancer in 1998 through his seventh and final Tour de France victory in 2005, his former teammates claim he used EPO, testosterone, human growth hormone, cortisone and blood transfusions. Among those making the claims are Hamilton, Andreu, George Hincapie, Floyd Landis and Jonathan Vaughters.

While some of the information released in Tuesday's report isn't new, the scope of it is mind-boggling.

There's the story from the 1998 World Championships in which a drug tester randomly showed up at Armstrong's hotel. Fearing Armstrong's hematocrit – a measurement of red blood cell count that cyclists consider the number between winning and losing – would test too high and thus prompt a positive drug test, Dr. Pedro Celeya, Postal's principal team doctor, ran to his car, grabbed a liter of saline, hid it under his raincoat, snuck by the drug tester and into Armstrong's room, where he administered the saline to Armstrong.

There's the fascinating tale of Motoman, a personal assistant of Armstrong who became Postal's EPO delivery man during the '99 Tour. Fearful of keeping EPO on team buses, Postal used Motoman to deliver EPO-filled syringes after various stages of the tour. He'd ride his motorcycle along the Tour route, deliver the syringes, which Armstrong, Hamilton and Kevin Livingston would inject, often on the team bus just feet from the finish line. When they were done, they'd put the used syringes inside a Coke can for another team member to dump into a public trash can. "

LuckyStrike
18th October 2012, 08:10 PM
I haven't really followed this thing more than just the headlines, but this guy is getting taken down to china town.

EE_
18th October 2012, 08:31 PM
A bicycle rider gets crucified?
Meanwhile public servants with the power over life and death, sworn to uphold the law, are taking illegal drugs. Where is the justice?

Steroid abuse has become a major problem among police officers

It's a problem in other states, but Connecticut officials say not here
By Gregory B. Hladky

3:35 p.m. EST, January 17, 2012
Investigations in Oregon, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, New York and other states have in recent years found disturbing evidence of police officers abusing steroids. But Connecticut police insist they've never seen it here.

A national expert who's been studying steroid use in all types of subcultures from athletics to the military believes "tens of thousands" of cops all across the U.S. are on such illegal drugs. But the head of the largest police union in this state, a man who spent 20 years with the Milford P.D., says the issue has never even been raised in any Connecticut disciplinary hearing he knows about.

A recent scandal in New Jersey turned up 248 public safety officials — most of them cops — who were getting steroids prescribed by a steroid-abusing doctor, and New Jersey officials responded by ordering random police drug testing. But a Connecticut State Police spokesman says his department doesn't do that.

Just last month, a federal appeals court ruled a New Jersey police chief was within his rights to order several of his officers to undergo testing for steroids, strip them of their weapons and put them on desk duty.

But state Rep. Stephen Dargan, the long-time co-chairman of the Connecticut legislature's Public Safety Committee, says he's never, ever even heard of questions about police steroid abuse being voiced in this state. "That's a new one on me," he says.

John Hoberman is a University of Texas professor who's spent 25 years studying the social implications of widespread steroid use among professional and amateur athletes, body builders, the military and police.

And statements from Connecticut law enforcement officials that they don't believe cop-steroid abuse is a significant problem here, or the fact that the issue hasn't even been raised before in this state, comes as no surprise to Hoberman.

"This has been a suppressed and under-reported story," he says of steroids and the cops. He has found most police departments "prefer to deal with [steroid abuse] as an internal matter" rather than have it become public.

Hoberman says he's collected "hundreds of reports" of such cases from around the U.S., Canada, Scotland and England.

"This is not an isolated phenomenon — it's a country-wide phenomenon," he adds.

The biggest concern most people have over steroid "juiced" cops is the potential for increased aggression in someone who's armed and trained to use everything from pepper spray and stun guns to firearms. And one result of the New Jersey scandal is a spate of civil lawsuits claiming excessive use of force by some of the officers implicated in steroid abuse.

Connecticut has had its share of police scandals, including a recent federal investigation that found East Haven cops routinely harassed and abused Latino drivers. The feds also reported those local cops often used excessive force, but there's been no discussion of the possibility of steroid abuse.

Hoberman says so-called 'Roid Rage' isn't actually a common side effect of steroid use. "It's too simple to assume that steroids are causing violent behavior," he points out. He says steroid abuse by a police officer is often a good indicator that he (and steroid abuse is almost exclusively limited to males) is having other serious problems.

There is also the problem that a cop buying an illegal drug like steroids, either from a corrupt doctor or on the black market, "is making himself vulnerable to blackmail or pressure," Hoberman says.

At the same time, that potential for aggressive behavior is a worrisome part of the whole issue. An article in the June 2008 edition of The Police Chief, a magazine billing itself as "The Professional Voice of Law Enforcement," listed "increased self-confidence, increased activity, impaired judgment, and reckless behavior" as some of the possible side effects of steroid abuse. Not what you're looking for in dudes allowed to carry guns on the job.

According to Hoberman, many police officers who get caught in steroid scandals claim they needed to do it to bulk up and increase their physical fitness in order to handle confrontations with drug addicts and bad-ass street criminals.

"I don't think this is an adequate rationale for steroid use," Hoberman says. He says his research indicates that most cops who use such drugs are doing it for basically the same reason as everyone else: "For cosmetic purposes."

"Young men want to look good," Hoberman says, arguing most 18- to 34-year-old abusers use steroids "in order to look ripped and well defined."

Jeffrey Matchett spent 20 years as a cop in Milford and now heads AFSCME Local 15, Connecticut's biggest police union with some 4,000 members. He says questions about police steroid abuse in this state "is a surprise to me. … I haven't seen this occurring."

Matchett says there is no statewide standard for random drug testing for police in Connecticut and that the issue is left up to individual police collective bargaining units.

Most police officers are tested for drugs when they're first recruited or apply for law enforcement jobs.

State Police Lt. Paul Vance says commanders in his department do have authority under existing labor agreements to order individual drug tests for "reasonable suspicion" but that random drug testing isn't allowed.

Douglas Fuchs is president of the Connecticut Police Chiefs Association and chief of Redding's department. "I have never known any police officer to be on performance-enhancing drugs," says Fuchs, a law-enforcement officer since 1986.

He points out that cops "see every single day the effect of substance abuse on the human body" and Fuchs believes that's a hell of a deterrent to using crap like steroids. (Of course, cops also see what alcohol abuse can do and that hasn't prevented booze from being a major, long-running problem for stressed-out police across the nation.)

Dargan says that, now he's aware of cop-steroid problems in other states, he'd like to find out more about it. "We don't want our police using illegal drugs of any type," he says.

More importantly, according to Dargan, he wants to talk to experts in order to find out if Connecticut police are at risk from steroid abuse.

"They have the most difficult job you can imagine," says Dargan. "We as a state need to help and protect our front-line guys."

http://www.ct.com/news/advocates/latest-news/nm-ht04ncsteroids-20120117,0,1840885.story?page=2

ShortJohnSilver
18th October 2012, 08:39 PM
What is really going on here?

I think this is the phase where the Khazar revolutionaries / commies try to pull down any and all heroic figures in the culture, as a form of

1) demoralizing the people

2) attacking the culture

3) further corrupting the culture and in the process, "proving" to themselves that it is completely acceptable to destroy this "corrupt civilization" as they did to the Canaanites, Edomites, Philistines, Rome, etc.

vacuum
18th October 2012, 08:39 PM
He seems like a sociopath. I read a 6 or so page writeup by one of his former assistants about what he's really like.

For example, he used his assistant, paying him very little and expecting him to do things like take out the trash. After a few years when his assistant showed his disapproval for drug use, he dumped the guy and didn't follow through to endorse a bike shop afterwards like he agreed to when he hired the guy. Basically used him for several years and he got nothing out of it (this is a guy with a very young kid). He then trashed the assistant's reputation afterwards to discredit anything he might say and ensure he didn't get work anywhere else.

This assistant guy also saw how Armstrong divorced his wife. On the beach with their kids, he said "I'm leaving you, I can't live like this anymore" and just walked away. Strait up sociopathy.

AndreaGail
18th October 2012, 08:54 PM
just another instance of the media demonizing a white athlete for drug use but giving a free pass to blacks (ie track and field, williams sisters, etc)

LuckyStrike
18th October 2012, 09:07 PM
Canaanites, Edomites,

FWIW, these groups are the ancestors of the jew.

midnight rambler
18th October 2012, 09:12 PM
I cannot imagine so many former teammates coming forward and signing affidavits if there were no substance to the allegations. Where are the former teammates coming to his defense??

Twisted Titan
18th October 2012, 09:59 PM
He seems like a sociopath. I read a 6 or so page writeup by one of his former assistants about what he's really

This assistant guy also saw how Armstrong divorced his wife. On the beach with their kids, he said "I'm leaving you, I can't live like this anymore" and just walked away. Strait up sociopathy.

Thats why i dont feel bad for armstrong

He shit on his family for no other reason just because

i hope they skinn his ass alive

Neuro
18th October 2012, 11:18 PM
S:t Lancelot goes to hell...

osoab
19th October 2012, 03:27 AM
I cannot imagine so many former teammates coming forward and signing affidavits if there were no substance to the allegations. Where are the former teammates coming to his defense??

A pile on to save their own reputations?

Not saying his isn't a dick, but I also wonder what other cycling teams were doing during the same time frame.

PlatinumBlonde
19th October 2012, 06:02 AM
Yes, he is a complete jerk and probably a selfish b$stard BUT I have difficulty believing anyone who had recoved from cancer taking steroids. Wouldn't the concer come back after exposure to the steroids?

DMac
19th October 2012, 06:42 AM
Nothing distracts more attention away from the lying, thieving murderous bastard rich assholes than a good sport steroid scandal.

Rot in hell presstitutes. I hope you all burn.

How many more trillions were stolen this month?

BrewTech
19th October 2012, 07:22 AM
I thought this clip was very inspirational!

:p

http://vimeo.com/1301366

Old Herb Lady
23rd October 2012, 06:41 PM
(it's a Fox Report, oh well you get the idea...)

Lance Armstrong stripped of all 7 Tour de France titles, banned for life

Published October 22, 2012
FoxNews.com

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/video/102212_banderas_armstrong_640.jpg

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/vp-overlay-16.pnghttp://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/video/84/47/102212_banderas_armstrong_640.jpg (http://video.foxnews.com/v/1917805646001/lance-armstrong-stripped-seven-tour-de-france-titles?intcmp=related)
Lance Armstrong stripped of seven Tour de France... (http://video.foxnews.com/v/1917805646001/lance-armstrong-stripped-seven-tour-de-france-titles?intcmp=related)
http://global.fncstatic.com/static/v/all/img/vp-overlay-16.pnghttp://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/video/84/47/101912_al_court_640.jpg (http://video.foxnews.com/v/1913109444001/sunday-times-considers-legal-action-against-lance-armstrong?intcmp=related)
Sunday Times considers legal action against Lance... (http://video.foxnews.com/v/1913109444001/sunday-times-considers-legal-action-against-lance-armstrong?intcmp=related)

GENEVA – Cycling legend Lance Armstrong's fall from grace was completed Monday, when the sport's governing body stripped him of all seven Tour de France titles and banned him for life on the heels of a damning report from U.S. officials that concluded he cheated throughout his career.
The 41-year-old cancer survivor's unprecedented dominance in the grueling sport can now be stricken from the record books, though Armstrong continues to insist he never cheated. The announcement came Monday morning, and was based on a report from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency that accused Armstrong of leading a massive doping program on his teams.
The report included testimony from several former teammates who competed alongside Armstrong as he won the sport's most coveted title every year from 1999 to 2005. Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme has said the race will have no official winners for those years.
USADA said Armstrong should be banned and stripped of his Tour titles for "the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen" within his U.S. Postal Service and Discovery Channel teams. International Cycling Union President Pat McQuaid announced that the federation accepted the USADA's report on Armstrong and would not appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
"I've been better, but I've also been worse."
- Lance Armstrong, speaking to cyclists on Sunday

The USADA report said Armstrong and his teams used steroids, the blood booster EPO and blood transfusions. The report included statements from 11 former teammates who testified against Armstrong.
Armstrong denies doping, saying he passed hundreds of drug tests. But he chose not to fight USADA in one of the agency's arbitration hearings, arguing the process was biased against him. Former Armstrong team director Johan Bruyneel is also facing doping charges, but he is challenging the USADA case in arbitration.
On Sunday, Armstrong greeted about 4,300 cyclists at his Livestrong charity's fundraiser bike ride in Texas, telling the crowd he's faced a "very difficult" few weeks.
"I've been better, but I've also been worse," Armstrong, a cancer survivor, told the crowd.
While drug use allegations have followed the 41-year-old Armstrong throughout much of his career, the USADA report has badly damaged his reputation. Longtime sponsors Nike, Trek Bicycles and Anheuser-Busch have dropped him, as have other companies, and Armstrong also stepped down last week as chairman of Livestrong, the cancer awareness charity he founded 15 years ago after surviving testicular cancer which spread to his lungs and brain.
Armstrong's astonishing return from life-threatening illness to the summit of cycling offered an inspirational story that transcended the sport. However, his downfall has ended "one of the most sordid chapters in sports history," USADA said in its 200-page report published two weeks ago.
Armstrong has consistently argued that the USADA system was rigged against him, calling the agency's effort a "witch hunt."
If Armstrong's Tour victories are not reassigned there would be a hole in the record books, marking a shift from how organizers treated similar cases in the past.
When Alberto Contador was stripped of his 2010 Tour victory for a doping violation, organizers awarded the title to Andy Schleck. In 2006, Oscar Pereiro was awarded the victory after the doping disqualification of American rider Floyd Landis.
USADA also thinks the Tour titles should not be given to other riders who finished on the podium, such was the level of doping during Armstrong's era.
The agency said 20 of the 21 riders on the podium in the Tour from 1999 through 2005 have been "directly tied to likely doping through admissions, sanctions, public investigations" or other means. It added that of the 45 riders on the podium between 1996 and 2010, 36 were by cyclists "similarly tainted by doping."
The world's most famous cyclist could still face further sports sanctions and legal challenges. Armstrong could lose his 2000 Olympic time-trial bronze medal and may be targeted with civil lawsuits from ex-sponsors or even the U.S. government. (let's just leave it at that)
In total, 26 people -- including 15 riders -- testified that Armstrong and his teams used and trafficked banned substances and routinely used blood transfusions. Among the witnesses were loyal sidekick George Hincapie and convicted dopers Tyler Hamilton and Floyd Landis.
USADA's case also implicated Italian sports doctor Michele Ferrari, depicted as the architect of doping programs, and longtime coach and team manager Bruyneel.
Ferrari -- who has been targeted in an Italian prosecutor's probe -- and another medical official, Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral, received lifetime bans.
Bruyneel, team doctor Pedro Celaya and trainer Jose "Pepe" Marti opted to take their cases to arbitration with USADA. The agency could call Armstrong as a witness at those hearings.
Bruyneel, a Belgian former Tour de France rider, lost his job last week as manager of the RadioShack-Nissan Trek team which Armstrong helped found to ride for in the 2010 season.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/10/22/decision-day-for-lance-armstrong/#ixzz2AAzkREco

osoab
23rd October 2012, 06:50 PM
And Jon Corzine walks free...

Ponce
23rd October 2012, 07:33 PM
Never even really knew about him, didn't even keep track of the races..........more important things in my life....like..... taking inventory of my tp to be sure that none has been stolen, HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY to each their own, no?.

vacuum
8th January 2013, 07:30 PM
Update....not that it's important. Btw, if he actually does cry, that would be pretty sociopathic imo.

Lance Armstrong Will Ask Oprah for Absolution, Forgiveness in Interview

http://www.showbiz411.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Lance-armstrong-2.jpg 01/08/13 7:30pm Roger Friedman (http://www.showbiz411.com/author/roger) 37 (http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/01/08/lance-armstrong-will-ask-oprah-for-absolution-forgiveness-in-interview#comments)
Tweet (http://twitter.com/share) http://gold-silver.us/forum/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAC0AAAAUCAIAAAC WDSOoAAAABGdBTUEAALGPC/xhBQAAAU5JREFUSEtj/Pfv35NXX95++P77zz8GugNWFiYRAU5pMR6GRy8+Xb//9vW7r28GAr1++wVo++MXnxjO3Xj56u2XAXEExFKg7edvvGQ4de X5ADoCYjXQDVjckVCxxjpyBh4EVEBdp2N3B35HQGQHzB3FXdv+ gwGQQYw7iFED9wwJ4QF0wdOXn/YfvZ1UvgjNDqxcGroD6Ah4lCHHC1Yrqe+OwJwls1efBobH+Rsv gAwgl6TwgCvG6gd8+QUtncJTBq70gSdekB0BD0LMoCItfQDDg5 h4gViDlq3Q/IaW3WjrDohrIFbiTy443ZHTvBkNASPl3qN3EEEy0geyFhLiBdM dwGoZjzuQ4wseL2gJguR0Ciy25VwbLEOnAEmsDDqV69Qts4kxD ZQ+gHXuoKj3gW2QAWwHAYMA2g4CJkCgUy7cfAUMHPojoL2PX34 CugEAZwNKO/hX+zQAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Lance Armstrong has decided to come clean, so to speak. Since the big dope’s life is essentially ruined, he’s apparently going to admit it all and ask for forgiveness. And who better to give it to him that Oprah? She’s got him on January 17 from 9 to 10:30pm on the hard to find OWN channel. Good for her. It used to be that celebrities went to Larry King or Barbara Walters when they needed to eat crow publicly and return to the world.
But for this generation it’s Oprah. Lance will cry, his eyes will well up when he talks about his kids, he’ll show Oprah his scars from various surgeries, and recommend a healing expert in Nepal which she’ll put on her next Best Things list.
Will she grant him absolution? I hope not. But Armstrong has nothing to lose–he’s lost everything. He deceived the world for years, and kept lying about it. He had plenty of chances to explain himself. I don’t care if he came from a broken home, was beaten with a bat, or made to wash the dishes. Maybe this will be the last time we’ll have to hear from him.
We will wait for the usual clips, leaks, and advance bites.
PS Apparently the Showtime show, “60 Minutes Sports” is also headlining a tremendous piece by Scott Pelley. Check it out at CBSNews.com

zap
8th January 2013, 07:46 PM
This is freaking ridiculous, do you think I give a fly- ing shit if he used steroids?

I don't care, Come on AmerikA .

Santa
8th January 2013, 08:19 PM
Maybe he had bionic legs surgically attached during his cancer operations? Damn things were probably made in China.

FreeEnergy
8th January 2013, 08:30 PM
Dudes, you have to be pretty unaware of sports if you don't know that competitive cycling is all about staying ahead of drug testing.

Not a single one of them who's any good is doing it for real without a boost.

Just like bodybuilders - lotsa mussles, can't get it up.

Hillbilly
8th January 2013, 08:30 PM
I knew that cock sucking faggot was a fraud after winning his 3rd championship. Total fucking fraud is right.

Twisted Titan
8th January 2013, 09:02 PM
He deserves nothing but scorn

He sh!t on his kids.

I hope he lives miserably for the rest of his days

osoab
9th January 2013, 03:28 AM
and Jon Corzine walks free...

Neuro
9th January 2013, 03:37 AM
and Jon Corzine walks free...
If fraud was a sport, he would be among the greatest...

Neuro
9th January 2013, 03:41 AM
Never even really knew about him, didn't even keep track of the races..........more important things in my life....like..... taking inventory of my tp to be sure that none has been stolen, HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY to each their own, no?.
Imagine if it came out you don't have any toilet paper? That's the scale of the fraud we are talking about here!

joboo
9th January 2013, 06:05 AM
He needs to show up on Orca looking like this with a lit cigarette in his mouth. Best episode ever. ;)

http://seetell.jp/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/steroids.jpg

Son-of-Liberty
9th January 2013, 08:18 AM
Yes, he is a complete jerk and probably a selfish b$stard BUT I have difficulty believing anyone who had recoved from cancer taking steroids. Wouldn't the concer come back after exposure to the steroids?

Steroids don't increase your risk of cancer.

Son-of-Liberty
9th January 2013, 08:20 AM
I don't think it would be stretch to say that 90%+ of tour athletes use drugs.

Question is why is lance being made an example of now when for years the same people were protecting his reputation?

Cebu_4_2
9th January 2013, 09:02 AM
Question is why is lance being made an example of now when for years the same people were protecting his reputation?

Anti Semite example?

Glass
9th January 2013, 03:29 PM
It's more fodder for the water cooler distracto converso movement.

It's a distracting circus backed by the music of "Moving right along".