PDA

View Full Version : latest from jim willie

Large Sarge
19th October 2012, 02:04 AM
http://www.silverdoctors.com/jim-willie-extreme-symptoms-hidden-menace-as-gold-targets-1900/

osoab
19th October 2012, 02:32 AM
Bob Chapman thought Jim Wille was an asshat.

Bigjon
19th October 2012, 04:29 AM
Bob Chapman thought Jim Wille was an asshat.

Bob Chapman had to leave the country for awhile due to his involvement in stock fraud. He was involved in a classical pump and dump.

osoab
19th October 2012, 04:54 AM
Bob Chapman had to leave the country for awhile due to his involvement in stock fraud. He was involved in a classical pump and dump.

Understood, but I tend to agree with Chapman. Kind of ironic his hastened death is attributed to the shotty holistic advice he received.

I still miss Bob though. I think he made amends by helping people out and warning them.

To me, Willie is identical to Max Keiser. Just another Gilbert Godfrey.

mamboni
19th October 2012, 05:54 AM
I subscribe to Willie's newsletter and read all of his writings religiously. Factually and analytically, he is excellent. But he is a terrible speaker in person and his prose is like that of a statistician: bullets, exclamations, and storm of factoids but without flow or a pleasant style. He is very hard to read - it's work not pleasure.

If you want to read a book that is exquisitely written and a pleasure to read, check out Rickard's latest, Currency Wars. It reads like a dream.

I miss Bob Chapman too. But in retrospect, Bob had gotten to be such a carmudgeon in the last few years. He would exclaim the same admonitions and generalizations (i.e. buy gold and the mining share, stay out of the markets because they're rigged, buy freeze dried food etc.) but offered no details or analysis. Personally, I prefer a analyst who not only gives recommendations and conclusions, but can lucidly explain the nuts and bolts of his thinking vis-a-vis the markets. This reassures me that his conclusions are founded in fact and logic, and are not merely hunches and guesses.

mamboni
19th October 2012, 06:00 AM
Understood, but I tend to agree with Chapman. Kind of ironic his hastened death is attributed to the shotty holistic advice he received.

I still miss Bob though. I think he made amends by helping people out and warning them.

Willie and Keiser are different characters.

Keiser is to Gilbert Godfrey as Jim Willie is to:

a. Foghorn Leghorn
b. Elmer Fudd
c. Popeye
d. Marvin the Martian
e. all of the above

DMac
19th October 2012, 08:05 AM

Keiserstein calls Bernanke a protestant, pushes the global warming scam and doesn't have a problem with Zionism.

Willie calls out each of these things as bullshit. It's an insult to Willie to compare him to Keiserstein, IMO.

As Mullins said, if they are on TV they are owned.

mamboni
19th October 2012, 08:08 AM
Keiserstein calls Bernanke a protestant, pushes the global warming scam and doesn't have a problem with Zionism.

Willie calls out each of these things as bullshit. It's an insult to Willie to compare him to Keiserstein, IMO.

As Mullins said, if they are on TV they are owned.

That's a BINGO!