PDA

View Full Version : TSA Humiliated and Disgraced! Body Scanners removed from JFK & La Guardia

mamboni
22nd October 2012, 06:05 PM
mamboni translates: make no mistake. This is capitulation by and humiliation of the TSA. What total bullshit double talk "Machines Are Safe, But Move Will Help Speed Up Security Lines." In other words, the scanners are unnecessary, unless you need to rob and harass private citizens! If they pulled these scanners, it's because air traffic is in the toilet and the airlines cried uncle. Good! Maybe enough people have woken up and said "no more pat downs, no more damaging unsafe body scans, no more grabbing my genitals, no more stealing my property, and no more treating me like damn cattle!"

TSA Pulls Use Of Controversial Full Body Scanners At JFK, LaGuardia Airports
Agency: Machines Are Safe, But Move Will Help Speed Up Security Lines

October 22, 2012 6:21 PM

Filed under
Health, Heard On 1010 WINS, WCBS, WFAN, Local, News, NY News, Radio.com - News, Syndicated Local, Syndication, Watch + Listen
Related tags
Backscatter, Full Body Scanners, John F. Kennedy International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport, Peter Haskell, Transportation Security Administration, Trending

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The controversial full body airport scanners are being removed from LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy International, the Transportation Security Administration announced Sunday.

The Backscatter machines were first used at JFK exactly two years ago amid a flurry of controversy.
WCBS 880′s Peter Haskell reports from LaGuardia Airport.

Opponents said the very detailed image of the human body provided by the machines is an invasion of privacy, while others argued the level of radiation emitted by the Backscatters could be dangerous over the long term.

The TSA said its decision to pull the machines is in an effort to speed up security lines at the two New York City airports, and insists the full body scanners are safe.

Some passengers at LaGuardia said they did not mind the use of the Backscatter body scanner machines.

“It didn’t bother me personally. Again, if I want to be a safe on a plane, if that’s what they need to do to get us on there and have us arrive safely, it’s fine by me,” one woman told WCBS 880′s Peter Haskell.

“Just feel real confident. Once I go through there, I know everything’s been checked out,” another air traveler told Haskell.
Each Backscatter machine costs $160,000, Haskell reported.

“If they can keep the same level of security then I have no issue with it, but they have to get an alternative to make sure that the passengers and the airlines are secure,” another traveler told Haskell.

Officials said currently there are nearly 250 full body scanners at 37 airports nationwide.

Newark Liberty International Airport uses a completely different machine called a millimeter wave machine, which is considered to be a safer technology.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/22/tsa-pulls-use-of-controversial-full-body-scanners-at-jfk-laguardia-airports/

General of Darkness
22nd October 2012, 06:07 PM
I just heard on the radio coming home that they're removing them from LAX also.

StreetsOfGold
22nd October 2012, 06:11 PM
Either they are feeling the pressure (which they will flatly deny, of course)
OR
There's something more sinister planned.

chad
22nd October 2012, 06:12 PM
i vote for something more sinister. death robots or something. maybe terminator robots all over or something.

osoab
22nd October 2012, 06:15 PM
Help wanted adds have been placed in all sexual deviant half-way houses for new TSA screeners.

midnight rambler
22nd October 2012, 06:16 PM
One report I read stated that those machines were breaking down frequently and causing security line delays, therefore they were being relocated to 'lower volume' airports where the 'frequent breakdowns' won't be such an issue. But who knows for sure except the bureaurats at the top. One thing is a safe bet - Michael Jerkoff will get to continue selling his RapeScan machines to the TSA.

osoab
22nd October 2012, 06:25 PM
mamboni translates: make no mistake. This is capitulation by and humiliation of the TSA. What total bullshit double talk "Machines Are Safe, But Move Will Help Speed Up Security Lines." In other words, the scanners are unnecessary, unless you need to rob and harass private citizens! If they pulled these scanners, it's because air traffic is in the toilet and the airlines cried uncle. Good! Maybe enough people have woken up and said "no more pat downs, no more damaging unsafe bofy scans, no more grabbing my genitals, no more stealing my property, and no more treating me like damn cattle!"

TSA Pulls Use Of Controversial Full Body Scanners At JFK, LaGuardia Airports
Agency: Machines Are Safe, But Move Will Help Speed Up Security Lines

October 22, 2012 6:21 PM

Filed under
Health, Heard On 1010 WINS, WCBS, WFAN, Local, News, NY News, Radio.com - News, Syndicated Local, Syndication, Watch + Listen
Related tags
Backscatter, Full Body Scanners, John F. Kennedy International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport, Peter Haskell, Transportation Security Administration, Trending

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The controversial full body airport scanners are being removed from LaGuardia and John F. Kennedy International, the Transportation Security Administration announced Sunday.

The Backscatter machines were first used at JFK exactly two years ago amid a flurry of controversy.
WCBS 880′s Peter Haskell reports from LaGuardia Airport.

Opponents said the very detailed image of the human body provided by the machines is an invasion of privacy, while others argued the level of radiation emitted by the Backscatters could be dangerous over the long term.

The TSA said its decision to pull the machines is in an effort to speed up security lines at the two New York City airports, and insists the full body scanners are safe.

Some passengers at LaGuardia said they did not mind the use of the Backscatter body scanner machines.

“It didn’t bother me personally. Again, if I want to be a safe on a plane, if that’s what they need to do to get us on there and have us arrivesafely, it’s fine by me,” one woman told WCBS 880′s Peter Haskell.

“Just feel real confident. Once I go through there, I know everything’s been checked out,” another air traveler told Haskell.

“If they can keep the same level of security then I have no issue with it, but they have to get an alternative to make sure that the passengers and the airlines are secure,” another traveler told Haskell.

Officials said currently there are nearly 250 full body scanners at 37 airports nationwide.

Newark Liberty International Airport uses a completely different machine called a millimeter wave machine, which is considered to be a safer technology.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10/22/tsa-pulls-use-of-controversial-full-body-scanners-at-jfk-laguardia-airports/

Such a psyop. Three comments in favor of the machines given by the dumbed down publik. Two anti-machine arguments, but none given by the publik and only generalized negatives too. All the key phrases seemed to have been covered in the piece. It's all good though. Chertoff got his money.

Blink
22nd October 2012, 08:11 PM
Maybe all the training is over..........

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/08/10/255432/us-police-now-israelidhs-trained/

They don't need no stinking machines to know your guilty, they just need to look at you.

vacuum
22nd October 2012, 08:20 PM

Sounds like somebody is ready for the rectal screenings.

Santa
22nd October 2012, 08:54 PM

Backscatter? Haha. Funny name. They'll probably replace it with the GE AutoM-Assreamer, or to save money, the Fryoplunger 2000. That'll get the lines moving.

PatColo
22nd October 2012, 09:55 PM
JFK & La Guardia both serve Tel Aviv On The Hudson, IE (too) many joo passengers getting harmed, and unpleasant to view naked besides... hmmm... airports serving the rich joo FL cities next?

Are chertoff's naked body cancer inducer machines in use in izzy airports?

vacuum
22nd October 2012, 10:08 PM
JFK & La Guardia both serve Tel Aviv On The Hudson, IE (too) many joo passengers getting harmed, and unpleasant to view naked besides... hmmm... airports serving the rich joo FL cities next?

Are chertoff's naked body cancer inducer machines in use in izzy airports?

Right. These scanners aren't fit for the biggest and most high-profile airports, but for the smaller ones they are essential.

undgrd
23rd October 2012, 05:31 AM
Sounds to me like the sensor array covering the entire airport full-time is up and running.

collector
23rd October 2012, 05:46 AM
Future Headlines;

Electric shock collars coming soon due to consumer demand.
President Romney purchases controlling interest in SheeplShock Corpration
Chertoff takes CEO position in SheepleShock
New mandatory, non-opt-out airport security measures being put into place around the country

mamboni
23rd October 2012, 06:03 AM
Future Headlines;

Electric shock collars coming soon due to consumer demand.
President Romney purchases controlling interest in SheeplShock Corpration
Chertoff takes CEO position in SheepleShock
New mandatory, non-opt-out airport security measures being put into place around the country

Better yet:

Anal GPS devices: real time monitoring of passengers has arrived
Walmarts to offer Anal GPS device insertion to customers while they shop
OnStar Announces Two-Way Communication Support for Customer Anal GPS
Post-proctectomy Man sues Anal GPS Maker KoshaPOS for Alleged Malfunction

madfranks
23rd October 2012, 06:30 AM
Better yet:

Anal GPS devices: real time monitoring of passengers has arrived
Walmarts to offer Anal GPS device insertion to customers while they shop
OnStar Announces Two-Way Communication Support for Customer Anal GPS
Post-proctectomy Man sues Anal GPS Maker KoshaPOS for Alleged Malfunction

Are you ready for the worst pun in GSUS history?

Naked body scanners will make your day, but anal GPS will make your hole weak!

Sorry.

iOWNme
23rd October 2012, 07:09 AM
Now that they have removed them, get ready for the a 'Terrorist' attack just around the corner. Oct surprise? Wouldnt be much of a surprise to me.

"All the world is a stage......."

Im sure some 'real' Terrorist somewhere is planning an attack. It will be a 'coincidence' when he executes his plan just after the scanners have been removed!